Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more buses from Dublin to Enniskerry?

• 26-04-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

According to discussion on the Dublin Bus network review thread, the 44 bus will soon cease to go further south than Stepaside. This will leave Enniskerry with only a service to Bray, and no way of accessing the Luas.

If this is true, it sounds disastrous.

Does anyone else know what is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭dazmetron

I've just read that there myself. It would be bad news for Enniskerry if it happens. The information is very well hidden on the Dublin Bus website (under a "Swords / Santry / Rathfarnham / Firhouse / Ballycullen / Terenure" heading so people may not see it until too late.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That's pretty impressive hiding of the change and deliberately avoiding mentioning the actual impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

That's strange. I was in Enniskerry village this evening and was stopped by some tourists asking where the 44 bus stop was. They were confused because the number on the timetable sticker said 45. I didn't really look at it in detail as I assumed it was some mistake. I'll take a proper look at it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Also, regarding the OP, it does say on the site dazmetron linked to that the 44 will go as far as Kilternan, as opposed to Stepaside. Still not much good for Enniskerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I just reread the link - it has been changed to include enniskerry

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Yes, people on the DB network thread also agree it was an info error, and that the 44 will still serve Enniskerry. Relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

That's good, as the 44 bus is a great service for those living in South Dublin who wish to visit/ walk in the hills etc. and leave the car at home. Many's the time, when I lived in Dublin, that I got that bus either to or from Enniskerry and then walked to some other terminus - 47 or 65 etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement