Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about importation of relic ammunition

Options
  • 26-04-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, I was considering buying this as a gift for someone, it's a .50BMG case and bullet recovered from a B17 that crashed in WW2, and I was wondering would I need to fill in any forms as it could be considered importing ammunition.
    Obviously it's in a completely unusable state, but considering in another thread it's been said that importing air rifle pellets constitutes importing of ammunition I thought I would ask here, as I would have guessed those wouldn't be considered ammunition in the eyes of the law, so I don't really know what the law really states about any of this.
    If you could help that would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

not sure but i think that would be clased as inert and in useless state that cannot be rendered usefull...nice bit of history,,show this to your fo and see what he/she thinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Alabastor_Twob

Okay, thanks. I'll check with them next time I get the chance.

Advertisement