Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual tarriff

Options
  • 26-04-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can you tell me how much it costs to have a dual tarriff meter installed please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Mished,

There is no charge to change from a standard meter to a dual tariff (reduced night rate) one.

It is only worth the customer's while making such a change if they use three to four units during the night period - this is the amount it takes to ensure savings. With the dual tariff meter, the day rate and standing charge increase but the night rate is halved.

If a customer changes to a night meter and then wishes to change back to a standard one, there is a charge to do so.

Regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

Thanks for the quick response Una. I will have a look at my usage and see if it would be worth my while.

Thanks again,
    Mished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

No problem at all Mished.

I will be able to provide you with some further links in due course also.

All the best :)
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi mished,

Just to follow on from what Una has said above.
    NightSaver offers a reduced night time price offering a 49.5% reduction on the day price. This price plan is only beneficial to customers who use at least 22% of total electricity usage within the NightSaver night time hours where you have an average annual electricity usage of 5,300kWhs.
    • NightSaver DAY hours: 08:00am - 23:00pm (GMT). NightSaver NIGHT hours: 23:00pm - 08:00am (wintertime);
    • NightSaver DAY hours: 09:00am - midnight. NightSaver NIGHT hours: Midnight - 09:00am (summertime)

Link (click on "More Details" to get this info).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

Thank you Una & David for the info.

I will have a look at my night time and overall usage as soon as I can. My bills seem to be pretty high the last while. Unfortunately a family of blue tits have decided to lay their eggs in my meter box :eek: so I cant check the meter until they leave..

Thanks again
    Mished

• Advertisement
Advertisement