Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10/22 action & stock modifications

Options
  • 26-04-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Did this to my Kidd/Ruger 10/22 over the last couple of days.
    I never did like the single action screw and I could move the barrel/action sideways as there was play at the back of the action after many years of use.

I got someone to turn down a plumbing fitting to make the pillar and set it in the stock with Devcon 10110.

Brassbeddingpillar1.jpg

I retapped the single action screw thread out to 6mm and used a 6mm allen key head screw

6mmactionscrew1.jpg
    6mmactionscrew2.jpg

Drilled a 6mm hole in the back of the action. Small hole first to transfer the hole location to the stock.

6mmactionrearhole.jpg

Then drilled a 4mm hole in the stock where the transfered mark was and fitted a 4mm allen head screw in it. I had to grind down the allen head to a tight fit 6mm to go into the 6mm action hole.

rearactionfixing2.jpg
    rearactionfixing1.jpg
    Brassbeddingpillarrearactionfixingjpg.jpg
    rearactionfixing4.jpg

Well its rock solid in the action now. I'll get out and see did the groups tighten up any at the weekend.

:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Clive, can you come and live here for the next month or so, have a few jobs to be done :)

Regards

DB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Scalachi wrote: »
    Clive, can you come and live here for the next month or so, have a few jobs to be done :)

Regards

DB

I can't 'cos I'm to busy :eek:

It's looking like there's no more mods to do on this Kidd and I'll have to sell it and start over again. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

nice work clive. cant wait to see the smaller groups it shoots now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Nice going Clive. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands.....exams over??
    Damn students :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

With the button/screwhead in the back of the action can you free float the barrel ?

• Advertisement

rowa wrote: »
    With the button/screwhead in the back of the action can you free float the barrel ?

Barrel is already free floated. The Boyd Evo stock dosen't have much under the barrel.

48c63581.jpg
    d6b3a243.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Great jib clive. it will be interesting to see how much it improves accuracy

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Great jib clive. it will be interesting to see how much it improves accuracy

The best improvement was the pillar and 6mm action screw it really tighened up and action on my rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

clivej wrote: »
    The best improvement was the pillar and 6mm action screw it really tighened up and action on my rifle.

I find my action a bit awkward to get in and out of my stock.
    I think if I did this I'd be beat altogether! Good work though!! :)

Glensman wrote: »
    I find my action a bit awkward to get in and out of my stock.
    I think if I did this I'd be beat altogether! Good work though!! :)

Is the safety catching the stock as it comes out??
    It needs to be half way to miss the bottom of the stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

clivej wrote: »
    Is the safety catching the stock as it comes out??
    It needs to be half way to miss the bottom of the stock.

Yeah I remembered that form when I used to strip and clean my mates 10/22.

I have the 10/22T, I don;t know if it's just mine or all of them- but the safety wont sit half way- it just keeps popping back out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Clive - any new images of the 10/22?

FISMA wrote: »
    Clive - any new images of the 10/22?

That bush telegraph you have is working well. :)
    Here are the latest mods to the Kidd 10/22

Fitted the new Kidd mag release lever. I must say it works a treat. Just have to push my middle finger forward between the trigger guard and lever and the mag pops out.

Kiddmagreleaselever1.jpg
    Kiddmagreleaselever2.jpg
    Kiddmagreleaselever3.jpg

Made up this 3 mag holder - holder.
    For use in gallery competiton shooting where a quick mag change is required.

204188.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

clive it looks like a suicide bomber vest,your just missing a few wires and a clock!:D

Advertisement