Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cats laugh

Options
  • 26-04-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend any gigs for the cats laugh.... just had a quick look and there does not seem to be as many gig as previous years (I could be wrong).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

It's not great this year. There's def less venues and comedians than last year. Nothing there that I would be rushing out to buy tickets for. Strange, given the fact that they claimed that last year was the best for ticket sales!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

1984baby wrote: »
    It's not great this year. There's def less venues and comedians than last year. Nothing there that I would be rushing out to buy tickets for. Strange, given the fact that they claimed that last year was the best for ticket sales!!!

The reason being that this year they have no drinks sponsor, in the past it has been Carlsberg or Smithwicks.

One gig that looks good to me is
    Adam Hills, Colin Murphy, Dom Irrera, Fred Cooke, Jason Byrne
    Sunday, 3rd of June | 10:00pm | Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel - Kilbride Suite €25.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

What annoyed me over the years the shows went from €12-15 a ticket to €33 for a decent show and instead of going to a couple of shows over the weekend to I limited my self to just one or just none.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

The Cat LaughS.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

The reason being that this year they have no drinks sponsor, in the past it has been Carlsberg or Smithwicks.

One gig that looks good to me is
    Adam Hills, Colin Murphy, Dom Irrera, Fred Cooke, Jason Byrne
    Sunday, 3rd of June | 10:00pm | Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel - Kilbride Suite €25.00

The Cat Laughs had no sponsor last year either.
    Dom Irrera is terrible, he performs pretty much the same routine every year. The rest of the comedians there are very good tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Mankbag wrote: »
    The Cat LaughS.

Grammer nazis, your worse then the real nazis. :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Grammer nazis, your worse then the real nazis. :pac:

*You're.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    *You're.

3327680+_13acb23c760a88a5fd38ae02ba10bdf9.jpg

Also Grammar is spelled incorrectly and then is used instead of than

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

You used to be cool, man.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    You used to be cool, man.

No, I wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

He actually wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Will be going myself this year, first time as a paying customer though!! recently moved away from KK but will be back to see the family at the end of the month and bringing a few friends along, should be a good laugh with one or two really worthwhile shows if you go to/ watch alot of stand up

Advertisement