Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Just had a look at PaddyPower and Hazard is the early favourite for PFA player of the year.
    The boy is certainly after making an impression!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

kingtubby wrote: »
    Just had a look at PaddyPower and Hazard is the early favourite for PFA player of the year.
    The boy is certainly after making an impression!

If he keeps up this kind of form and Chelsea have a good season then he will surely be nominated at least.

Early days yet tho, alot can happen still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I wouldnt go putting money on that type of bet, as we all know its a long season, although isn't it the case that the nominees are chosen at Xmas? I'm open to correction on that but I could of sworn I read something about that a while back

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I wouldnt go putting money on that type of bet, as we all know its a long season, although isn't it the case that the nominees are chosen at Xmas? I'm open to correction on that but I could of sworn I read something about that a while back

The voting is done in February I think... Madness really!

The voting is done in February I think... Madness really!

Ye I knew it was very early, just out of curiosity what price is hazard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As its my birthday today, I wanna share this with you all.

Dig in, have a slice. :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVRpQOpLUqgV7Bvaz58k-RQA4g87n1u48pPJCuJXDtz-M0RbLDPQ

Doesn't look too appealing tbh!! ;) happy birthday though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

As its my birthday today, I wanna share this with you all.

Dig in, have a slice. :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVRpQOpLUqgV7Bvaz58k-RQA4g87n1u48pPJCuJXDtz-M0RbLDPQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So unappealing you posted twice ha :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just watching the season review, Raul's goal against Benfica was some belter altogether.
    That is all!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Wigan have accepted Chelsea's offer for Victor Moses who now has permission to speak to Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

where will moses fit into the chelsea squad? no way he will be a regular starter will he?

darego wrote: »
    where will moses fit into the chelsea squad? no way he will be a regular starter will he?

Well considering we have no right sided midfielder I think he will go straight into the team after a bit of training

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

darego wrote: »

Can't see him starting but certainly one of the first fellas to be looked at when making a sub,if he improves on his potential and we don't sign Hulk there's no reason why he can't start on the right wing!

Whatever happens tho it's what we needed balance to our right hand side and he can also interchange.Hopefully he can improve on his final ball too.

Concerned about it being our 5th bid tho,could have stepped over the 10 million mark? :o

Meglamonia wrote: »

Concerned about it being our 5th bid tho,could have stepped over the 10 million mark? :o

Reports on twitter that the fee was £9 million, for a player of his ability and age I think its good value, I know it was he was in his last year of his contract but I'm happy with the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Reports on twitter that the fee was £9 million, for a player of his ability and age I think its good value, I know it was he was in his last year of his contract but I'm happy with the deal

Very good business IMO, still a bit raw but only 21 and already proved that he is a good premiership player. Will give us width on either side and will only improve playing with the likes of hazard, mata etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Well considering we have no right sided midfielder I think he will go straight into the team after a bit of training
    He has played most of his games as a LEFT winger, and he's a bit rubbish on the right, but yes welcome to the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Cant help feeling that we are struggling to get our real targerts and that he is a bit of an insurance policy

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

He has played most of his games as a LEFT winger, and he's a bit rubbish on the right, but yes welcome to the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Cant help feeling that we are struggling to get our real targerts and that he is a bit of an insurance policy

He gave cole a tough time last Sunday

Bit of a meh signing if he does sign but good to be adding to the squad.

Now for the love of all things holy start f**king selling people.
    *cough* Malouda *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Malouda mlre so then the rest. But Kakuta can go now we will get moses, Yossi, P.ferriera, Hilario or Turnbull.

Malouda mlre so then the rest. But Kakuta can go now we will get moses, Yossi, P.ferriera, Hilario or Turnbull.

I'd keep Ferriera, just for his experience around the club, great for the youngsters. For example, him giving instructions to Oscar before the Wigan game. These things are often overlooked, but are vitally important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Can't understand the Moses signing at all. We don't need him, we need a striker and a RB.

He's a bit of a headless chicken who gets himself into good positions then f..ks it up.

Can't understand the Moses signing at all. We don't need him, we need a striker and a RB.

He's a bit of a headless chicken who gets himself into good positions then f..ks it up.

He's 21.....proven EPL player with a fair bit of experience, plenty of talent and we have needed a proper RW player for ages. Plus he's versatile. I think it'll turn out to be good business.

BBC says Chelsea have offered £7m up front, with a further £2m in add-ons

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Premier League News ‏@FootballDave01
    #Chelsea have 100% had a bid accepted for Brazilian striker #Hulk. DONE DEAL!!

Could we get both Hulk and Cavani ??? I doubt it , more than likely rubbish

• Advertisement

Premier League News ‏@FootballDave01
    #Chelsea have 100% had a bid accepted for Brazilian striker #Hulk. DONE DEAL!!

Could we get both Hulk and Cavani ??? I doubt it , more than likely rubbish

Football Dave eh.........

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

I think he represents decent value at 7m plus 2m add ons.

Even he does not work out well I could see Chelsea only making a small loss if they sold him on in 2 years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Football Dave eh.........

Couple of boys on twitter claiming to be agents in the know , Im going to gauge there reliability for now on how the Hulk/Cavani deals go ,

Ive a funny feeling il be calling the fraud card in a few days ;)

not sure id welcome the signing of Hulk (yet).. want to see Torres get a right go at being our no.1 striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

not sure id welcome the signing of Hulk (yet).. want to see Torres get a right go at being our no.1 striker.

Hulk would play wide right if he came in, Torres would still start up top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Please please please, sell Meireles, Malouda, Kakuta, Yossi, Paulo, Hilario, Turnbull and as much as I love him, Essien. Blackman is good enough to fill the no.2 spot until Courtois comes back from Athletico next season to challenge Cech. We have more than enough depth in midfield to cover every position and Josh and De Bruyne will be back next season to take their place in the first team squad. Lets not for get that Piazon needs games too, so the deadwood have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Whatever about the others, I agree that Ferreira should stay. One of the longest serving players in the team along with Terry,Lamps and Cech, 8 years I believe. I've always liked him and he seems to have the right attitude about him and may indeed stay in football following his retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

TheStook wrote: »
    I agree that Ferreira should stay.

:eek:

Daily Mail and a few others are saying Barca have also bid for Luiz.

Unless were going to bring in Hummels I see no reason to sell him.

:eek:

What is so shocking about this statement? Paulo is very experienced and brings a lot to the club besides playing. How do you think these Portuguese speaking youngster i.e Oscar get settled without experienced players speaking in their native tongue. Also think of the experience he adds on the training ground.....

What do we reckon for the weekend? Can we get some revenge on Newcastle for that 2-0 game last year and P.Cisse's wonder goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What is so shocking about this statement? Paulo is very experienced and brings a lot to the club besides playing. How do you think these Portuguese speaking youngster i.e Oscar get settled without experienced players speaking in their native tongue. Also think of the experience he adds on the training ground.....

He's a player that even at his prime was a weak point in our defense imo. And holding onto someone for their language abilities is madness I think, when we sign Cesaer Az...a he'll be number 4 in the pecking order for right back (behind him Ivanovic and Hutch). For me he's been wasted wages for a number of seasons.

As for helping players settle in, we don't hold onto seniors for every language in the world why make an exception with Paulo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Hail Cesar! Azpiliqueta signs for Chelsea, according to Olympique Marseille.

Link

Daily Mail running with the story too.

I'll wait for the club to come and say hes signed before I believe it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2192964/Cesar-Azpilicueta-Chelsea-complete.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    Cesar Azpilicueta will train with his new Chelsea team-mates on Friday morning after completing his move from Marseille.

The Spanish right-back moves to Stamford Bridge for a fee of round £7million after a summer-long chase.

Daily Mail and a few others are saying Barca have also bid for Luiz.

Unless were going to bring in Hummels I see no reason to sell him.

Luiz posted a pic on twitter yesterday saying he was flying to Barcelona, for what reason I don't know, but I'm sure thats where the story came from.

On Moses I think we got a great deal, as has already been mentioned he's 21, PL proven and will only get better, West Ham are supposedly paying £11 million for Jarvis, who would you rather?

I thought we'd either get Moses or Hulk cant really see us getting both

• Advertisement

Luiz posted a pic on twitter yesterday saying he was flying to Barcelona, for what reason I don't know, but I'm sure thats where the story came from.

On Moses I think we got a great deal, as has already been mentioned he's 21, PL proven and will only get better, West Ham are supposedly paying £11 million for Jarvis, who would you rather?

I thought we'd either get Moses or Hulk cant really see us getting both

Could have been going to see the Barca v Real game, I'd highly doubt we'll sell him though, unless they want to give us an option to buy Deulofeu. :pac:

Given Moses age, him over Jarvis every day of the week. I agree though, I cant see nobody else coming in if we've Moses and Azpilicueta done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I agree, Paulo as much as i like him his time has long passed with us. We have other Portugese speaking staff and more expeirenced people giving advice to our youngsters. Chop Chop Chop, our squad needs trimming big time!

I hope these mini rumours of Hulks fee been agreed are true, he is the exact type of player we need. Moses and Azpilicueta should be signed this weekend and then we can focus on Hulk.

Torres

Sturridge

--Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk--
    --Marin
    Oscar
    Moses-

Lampard
    Ramires

Oriol
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ceasar
    Bertrand----Cahill
    Chalobha
    Ivan

Cech

Hilario

Thats a quality squad with dept youth experience skill speed power all in the right areas. For me if we can sign a good right back and Hulk this squad will be as good as Joses squad in 2005. Totally different of course but just as good ability wise.

PVA, Bruma, Kalas, McEachran, Courtios, Lukaku,De Bruyne, Hutchinson, Davila, and Delac all to come back from loan and reviewed. Plenty to posibbly add to the squad next season or sell on/loan again.

If Robbie can keep our style of play growing and master his tactics and theory we should be a force to deal with not only this season but the coming decade. Our future is looking bright lads!

What do we reckon for the weekend? Can we get some revenge on Newcastle for that 2-0 game last year and P.Cisse's wonder goal?

I actually think this is a very big game for us, as was mentioned yesterday we win this and we should really go on and get maximum points from our next 2 fixtures.

I really fancy us to get a result, having watched Newcastle last week against Spurs they were lucky not to go in at half time a couple of goals down, I'm gonna say 3-1 :pac:

Is Pardew suspended for this game?

I actually think this is a very big game for us, as was mentioned yesterday we win this and we should really go on and get maximum points from our next 2 fixtures.

I really fancy us to get a result, having watched Newcastle last week against Spurs they were lucky not to go in at half time a couple of goals down, I'm gonna say 3-1 :pac:

Is Pardew suspended for this game?

One thing we have to do is beat the teams in the top half of the table reguarly.

For instance when Carlo won his double, we won home and away against Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool, the old top 4 and that was key to winning the league, we have to return to those days and RDM has to take a scalp because I'm struggling to think has he beaten a team higher then mid tble since he took us over, in the league mind you.

Edit : I dont know if Pardew is suspended, he apologised publicily and privately to the official but I dont know if the FA have charged him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Has anyone regularly watched Cesar?is he all hype?

No idea, but it seems to be great business for £7 Million, he'll certainly push Ivanovic for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Ivanovic to CB!

So since last summer:

Lukaku
    (Piazon)
    (Feruz)
    Courtois
    Juan Mata
    Meireles
    De Bruyne
    Gary Cahill
    Marko Marin
    Eden Hazard
    Oscar
    Azpilicueta
    Victor Moses
    (Musonda's)
    (Thorgen Hazard)

And brought Bertrand through.
    And appointed RDM

Thats one hell of a haul! :D

(Have I missed anybody?)

Congrats to Victor BTW, living the dream - he's come a long way!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/may/20/football.immigration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm quite worried about this game! Newcastle caused us real problems last season at the Bridge and we need to tighten up at the back if we are to win this game. Hopefully Hazard continues in the form he has shown in the first two games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement