Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate Situation! SWA and CWO issue

Options
  • 26-04-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Right, this gets slightly complicated. On Tuesday, 17th April, armed with all my documents, I applied for rent allowance and a SWA to go toward my deposit as the LL wants a month up front and a months deposit.

The CWO was ok, indifferent really. Took it and kinda shoved me out the door before I finished asking questions. (I'm a newbie at this! I'm on OFP and my daughter is 4, I live at home with my parents and can't any more, its UNBEARABLE).

Anyway, I realised I forgot to ask how long it should take to process the application for the deposit, as I needed it ASAP as I had a moving date of the 1st May agreed with the LL. I called the CWO on the 18th and got a call saying it would take a week, so I should have a decision on 24th April.

I didn't get a letter on the 24th, so I called at 9.30am in the opening hours and left a message as instructed. No called on the 25th and no letter. I was getting very nervous so decided to go in today as its the last day she would be in the office before the 1st May (moving day!).

Basically I got in and she told me straight out, she hadn't even looked at my application after SEVEN WORKING DAYS. I was ready to cry. I explained the LL won't give me keys and I don't have the money to give him (I already gave him 600 to hold the apartment and I now owe 800). She asked me did I not have the money?

WHAT A RIDICULOUS QUESTION! Why would I be applying if I had the bleeding money???? I told her I have 200 and nothing else. That I'm desperate. She said she MIGHT get to it today, 26th or tomorrow.

Which means I might get the letter tomorrow or Monday and that I won't have the deposit in the Post Office for a few days after. I am literally on the verge of tears. I am so angry.

I asked her what I am meant to do? I need to start moving in during the weekend, but again, no money no keys. She said she'd call the landlord and tell him the money is on the way.

Now my dad is a little friendly with the LL, so he explained it, cause I was so upset when my dad talked to me, he felt bad. The LL laughed at the CWO. He said he understands but can't hand over the keys without cash (now I wasn't asking him to, nor my dad, he was just explaining the situation).

My question is, can anyone help me? Explain what to do? I handed in the forms in good time I felt and am being SERIOUSLY let down. I was relying on that. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!
    Tagged:

Advertisement