Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

solarith wrote: »
    Ivanovic to CB to the bench

Fixed that for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Marin still injured, JT has a neck injury could miss tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Aquila wrote: »
    Has Moses been confirmed offically?

Di Matteo just said he just needs to do a medical. Also said he was happy with the squad now and is ready to into the season with this squad.

Was also asked if any one would leave and he said it doesn't look like it. :(

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Marin still injured, JT has a neck injury could miss tomorrow.

JT would be a big lose, especially if Luiz is still out, we'll have problems at the back.
    Johner wrote: »
    Di Matteo just said he just needs to do a medical. Also said he was happy with the squad now and is ready to into the season with this squad.

Was also asked if any one would leave and he said it doesn't look like it. :(

Ah jaysus, was hoping for a few out the door, hopefully deadline day will see a few panic buys and se a few of our lads leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

yeah that could be a problem at the back if JT and Luiz are both out.

With no natural RB other than Ferreira we may have to play him with Ivan and Cahill at CB. Chalobha on the bench and maybe Essien.

Should be a trilling game for the neutral but i thin this will be a massive test for us especially in our defence.

Duck Soup wrote: »

23rd Birthday in 4 days.

Thats RB sorted and Moses, I dont think there'll be much more activity with players coming in for the rest of the window though.

what a day wrote: »
    yeah that could be a problem at the back if JT and Luiz are both out.

With no natural RB other than Ferreira we may have to play him with Ivan and Cahill at CB. Chalobha on the bench and maybe Essien.

Should be a trilling game for the neutral but i thin this will be a massive test for us especially in our defence.

If JT and Luiz are out and we've confirmed Azpilicueta why not play him?

He'll be after training tomorrow and its not like hes a 17 year old coming in with little experience.
    Azp--Ivanovic--Cahill--Cole

Sorted, ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    JT would be a big lose, especially if Luiz is still out, we'll have problems at the back.

Not at tall!
    Azpilicueta-Ivanovic-Cahill-Cole

It will take a miracle goal that even Drogba would have to acknowledge to get past that lot...
    Oh wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Still think there will be deadline drama, cavani or another striker

If JT and Luiz are out and we've confirmed Azpilicueta why not play him?

He'll be after training tomorrow and its not like hes a 17 year old coming in with little experience.

Sorted, ;)

Literally just after seeing this, SNAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

There will be a signing on deadline day. I can feel it.

Panthro wrote: »
    Not at tall!
    Azpilicueta-Ivanovic-Cahill-Cole

It will take a miracle goal that even Drogba would have to acknowledge to get past that lot...
    Oh wait..

Hopefully it wont happen again, it took brillant strikes for Newcastle to beat us, granted we didnt offer much in that game and we didnt deserve anything from it but I hate losing at home. :(

Cant believe there is so many fans out there that think we wont sign any one else. Think about it, it has been widely reported that we earn approx 100m from winning the CL we spent about 70m on players already yet we off loaded Drogba Bosi and Kalou, not to mention the 6 or 7 players we have still do offload.

We bought Mata Hazard Oscar but we need a RM and we have been linked to Hulk for ever. I would be very suprized if we did not sign Hulk. Moses is only back up to Hulk and a future prospect at the moment. Last season Moses played 38 games scored 6 goals and had 6 assists. Some how i dont think he was bought to be a first team regular.

what a day wrote: »
    Cant believe there is so many fans out there that think we wont sign any one else. Think about it, it has been widely reported that we earn approx 100m from winning the CL we spent about 70m on players already yet we off loaded Drogba Bosi and Kalou, not to mention the 6 or 7 players we have still do offload.

We bought Mata Hazard Oscar but we need a RM and we have been linked to Hulk for ever. I would be very suprized if we did not sign Hulk. Moses is only back up to Hulk and a future prospect at the moment. Last season Moses played 38 games scored 6 goals and had 6 assists. Some how i dont think he was bought to be a first team regular.

I thought it was £50 Million no? :confused:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/13/chelsea-prize-money-champions-league
    Uefa has said Chelsea, the winners of the Champions League, received €59.9m (£47.3m) in prize money and were the biggest earners in last season's competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Sad to see Duff retire not too many Irish players have played for Chelsea remember the week he took to decide to join us was nerve wrecking. Dissapointed won't see him in Ireland jersey again.:(

Sad to see Duff retire not too many Irish players have played for Chelsea remember the week he took to decide to join us was nerve wrecking. Dissapointed won't see him in Ireland jersey again.:(

He had a few years where he was one of the best wingers in the EPL and played very well in the UCL also.

Luiz trained this morning, he'll be playing on Saturday, here he is with Cesar Azp below.

0,,10268~11154486,00.jpg

• Advertisement

Duff at Chelsea was brilliant. His best run as a pro with two premier league trophies in the back to back season. Probably won't go down as an all time great but damn it he was great to me

Looking at our free numbers we have 13, 22, 25, and so on and so far.

Looking at our free numbers we have 13, 22, 25, and so on and so far.

Calling it now, hulk to sign and get the 13 shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

My third trip to stamford bridge I watched chelsea beat fulham 2-1.

Gudjohnson scored a belter from outside the box and in off the post.

Mark Pembridge Scored an equaliser from a deflected free kick only for duffer to score the winner. he was electric at times for us (lazio game)

Great Servant for Ireland will be missed

V9 wrote: »
    Calling it now, hulk to sign and get the 13 shirt.

Moses to take the 25 shirt, que mass riots. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Moses to take the 25 shirt, que mass riots. :p
    No, just no.

Nobody gets 25.

No, just no.

Nobody gets 25.

Hulk will get 25 :D

For Champions league the winnings is around the 50m mark but we supposidly receive payments from sponsors as add ons Etc

Either way we had plenty to spend and i think we have a little left over for Hulk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GK CECH
    RB CESAR/IVANOVIC
    CB TERRY
    CB CAHILL/LUIZ
    LB COLE
    CM LAMPARD/OSCAR
    CM RAMIRES/ESSIEN
    LM HAZARD
    AM MATA
    RM MOSES/STURRIDGE
    CF TORRES

thats what our team has to look like now..

im against signing HULK if it means he will start up front but ya, he would fit in nicely as a RM

also I remember Jose saying that in his era he had 9 ''untouchables'' that had to start when fit.

with this side I only see 5:

Cech
    Terry
    Cole
    Hazard
    Mata

every other place is up for grabs?

• Advertisement

also I remember Jose saying that in his era he had 9 ''untouchables'' that had to start when fit.

Cech
    Terry
    Cole
    Hazard
    Mata

Luiz, hes better then both Cahill and Ivanovic and if hes fit hes a starter.

Cech
    Terry
    Cole
    Hazard
    Mata

Thats a good thing IMO, we dont want untouchables. We want two capable players to play in every position and offer each other compation for their spot in the team. At the moment i can only see Mata Hazard and Cech as must starters TBH.

Luiz, hes better then both Cahill and Ivanovic and if hes fit hes a starter.

but do you think that no matter how well Cahill is playing that on Luiz's return he will start?

also hope there is no truth in the rumors linking him with Barca and City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Chances of seeing Moses and Azpiculleta tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Has there been any official approach from Chelsea regarding Hulk?

You might know more about this Aquila but there are reports from Russian media that Zenit have offered big money for Hulk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If Victor Moses is signed like it seems he will be does that spell the end of Sturridge at Chelsea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

amiable wrote: »
    If Victor Moses is signed like it seems he will be does that spell the end of Sturridge at Chelsea?

Not a chance, we only have danny and torres as strikers. If we let him go we would need to sign at least one or maybe 2 new strikers and I don't see that happening. Moses will not be used as a striker.

amiable wrote: »
    Yeah, Moses is going to be second choice striker behind Torres :rolleyes:

Well according to
    http://lifesports.ru/news/100074

In other words Hulk is unleashed to Zenit!
    So seems they have tabled a 50 million bid,that is some statement of intent from Zenit,I wonder what will happen to Arshavin and his future?

thats just nonsense, he wants EPL and wants Chelsea

Mind you, we are now 4 players over the UEFA cap (I'm including Moses who has just passed hi medical), so expect some sales/loans to go through or there will be players in our Premier League squad left out of the UEFA squad list.

Kakuta is List B and doesn't take up a slot, so getting rid of him doesn't help the situation.

So, deffo Yossi and Malouda I reckon. Not sure of the other 2. RDM seemed to be indicating that Paulo would be staying. Maybe Raul?

And if we do sign Hulk\Cavani, then someone else has to leave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

What about Falcao ? Would have thought we could have done something there, they are in need of money and they have Courtois.

Strange one why there hasn't been any talk about us and Falcao.

Love to have him, but the one player we seemingly not linked with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Its official Victor Moses signs for Chelsea

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2899458

Yeah, Moses is going to be second choice striker behind Torres :rolleyes:

No he's not!. He will play as a winger, both sides, so no more Rambo on the right!

No he's not!. He will play as a winger, both sides, so no more Rambo on the right!

Does the Sarge need his sarcasm detector turned on by any chance?!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Does the Sarge need his sarcasm detector turned on by any chance?!:pac:

aha - just turn that back on again!

busy night!

But who do we need more Falcao,Cavani or HULK?and who would fit better?

Hulk is the better all rounder and the much better right option, but Falcao could be the striker we hope\hoped Torres would become.
    Tough call!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement