Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC SF; Ulster v Edinburgh, Aviva Stadium; Saturday 28th April; K/o 17:45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

bilston wrote: »
    Aye it's ironic that most if not all the Paddy's in Irish rugby are actually from Ulster!

I'm trying to think of Paddy's at Leinster, Munster and Connacht. Paddy Butler at Munster is the only one of the top of my head. I'm probably missing someone really obvious though.

And ironically Farrelly says there aren't enough Paddies in the Ulster team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

overshoot wrote: »
    your maths is a bit off there 25-17...10pts? come on ya need to pick one!

Sorry typo there - Ulster win, 27-17, 10 point winning margin.

Anyway since I'm putting up a the photo for the prize it doesn't really matter ;)

Any more takers for the prediction? Prize for correct winner and closest winning margin gets a 10x8" print from the game.
    Last prediction has to be in by 5.20pm today and I'll check the closest tomorrow.

Anyone who said something like Ulster by 15-18 please give an exact prediction to be included.

Come on Ulster!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Ulster by 5.
    Ulster 15 -10 Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

Ulster by 21

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ulster 29 - 16 Edinburgh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Ulster by 15. Cave with the only try of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Ulster26 Edinburgh 21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

OldRio wrote: »
    Ulster by 21

Yeah, I think this is the sort of ballpark we're in. Ulster will hammer Embra.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Had an awful dream last night that Edinburgh went 46-22 up and ulster came back to draw at 36 each:confused:....that's me finished eating cheese:D

Anyway Ulster 17 Edinburgh 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Ulster 32 Edinburgh 9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Ulster 23 - 15 Edinburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

On my train from Tralee to Dublin for this. Surprising amount of people heading up for the game from here. Couple of fancy dans in suits musing about how they should have flown instead. Suppose they're not used to sitting next to a man mountain, hairy beast of a muck savage like myself. No prawn sandwiches here, just fist fulls of spuds and cabbage.

I wasnt aware until today that Jackson was selected over Humphries, wonder will be able to step up to the plate like Jonny did in 09. Id give it to Ulster but not by much to be honest. From what ive heard people have been writing off Edinburgh since the final whistle of their quarter final. Should be an interesting game. Ulster by 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

How are ticket sales?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

durkadurka wrote: »
    How are ticket sales?

Over 40k sold as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MarZ8ar

Just saw that Jackson is playing now. Can't wait to see how he fares on the big occasion. There could be a feast of out-halves eligible for Ireland in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Have my tickets.

Now that I am up, I am going to have a bit of a fry up, then head into town for a pint before the game.

If anyone gives me the abuse that I got at Ravenhill last week, there will be trouble.
    At least this time they will not be able to tell me to cross the line and go home - I am at home this weekend. :)

I do not know where this horrible attitude from some rugby supporters has come from, but I don't think that a rugby game is any place for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

How are ticket sales?

Close enough to a full house expected, I believe. Last I heard during the week there were well over 40k sold and they were still selling

How are ticket sales?

Seems to be plenty of tickets still for sale. Definitely wont be a full house but should be around 3 quarters full hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I believe there's about 5k left to sell.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Preparing myself now to head in to town. Looking forward! :D

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »
    Have my tickets.

Now that I am up, I am going to have a bit of a fry up, then head into town for a pint before the game.

If anyone gives me the abuse that I got at Ravenhill last week, there will be trouble.
    At least this time they will not be able to tell me to cross the line and go home - I am at home this weekend. :)

I do not know where this horrible attitude from some rugby supporters has come from, but I don't think that a rugby game is any place for it.

Chances are you were just near a section of idiots

They're prevalent in every sport

From my experiences the majority of Ulster fans are great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Someone obviousy forgot to tell denton that when the hulk gets pissed he turns into ferris:D

10 bucks on ferris putting him in his place.

ulster by 10

ferris to score.... at least once..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

twinytwo wrote: »
    Someone obviousy forgot to tell denton that when the hulk gets pissed he turns into ferris:D

10 bucks on ferris putting him in his place.

ulster by 10

ferris to score.... at least once..

Anybody see Will Greenwood's head to head key clashes analysis in the Daily Telegraph? He finished his Ferris v Denton analysis with "...Denton is leaner and would be the more comfortable of the two if you asked them to play in the No13 jersey". http://goo.gl/rqWQ2

Why would you ask either to play at 13? :confused:

Just met Tyrone Howe in the hotel there, he's talking up Edinburgh to the moon. Cheeky devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

ambid wrote: »
    Anybody see Will Greenwood's head to head key clashes analysis in the Daily Telegraph? He finished his Ferris v Denton analysis with "...Denton is leaner and would be the more comfortable of the two if you asked them to play in the No13 jersey". http://goo.gl/rqWQ2

I think he just wanted to say that Ferris is a superior backrow, without upsetting any Scottish readers. Very weird statement.

Ferris is on another planet to Denton

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ambid wrote: »

ask cheika ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Ok, Enjoy the match anyone going. Heading myself now. Hopefully come away with the win and a bit of craic with our kilted brethren later ! Just putting the drinking boots on and checkin the singing voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ulster 22 - 12 Edinburgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

crapping it with Henry out. heading down the road now.

SUFTUM!!!

Advertisement