Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another new pc for parent thread

Options
  • 26-04-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    i'd appreciate some input on this. My parent have all the accessories, they just need a new desktop base. Like most people who ask for this, i've lost track of what is current in CPU tech and the like.

1. What is your budget? [€450]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Internet and basic office]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]
    3a. Do you need a copy of MS Office? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1600x1200] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Nope]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Any method is fine]

9. When are you purchasing? [ASAP]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Dublin based, but i've build plenty of PC's before.]

From a quick review of dell i can get a G620 @ 2.6ghz with 4gb ram and a 1tb drive running win7 for about 400. With an extra €150 it'll add in a i5 @ 3ghz.

Thanks
    David//MiCr0

Comments

Advertisement