Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC SF; Ulster v Edinburgh, Aviva Stadium; Saturday 28th April; K/o 17:45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

duckysauce wrote: »
    yep but no Irish points

That's completely irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Cave is some defender

I'd still have Earls and BOD ahead of him though

Cave has everything but pace on Earls IMO but BOD and Darce will be starting knowing Deccie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Tox56 wrote: »
    Cave has everything but pace on Earls IMO but BOD and Darce will be starting knowing Deccie.

Earls hands and defense have improved immeasurably in the last too be fair

Not much between them though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Tox56 wrote: »

Earls hands and defense have improved immeasurably in the last too be fair

Not much between them though

Definitely, but they improved from horrendous. Conrad Smith is indentical in build to Cave and sets the blueprint for that type of player.

Above all, I prefer Earls on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

I think Jackson did everything he needed to do. I think he is there primarily for his defence which is certainly better than iHumph's...

Gilroy was unlucky to not get more ball, he looked to do something anytime he had it. Cave did not offer much going forward but his defence was superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Fair play to the Ulster lads, some good rugby displayed there.

Gotta say, the Ulster fans are the noisiest and liveliest set of fans I've encountered, great craic at the match today. Can't wait for tomorrow, c'mon Leinster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Fairplay to Ulster. They have a great team this year. Brilliant to see them back in the final.

Hopefully Leinster can get past Clermont tomorrow and have an all Ireland final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah, would agree, Ulster fans are by far the best provincial fans in Ireland. Even if they don't create inane rhetoric about it. Mentioned similar at the last match in Ravenhill about how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Highlights on now on TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Good win for the Ulstermen,

Think the yellow was very harsh, but was evened out by Ferris not getting one later in the half. If Edinburgh learn to hold onto a ball then they have the chance of showing some serious improvement on their Rabo position of this year.

Ulster got a bit lucky, but also did very well to soak up a lot of pressure when needed. However I think they will need to bring a lot more to the table to have a chance against either Leinster or Clermont

Its great to see them back in the final,lets hope the lads join them there tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Great win for Ulster, I think Edinburgh may feel that they left it behind them, too many errors when they were in the red zone. I was really shouting for Ulster but at times I felt for Edinburgh, they played some decent rugby and Ulster's defence wasn't as tight as against us in Thomond Park.

They're hwere they want to be now and fair play to them, I doubt many had them in a final at the start of the season.

With Leinster probably going to make it tomorrow then it going to be an all Irish final, what an occasion, the noise will be the best yet.

Anyway, congratulations to all in Ulster, truely deserved over the course of the campaign so far.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Yeah, would agree, Ulster fans are by far the best provincial fans in Ireland. Even if they don't create inane rhetoric about it. Mentioned similar at the last match in Ravenhill about how good they are.

subtle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

arse. well, it was the right guess after 80 minutes, just not the final score... :pac:

1371.jpg
    freyners wrote: »
    going myself to this one, no white jersey so i guess the connacht one will have to do. would be lovely if we were confirmed HC rugby this weekend

Come on ulster, im going to guess ulster 23-embra 19

soclose.jpg?1314381160

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So, may I just say:

UUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

awec wrote: »
    So, may I just say:

UUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

personal reasons aside, deee-****ing-lighted for ye, congrats on a great win and best of luck in the final

personal reasons back

COME ON LEINSTER v CLERMONT

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

can't believe they have made a HEC final after some of the games ive watched in a monsoon in ravenhill on a friday over the last ten years. absolutley delighted. voice is shot.

edinburgh's offloading today was excellent. they can feel hard done by, but i dont really care.

with my ulster specs on i thought they were holding on in the ruck all day long and threw at least 3 forward passes that weren't called. nevermind eh!

what a tackle by cave towards the end.

SUFTUM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I started the game supporting Ulster as a neutralish person, I have to say I heard an awful lot of booing from Ulster fans, most noticeably and strangely when the Edinburgh team was announced before kick off. I was right at the top of the west stand, and my mate, right at the top of the east stand texted me saying it was disgraceful. It wasn't localised booing, it was stadium wide.

I was disappointed to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

errlloyd wrote: »
    I started the game supporting Ulster as a neutralish person, I have to say I heard an awful lot of booing from Ulster fans, most noticeably and strangely when the Edinburgh team was announced before kick off. I was right at the top of the west stand, and my mate, right at the top of the east stand texted me saying it was disgraceful. It wasn't localised booing, it was stadium wide.

Good. Put the opposition off and hopefully stir up a good atmosphere.

Nothing wrong with that. Good win Ulster!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

KeithAFC wrote: »

Makes us look like complete assholes to visiting fans, its the kind of thing that riles up teams in a way that will make them try harder against us in future. I don't want to be the England of club rugby, the team every team gives 110% against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Well done montyrebel - correct result and 3 point win predicted.

It looks like I got the front of the Times sport section scot, republic and NI editions (feckin wrong neme on the NI edition!! :mad:) so you can have that try pic or something else if you want.

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »

Bull****

Next you'll want people chanting about individual players

Same kind of ****e that puts me off watching a soccer game, rotten atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Bull****

If Ulster wins the trophy, who cares. The Ulster fans are by far the best and actually create an atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Oh the mirth, smashing contest of rugger chaps, a day for polo and brandy it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Bull****

LOL. Lighten up. I'm sure it makes sweet f**k all difference to any player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

chupacabra wrote: »
    Just back to my hotel now after drinkinngi with Thomond2006 after tue game, the lad is at the precipice of war between musnster and leinster, thankfully there were few leinster fan sthere; good day tho, well done ulster/

on a side note, that late try by edinburgh cancelledout thomonds bet of -8 for ulster sl fair play to however scored it. glukck

You're quite drunk, aren't you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

hse snds veru siber ti me :p hic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I've worked at every game in the Aviva rugby and football (bar Leinster against Cardiff, went to see Edinburgh vs Toulouse instead :D) and I can honestly say that is the best atmosphere there has been since the stadium reopened. I thought Leinster vs Toulouse was good last year, but it had nothing on today.

Congrats Ulster, you were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

errlloyd wrote: »

It was more tongue in cheek than anything...the sort of pantomine booing you'd hear...nothing malicious or spiteful in it to be honest.

An old man at least 70 beside me was doing it but laughing with an Edinburgh supporter in front of him about it...handshakes and high fives at the end and definitely no hard feelings or emotions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Furthermore, well done Ulster, was a good win and very entertaining win, BUT, dare I say it, on that evidence, Leinster and Clermont will be treating tomorrow as a final more than ever...

The likely winner of the Heineken Cup will come from tomorrows match but writing Ulster off is a bit mad. That's the beauty of a one-off winner takes all game. Ulster will give anyone a tough game in the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Teferi wrote: »
    The likely winner of the Heineken Cup will come from tomorrows match but writing Ulster off is a bit mad. That's the beauty of a one-off winner takes all game. Ulster will give anyone a tough game in the final.

Agreed. Ulster struggled with the favourites tag today. They will be underdogs in the final. They will revel in that..

Advertisement