Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S and Facebook problem.

Options
  • 26-04-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody else has a problem with the Galaxy S loading Facebook on a 3G signal, or would it be a problem with the Facebook App I installed from Android market.

Connecting to Facebook on the older Samsung Jet with same signal is no problem.

So I was wondering if the newer phone needs a better signal, like H/E/H+.

It's an unlocked Galaxy S but that should not make any difference.

Anyone got any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Facebook on android is terrible, it tends to really only load on a good connection, you might be better off using facebook through the internet browser on the phone rather than the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Vahevala wrote: »
    Facebook on android is terrible, it tends to really only load on a good connection, you might be better off using facebook through the internet browser on the phone rather than the app!
    Exactly

I've had a Galaxy S since launch and the facebook app has always been awful, takes an age to load anything, especially over a network connection, as you say. Almost otally unusable tbh..

Just use m.facebook.com on the browser

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭thyme

Thanks guys, I've tried it every which way and no luck, still to slow just hanging and connection lost.

Have tried it on the SGS2 and the same thing on 3G, but when both phones pick up the H/H+ signal away from the house everything is loaded within milliseconds.

But the strange thing is my Xperia Arc S will connect no problem.

So it looks like the Samsung phones need a stronger signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Get Friendcaster, it's a much better app

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭thyme

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Get Friendcaster, it's a much better app

Yeah I seen that app, was going to try it, might give it a go on the S2

Got the Galaxy S reset to factory settings this morning and it's working faster now using the browser, just's needs a sniff of a signal and it's in. The Android App is a little better but not much, so I'll get rid of that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement