Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream Team for GW 36 with thoughts on GW37 & GW38

• 26-04-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if you had a wildcard this week who would you put in your team for the double GW within the normal budget constraints and without completely messing up GW37 & 38

I am in that position and I have the following team

Cech
    Hibbert, Kompany, Walker, Cole
    Bale, Mata, Ben Arfa,
    Cisse (C), Jelavic, Aguerro

Subs - Krul, Sigurdson, Evans & Dempsey

Want to make sure I am set for GW37 & 38 as I'm only 25 points clear in one of the leagues I care about

Is VDV a better option than Bale?
    Should I be looking at other options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Much depends on your team value, but if it was me I'd go with this (I'm sure they'd let me off the £0.1m :p)

capture_08.jpg

Alot of people are backing Newcastle, but honestly I don't fancy them that much. Just look at their fixtures:

Wigan away
    Chelsea away
    Man City home
    Everton away

Honestly I can't see much goals in those for them, maybe Wigan, but then again Wigan kept out United in their last home game. I think there's better value from other teams

Actually you could put in J Evans instead of Lescott/Clichy, thus allowing you to do a RVP->Aguero/Tevez switch for City's last game at home to QPR. Bound to be goals in that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The thing with the above team manual is that there is no gaurantee that Nasri or Maxi will get a game. Nani may also be rotated with young and Valencia.
    I'd put mata in there for one of them, and also maybe one of cabaye or ben arfa. With Chelsea being in the CL final, it give Newcastle a very realistic hope of getting CL football next year, so I am sure they will give it socks over the next 4 games.

The thing with the above team manual is that there is no gaurantee that Nasri or Maxi will get a game. Nani may also be rotated with young and Valencia.
    I'd put mata in there for one of them, and also maybe one of cabaye or ben arfa. With Chelsea being in the CL final, it give Newcastle a very realistic hope of getting CL football next year, so I am sure they will give it socks over the next 4 games.

yes but you forget Chelsea are fighting for that top 4 finish as well. Nasri is in top form and will start every game imo. Nani for me is first choice as well he showed just how good he can be against Everton. Maxi (I think) will benefit from players being rested for the FA cup final. Even if he only starts one he has a good chance for points (v Norwich - terrible defense; and v Fulham - terrible on the road), but I have a funny feeling he'll start both.

*Just checked there Nasri has started the last 4, and 8 out of the last 9, so i don't think that's a worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'm in the middle of using my wildcard at the minute and so far I've gone for:
    Cech

Walker - Hibbert - Huth

Pienaar - Van der Vaart - Dempsey - Siggy

Cisse (vc) - Jelavic (c) - RVP

Subs: Schwarzer, Verm, Valencia, Jevans
    9 doubles with RVP away to Stoke and Siggy home to Wolves.

GK: Cech will play this week and GW38, Schwarzer will play GW37.

DEF: 3 Doubles this week. For GW37, I'll be able to field 3 defenders with fixtures NOR, SWA, wol and GW38 they'll have FUL, BOL, sun. Happy enough with that.

MID: VdV and Pienaar have good fixtures til the end. Dempsey has SUN in GW37, he'll be staying til the end too. Val will be staying until til the end unless United have mathematically won the title before then. Siggy is staying for WOL this week. He has United and Lpool in the last two so might ditch him next week. If not, he's always a good option from the bench.

FOR: Jelavic has nice fixtures til the end. Cisse is staying until he stops scoring. If he doesn't hit a blank game between now and the end, he's staying. RVP must stay for GW37. Tevez or Aguero will be coming in for GW38 along with Nasri probably. This is assuming City are still in the title race by then.

Cash isn't really an issue at this stage, pretty much anyone can be upgraded to anyone easily enough.

Any glaring problems with this squad or advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

As much as I absolutely hate him, I'm debating swapping BAE for John c*nt Terry... at a 4 point hit. Harry might be playing mind games but if he's out for the season I need to make a move now. Will be forced into fielding Johnny Evans other wise and thats surely a 1 or 2 pointer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11945/7701849/Harry-targets-four-wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

In the middle of playing my wildcard as well, so far this is what I have

Mignolet

Shotton, Hibbert, Simpson, Walker

Bale, Dempsey, Pienaar

Rooney, Cisse(c), RVP

Al-Habsi, Figueroa, Valencia, Johnson

Happy enough with it so far, may still change mignolet but not sure yet, would be happy to play Al-Habsi for final two games.

Future plans will be

Simpson :- Will probably look to move him on next week
    Cisse:- likewise has tough fixtures, as another poster said, first sign of goals drying up and he will be out
    Dempsey :- Tough one away to Spurs on last game of season, may take a look at a city midfielder if the title race is still alive at that point.

Other than this I am pretty happy, anyone any thoughts on it? Had thought about Terry but happy enough with defense and the money is better spent in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Cech

Walker - Hibbert - Huth

DEF: 3 Doubles this week. For GW37, I'll be able to field 3 defenders with fixtures NOR, SWA, wol and GW38 they'll have FUL, BOL, sun. Happy enough with that.

MID: VdV and Pienaar have good fixtures til the end. Dempsey has SUN in GW37, he'll be staying til the end too. Val will be staying until til the end unless United have mathematically won the title before then. Siggy is staying for WOL this week. He has United and Lpool in the last two so might ditch him next week. If not, he's always a good option from the bench.

FOR: Jelavic has nice fixtures til the end. Cisse is staying until he stops scoring. If he doesn't hit a blank game between now and the end, he's staying. RVP must stay for GW37. Tevez or Aguero will be coming in for GW38 along with Nasri probably. This is assuming City are still in the title race by then.

Cash isn't really an issue at this stage, pretty much anyone can be upgraded to anyone easily enough.

Looks pretty well set to me, my one issue would be not having Rooney or Aguero. Expect the title race to still be alive after this weekend so having one of them is nearly a must for me for the last 2 gameweeks.

roryc wrote: »
    As much as I absolutely hate him, I'm debating swapping BAE for John c*nt Terry... at a 4 point hit. Harry might be playing mind games but if he's out for the season I need to make a move now. Will be forced into fielding Johnny Evans other wise and thats surely a 1 or 2 pointer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11945/7701849/Harry-targets-four-wins

That might be the knee up the ass your team needs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Looks pretty well set to me, my one issue would be not having Rooney or Aguero. Expect the title race to still be alive after this weekend so having one of them is nearly a must for me for the last 2 gameweeks.[/Quote]

Cheers. Yeah, I'm thinking Rooney for either Cisse or Jel in GW37 and Aguero for GW38. Hopefully I'll have my mini leagues tied up after this week. Really I'm trying to score higher than 107 this week for an extra €50 for highest single scoring gameweek of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Took an 8 point hit with these transfers

Walcott -> Dempsey
    McClean -> Pienaar
    Aguero -> Jelavic

Kinda regret doing Aguero and not RVP, but Stoke have been poor of late.

Gonna bring in Aguero gw 37/38 and have to dump Richards for Kompany or someone (still tempted to do another 4 point hit to Jagielka!)

My league is really tight, maybe i shouldnt be taking so many hits, i just love the risk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Bought Terry. Feel dirty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I haven't done this during the 2nd half of the season to "protect" my team and lead, but balls out this week... this is what I'm hoping wins me the Boards league this season.

QMrtH.png

Walcott, BAE, and Pogrebnyak injuries have really F'd me up in terms of replacing dead wood like Sorenson & Senderos, but I've managed 6 doubles, 3 against Wolves, and the best 2 strikers in the league. That's as good as I was capable of. It came at a cost of my second 4 point hit of the season (thanks to BAE's injury).

Everton players are a must, IMO, based on both form and next week's fixture against Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Really I'm trying to score higher than 107 this week for an extra €50 for highest single scoring gameweek of the season!

In the same boat than you. I'm trying to build the strongest 11 for this DGW to get the weekly prize of my money league (though it's not as attractive as 50€ :p).
    Cech

Walker - Hibbert - Huth

More comments than advices but here are my 2 cents.
    I have Cech and Kenny (QPR) for the same reasons and the same tactic than you.
    3 Doubles too. ATM I doubled up on Chelsea with Terry (He won't play CL final because of his stupidity, so hopefully he'll be fully up for securing Chelsea CL spot in the PL). I have Hibbert too for the DGW perspective and Everton's nice run of fixtures and form. Than I kept Simpson up to now. I'm uncertain about him. Newcastle has tough fixtures coming and 3 out of 4 games away. But they have sooo often thwarted everyone's expectations... Evans & Kompany are my other 2 defs. I'm contemplating Kompany -> Verm for GW 37 particularly. My main pb is: do I go for a Spurs or Stoke def instead of Simpson?
    I agree with you about VDV & Pienaar. About Dempsey & Valencia too. I was originally going to ditch Valencia for a Chelsea midfileder but none of them is secure to play both games as recent history shows. So I might just keep him. I could actually be more enclined to go the Nani route than any Chelsea one. My 5th guy is Ben Arfa for the DGW.
    I have the same forward line. I made the wrong call last week ditching Rooney for Aguero so might just keep my confidence to VP for GW 37. About this week I'm debating playing him or getting a 4th defender playing twice (Stoke or Spurs depending also on my decisions about Simpson). If only a Chelsea striker was guaranteed 2 games I'd go for him directly but... who knows who's gonna play with their hectic calendar? I have the same plans for GW38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carlcon wrote: »
    I haven't done this during the 2nd half of the season to "protect" my team and lead, but balls out this week... this is what I'm hoping wins me the Boards league this season.

QMrtH.png

Walcott, BAE, and Pogrebnyak injuries have really F'd me up in terms of replacing dead wood like Sorenson & Senderos, but I've managed 6 doubles, 3 against Wolves, and the best 2 strikers in the league. That's as good as I was capable of. It came at a cost of my second 4 point hit of the season (thanks to BAE's injury).

Everton players are a must, IMO, based on both form and next week's fixture against Wolves.

Text version available for those of us without images?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

Lemlin wrote: »
    Here you go. Not sure how to format it, so hope it's legible.

Carlcon's Team in text format:
    Vorm(Wol H)
    Simpson(Wig A, Che A), Walker(Bla H, Bol A), Taylor (Wol H)
    Bale[V](Bla H, Bol A), Pienaar(Ful H, Sto A), Sigurdsson(Wol H), Dempsey(Eve A, Liv A)
    Jelavic[C](Ful H, Sto A), Rooney(Mci A), Van Persie(Sto A)

Sorensen(Ars H, Eve H), Young(Mci A), Senderos(Eve A, Liv A), Evans J(Mci A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Lemlin wrote: »

Vorm

Simpson
    Walker
    Taylor (Swansea)

Bale
    Pienaar
    Sigurdsson
    Dempsey

Jelavic
    Rooney
    RVP

Subs: Sorenssen, Young, Senderos, Evans.

Captain is on Jelavic, and VC on Bale, but that's subject to change.

*Edit*

Ninja'd by del fuego, but he made a better effort, so look there. :D

Advertisement