Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST BREAKFAST ROLL IN WATERFORD CITY?

Options
  • 26-04-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Ive been told that i have to try a breakfast roll as im not from around these part originally im not used to this,

Where abouts do i buy a breakfast roll and a good one at that,

I have tried them before from CENTRA but i have to say i was not impressed, the bread was hard the sausages were burnt and the flavour was covered in ketchup, where do i go to get the real deal?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I got one in the corner shop up in tycor a few mornings ago and it was lovely. To be honest I dont really eat breakfast rolls very often so I dont know how it stands up to the rest of them around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

That little green shop on the juntion of Parnell st and Catherine St do a lovely one. Although you have to ask for extra as they only put 3 things in it if you ask for a breakfast roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

If you happened to get one from maxol on the cork road just as they are out of the oven they are really nice and a good belly filler:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Breakfast roll from a petrol station?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Which Centra did you get it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Breakfast roll from a petrol station?

Yea maxol are nice. The corner shop is smashing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

spar on barrack street are nice enough, one of the women behind the deli tho makes a mess out of the rolls, she only fecks the thing together. If your lucky not to get her tho your sorted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Basically the breakfast roll you got in centra is a good indication of what they are all like.

You can shop around but there isn't much difference in any of them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ikeano29 wrote: »
    Basically the breakfast roll you got in centra is a good indication of what they are all like.

You can shop around but there isn't much difference in any of them to be honest.

Unless you make your own......
    s-it-feels-good-man-dog-window-1273930839c.jpg

Of course that really is lots of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Spar on the cork road do a nice one aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Partial to a roll from Superquinn meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

If you're getting a breakfast roll, try get it early enough. Often if you leave it til near lunchtime, all the sausages and rashers etc might be all dried up, and not as nice as if they were fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Is there not a shop or a Deli or something? Im not fond of the idea of going into a petrol station to get a breakfast roll, I thought the idea would have been streaming in of one place in particular.

Okay then maybe i can slightly change this.

Where does one go for a decent full Irish Brikfast that is good value for money, well i suppose once its really good the price should speak for itself then, Maybe these places do breakfast rolls too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Forget about the rolls, what about this instead?

1 fresh crusty blaa.
    Loads of real butter.
    Pack of cheese and onion.
    Few slices of cheddar.

And all washed down with a mug of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I think the subway breakfast roll is nice. Egg, bacon, cheese, sausage + coffee for 3€! You cannot say fairer than that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I think the subway breakfast roll is nice. Egg, bacon, cheese, sausage + coffee for 3€! You cannot say fairer than that
    But isn't that American bacon, and not a proper rasher? Massive difference in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Make your own one its cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

But isn't that American bacon, and not a proper rasher? Massive difference in my opinion.

Yeah suppose it is.... still nice though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

The Spar at Manor Village used to do a decent breakfast roll. Havn't got one in about a year but they were the best of a bad bunch. Most breakfast rolls are rubbish with the burnt, dried out sausages, rashers and eggs that could dent a concrete slab. That Cuisine de France crap is cat aswell.

Get down to Superquinn, buy a fresh roll from the bakery and stuff it with home cooked thick rashers, sausages, pudding and runny eggs. You can't bate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Centra in Ballybeg does one of the nicest hot food counters ever, extremely cheap too!

Any time we go in up to 3pm there's always a fresh batch of food in there! A large roll usually only costs €2 too, extremely cheap to what you'd normally pay for one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Centra on the quay is where i always go for a brekie roll. 2 sausages, 2 rashers, 1 egg, small amount of mushrooms, butter and brown sauce.

Job!

Centra on the quay is where i always go for a brekie roll. 2 sausages, 2 rashers, 1 egg, small amount of mushrooms, butter and brown sauce.

Job!

Job!

Advertisement