Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane Problem

• 26-04-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Howya, don't think i've ever been to motors, so apologies if this has been done before.

I drive a 03 Renault Megane Dynamic, 1.4 petrol. Occassionally, when i hit the start button the car starts but immediately cuts out. The only way to stop this is hit the start button, and drive straight away. With in 2 minutes the screen will tell me to check injection, and the service light will come on. The accelerator will become ultra sensitive so barely touching it will send the revs sky high. It means pulling over and restarting the car and once that's done its fine for rest of the journey.

It doesn't just happen when car is cold either, it could happen after driving it for a 100 miles and then stopping for petrol or a snack (rarely tho). Also, the warnings always come on when car struggles to start, but CAN also come on when car does start normally. It's been serviced regularly (since i got it anyway) and problem has persisted, but its hard to explain to mechanics because when it does happen, if you drive to the garage they make ya park up, and when they take a look at it, the problems gone and doesn't happen every time so they mite not see it at all

Has anyone had this problem and how do you solve it? Tried google-ing it but answers varried with costing ranging from £8 to upwards of 3k.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrL1FqWrJZKQHg0m1SQpx-PieQbUwrSwEIR7VlgUyFSUsJRsMh

+

jerry-petrol-can1.jpg

=

happy-face-istock.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Howya, don't think i've ever been to motors, so apologies if this has been done before.

I drive a 03 Renault Megane Dynamic, 1.4 petrol. Occassionally, when i hit the start button the car starts but immediately cuts out. The only way to stop this is hit the start button, and drive straight away. With in 2 minutes the screen will tell me to check injection, and the service light will come on. The accelerator will become ultra sensitive so barely touching it will send the revs sky high. It means pulling over and restarting the car and once that's done its fine for rest of the journey.

It doesn't just happen when car is cold either, it could happen after driving it for a 100 miles and then stopping for petrol or a snack (rarely tho). Also, the warnings always come on when car struggles to start, but CAN also come on when car does start normally. It's been serviced regularly (since i got it anyway) and problem has persisted, but its hard to explain to mechanics because when it does happen, if you drive to the garage they make ya park up, and when they take a look at it, the problems gone and doesn't happen every time so they mite not see it at all

Has anyone had this problem and how do you solve it? Tried google-ing it but answers varried with costing ranging from £8 to upwards of 3k.

As a former Megane driver for my sins may I try one suggestion.
    I found the car almost impossible to start if I had previously started from cold, gone a very short distance (as in yards to move the car) and then switched it off again.
    I think the ecu got confused or something.

Advertisement