Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardaí myth concerning their Hats

• 26-04-2012 4:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Is it true that if you have to take an urgent dump and there is a garda beside you that you can ask them for their hat which they have to supply so you can take a dump in it ??

Has anyone else ever heard of this "myth"

is it true or just a load of bollox ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Bollox..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Heard it. I call bo11ock5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

It's not a myth, I did it once.

However, it is worth noting that waiting for them to remove the hat is not, I repeat: not, a technicality.

And they will prosecute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Mickey H wrote: »
    Heard it. I call bo11ock5.

Yeah - I've heard of this before as well, could be just bollox though.
    Maybe I'll ask a garda nex time I'm bursting to go in town.

Anyone here in AH got proof or know anyone that has etc etc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

There is a Uk law I believe where if a pregnant lady needs to pee she can ask a policeman for his hat (this applies to the old school hard bobby style hats I think )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

It's bull.
    But as far as I know, it is illegal to take a piss in public, but it is not illegal to take a dump. Something to do with the adverse health conditions that can occur from preventing someone pooing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Its all true. go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

SH*THEAD :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Sounds legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The way I heard it, if you were caught taking a piss your best option was to drag the caks and go for a ****.

Holding back on taking a **** is considered a health issue.

I figured it was a rumor started just to see if someone would actually do it and to observe the hilarious fallout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Why would anyone want to take a dump in a Garda's cap?:confused::confused::confused:

Far too many of them are complete shitheads as it is.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

The myth was and is that if a lady is caught short and has to use the bathroom a member of an garda shiocana or The Filth for the terms of this post must shelter the lady while she relieves herself in public.

When we were kids we saw an old woman ask the local plod for such a favour. He refused. Anout ten mins later we were in the shop getting our fix of sugar and lo and behold there she was.......................standing in a pool of piss and what looked like a neverending brown slug running down her leg and onto the floor. Fooking horrific stuff altogether.

Apparently back in the day of black and white telly, turf fires and low crime rates the plod would oblige such a favour. Cant be done these days or they may as well set up camp outside coppers!!

frAg

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Yeah - I've heard of this before as well, could be just bollox though.
    Maybe I'll ask a garda nex time I'm bursting to go in town.

Anyone here in AH got proof or know anyone that has etc etc.....

I suppose you could just do it. Lots of that carry on going on here.
    It's bull.
    But as far as I know, it is illegal to take a piss in public, but it is not illegal to take a dump. Something to do with the adverse health conditions that can occur from preventing someone pooing.

Heard this too years ago. Any truth in it anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

is it .... a load of bollox ?

No it's a load of sh!t.

Hardy har.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Surprisingly, it's true. It's also true that you can ask the Gardai, if required, for a lift home on the basis that you're afraid for your personal safety and have no money.
    Thus you can have both a personal toilet and be taxied home for free.

You should definitely try this next time you're out at night, looking to get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

There is a Uk law I believe where if a pregnant lady needs to pee she can ask a policeman for his hat (this applies to the old school hard bobby style hats I think )
    I think the actual law is that a pregnant woman can legally take a piss wherever she wants. So I suppose PC Plod's helmet is fair game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

frag420 wrote: »
    When we were kids we saw an old woman ask the local plod for such a favour. He refused. Anout ten mins later we were in the shop getting our fix of sugar and lo and behold there she was.......................standing in a pool of piss and what looked like a neverending brown slug running down her leg and onto the floor. Fooking horrific stuff altogether.

Aye, mothers can be so embarrassing some times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

They'll hand over the hat no problem. Deffo not a myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Also if a Badger is biting your kneecap and there's a Garda beside you (as there always would be in that situation) they are obliged to beat the Badger to death with their baton, wrap him in brown grease paper and present him to you in their hat with a farthing and a bottle of Syrup of Figs as compensation for letting him get to your knee in the first place.

I call shenangins on this though as Syrup of Figs in not on sale any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

You can also blow your nose into their wallets and puke down thier pants. The pigs are a one-stop human waste shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

frag420 wrote: »
    standing in a pool of piss and what looked like a neverending brown slug running down her leg and onto the floor. Fooking horrific stuff altogether.

Very poetic. I can picture it in my head now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Seachmall wrote: »
    Aye, mothers can be so embarrassing some times.

I feel for you bro. Maybe get her some help.

Mickey H wrote: »
    I suppose you could just do it. Lots of that carry on going on here.

Heard this too years ago. Any truth in it anyone?

Ye - pissing in public thread reminded me of this myth concerning Garda Hats so I thought I'd take it to AH for answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Why did you even need to ask that question? Fúck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If you pick up a good looking ban Garda in coppers, she ride ya with her on top while wearing her hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Yeah its true, then the guard has to put it back on his head.

Ye - pissing in public thread reminded me of this myth concerning Garda Hats so I thought I'd take it to AH for answers.

Did you get any? ;)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Back some years ago when the pubs had to close for part of the Sunday, there was a crowd staying put to watch the All Ireland final. Next thing a Garda walked in and the whole place froze, with the bar staff still serving.

The bar manager asked the Garda to remove his hat so the people could see the telly and offered to put it in the back room for him for safekeeping, which the Garda was happy to oblige. The conventional wisdom of the day being that the Garda couldnt arrest anyone without himself being in full uniform. And with his hat gone, he couldnt arrest anyone for drinking or serving drink outside of licensing hours.

Not sure how "legal" any of that was though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Its not as common as the myth that a garda can't arrest you if he's not wearing his hat. Absolute nonsense. Why would such a law exist? All you have to do is knock off his hat and then voila you're free! Bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Plazaman wrote: »
    Also if a Badger is biting your kneecap and there's a Garda beside you (as there always would be in that situation) they are obliged to beat the Badger to death with their baton, wrap him in brown grease paper and present him to you in their hat with a farthing and a bottle of Syrup of Figs as compensation for letting him get to your knee in the first place.

I call shenangins on this though as Syrup of Figs in not on sale any more.

You Sir deserve a medal for that post !!! I'm covered in Tea here..:D

Kurz wrote: »
    You can also blow your nose into their wallets and puke down thier pants. The pigs are a one-stop human waste shop.

Oh how I lol'd

however it seems to be maybe legit, I'm happy others have just heard of it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There's more chance of the Guard unscrewing your head to sh1t down your neck, than him letting you get to grips with his hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Shitting into a Gardai hat.

Whatever's next?.
    Puking into a Firemans trousers. **** off into an Ambulance diesel tank. Fisting a Order of Malta volunteer.

Where will it end?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Plazaman wrote: »

I call shenangins on this though as Syrup of Figs in not on sale any more.[/QUOTE]

Au contraire Rodney, Au contraire !
    10006841?wid=200&hei=200&op_sharpen=1images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhePMIFbcy-lUuSsyRdutSK_EAiwmRH9Mjhjq4Oilgy60SVPFbxg

Get yourself down to Boots and, eh, fill yer boots. ;)

The rest of you post is entirely true of course !

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

O.P.; It's like a lot of ideas in your mind .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

so then illegal dumping would no longer be a offence in a court of law?

Advertisement