Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anywhere in Dublin that buys vintage clothes?

• 26-04-2012 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

I finally cleared out the attic and Ive alot of nice clothes (10yrs old) that are in mint condition, I dont know if Ill bother selling them privately but I'd be interested in selling the lot to a vintage store, any of them buy clothes like that or do they have their own sources?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

If your're in Dublin area, check out Siopaella in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

10years old isn't vintage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Any sequin dresses from the 80's? size 10? If you do pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 extremphonixx

giving them to chaarity might be a nicer thing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

My bills would disagree
    giving them to chaarity might be a nicer thing to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

10years old isn't vintage.

Yep, the 90s ain't vintage!

You could try flog them at the Dublin Flea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yep, the 90s ain't vintage!

You could try flog them at the Dublin Flea.

Ten years ago is 2002 :eek:

There is a market for American/British style 1990s clothes at the moment, but nothing really for clothes from the 2000s.

No matter what the brand/how nice you think it is/what you think its worth, the price you get for second hand clothes is extremely low. You might even have better luck bringing them to a place where they weigh the clothes and give you a price. Definitely try out Siopaella, but I've seen nice high street stuff (Ted Baker, Topshop, Karen Millen) for far less than half the retail price, so the initial seller would be getting less again.

If you want to set the prices, set up a stall at a flea or sell online.

Advertisement