Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

technology?

• 26-04-2012 5:42pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭

what is technology like for leaving cert? i just got my choice forms today and due to poor choices its either technology or ag science(there are languages also but im not going to do one) and i will probably do it, whats it like? i will be doing chemistry, dcg, physics and app maths also and doing 7 higher subjects. from what i know technology is similar to the practical subjects such as engineering, construction and dcg.

anyone who knows anything about it i would be thankful to get any info you have. also do you think that technology is a good subject matched with my other subjects. btw i will be doing a maths/science/computer related course in college and will be aiming for 500+ points so will technology help me in that regard.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Go for technology.

LC Technology is more about product design than Engineering. You draw concepts and then make models of them. Last year's project was something about water conservation where you could have made a model of a water purification plant e.t.c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Yes Technology will go well with your other subjects! But did you not do it for JC? You'll have a good bit to catch up on, but it's 50% Exam, 50% Practical so it's doable.
    I did it for Leaving Cert last year and it was by far the easiest exam-wise, though the project is quite stressful. With those subjects I assume you're aiming to do something like Engineering in college? If so, Technology does come in useful!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

Yes Technology will go well with your other subjects! But did you not do it for JC? You'll have a good bit to catch up on, but it's 50% Exam, 50% Practical so it's doable.
    I did it for Leaving Cert last year and it was by far the easiest exam-wise, though the project is quite stressful. With those subjects I assume you're aiming to do something like Engineering in college? If so, Technology does come in useful!

no im planning on doing maths/physics/science/computer science in college.
    also whats the project/exam like, does the subject require a lot of effort, and would it be easier for points than something like geography which i could also do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Why aren't you going to do a language?
    You need one for entry into some Uni courses.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=26

check out that link it shows what courses require a third language, its actually a small number and a lot less than people think

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 stevefridel

smurphy11 wrote: »
    http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=26

check out that link it shows what courses require a third language, its actually a small number and a lot less than people think

Hi, Thanks for sharing this link I want to open this link but it can not work properly so can you please check this link and after send this link. When I open this link that time page can not be display properly so tell what should I have to do?

Advertisement