Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 17 Hmr

Options
  • 26-04-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Well,

I'm getting a new 17 hmr rifle soon enough and I was wondering how should I break in the barrel.

I have a lot of experience with shooting but I've never bought a new gun so I've never had to break in a weapon before. Also, how often should a 17hmr bore be cleaned, when its broken in of course.

Cheers.

PS.. The rifle is a Marlin XT17vr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I don't know if there is a special break in for rimfires, but I'd say just do it like any other. Fire and clean for 5 shots, fire 2 3 shot groups and clean after each, then 2 5 shot groups and clean after each, then just fire a few groups after that and clean when you're finished. You should try and clean after every box of ammo, or just clean before you put it away if you're not going to be using it for a while.

Advertisement