Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Irish Breakfast

• 26-04-2012 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭

Was rather disappointed when I decided for the first time to give it a go and see if it is good but it just didn't seem to be as nice as I thought it could be. It had potential but does anyone else think it is slightly overrated?

Anyway I can perhaps add something different to it to make it work? I respect the traditional methods but it just doesn't work for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Ulster Fry all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Was rather disappointed when I decided for the first time to give it a go and see if it is good but it just didn't seem to be as nice as I thought it could be. It had potential but does anyone else think it is slightly overrated?

Anyway I can perhaps add something different to it to make it work? I respect the traditional methods but it just doesn't work for me.

So you prefer and English breakfast?
    Not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Orange juice?

Or maybe separate about 6/32 of the food :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Which variation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Ulster Fry all the way.

Whats the difference?

between the two breakfasts I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Stick it in a paaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm not suprised you stuck to the traditional route.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CongressTart

What about it disappointed you? There are several ingredients on a plate there, there must be something you like on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Add deep fried chicken and Ben and Jerrys ice cream. Don't care if it's breakfast, that shít needs ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Keith praising Ulster fry and giving out about Full Irish breakfast

I've seen enough of your posts Keith to know what you are doing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I only really bother to have one when I'm hungover, I usually don't like to eat much in the morning.

As for changing the format and adding new ingredients I don't really see the point, Aren't all these breakfasts basically the same anyway whether it be a full Irish, Full English or Ulster fry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

fried eggs [done properly], sausages [done properly], black pudding, lightly salted rasher, tomato, toast and tea. the key is knowing when something is overdone and underdone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Thrill wrote: »
    Whats the difference?

An Ulster fry has potato cakes and soda bread that are fried in the meat fats and they only have black pudding, no white.

There is a lack of beans and mushrooms on this thread

Or is that English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

The sausages makes the fry I say. If they aint skinless then its all for nothing.

IM0 wrote: »
    fried eggs [done properly], sausages [done properly], black pudding, lightly salted rasher, toast and tea. the key is knowing when something is overdone and underdone ;)

No beans? Fried tomatos are nice as well.

Otherwise it sounds delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Thread is making me hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Good stuff Keith! I like his posts - they're always funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

What about it disappointed you? There are several ingredients on a plate there, there must be something you like on it.
    Could have been the tomato. I usually take the tomato out of any fry up I have but I thought it was traditional for the Irish full breakfast and perhaps that is what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Ulster Fry has soda bread
    Irish Fry has white pudding
    English Fry has baked beans (although most Irish people do this now too)

I think that's the general rule. Irish fry has the best tea though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Whats the difference?

English breakfasts has Kippers and no pudding.

OP you should see a doctor about you lack of taste buds. A full Irish is absolutely fantastic, but warning, do not eat everyday, it is a heart attack on a plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

You make me sick.
    In my house since the burst we only have 1 ingredient per week until after 6 or 7 weeks we can finally say ee had a full Irish.

My Ideal fry.

Skinless sausages, Black and white puddin, Hickory rashers, Beans, Mushrooms, Fried spuds, Soft fried egg and Buttery toast.

Washed down with a cup of tea with plenty of milk and 3 sugars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Full English breakfast was Crumpets and Tea, I thought? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

No beans?

Otherwise it sounds delicious.

nah not their biggest fan, plus you wouldnt be able to move if you added beans in. and packing yourself full of beans and not being able to move is not a good combination :P

Could have been the tomato. I usually take the tomato out of any fry up I have but I thought it was traditional for the Irish full breakfast and perhaps that is what it was.

Friend bread goes great with the Tomato. Butter a slice of bread on both sides and fry the shít out if in the grease left by the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Truley wrote: »
    Ulster Fry has soda bread
    Irish Fry has white pudding
    English Fry has baked beans (although most Irish people do this now too)

I think that's the general rule. Irish fry has the best tea though!

Does the Ulster fry not have potato farls? I thought soda bread was a part of the Irish fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What the hell is a skinless sausage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

These are my 12 steps to the ultimate breakfast.
    1. Toasted Bagel.
    2. 2 Fried Sausages.
    3. 2 Grilled pieces of Bacon.
    4. A handful of Mushrooms fried till they are nearly burnt to a crisp.
    5. A fried egg.
    6. Some fried tomatoes.
    7. Ballymaloe relish/ketchup.

8.Half and the the mixture of 2-7 onto of two pieces of 1. Grate mature white cheddar cheese ontop.

9. Place under grill.Until cheese melts.

10. Attempt to eat with dignity

11. Fail.

12. Stop caring and realise this is the most awesome food ever.

44leto wrote: »
    English breakfasts has Kippers and no pudding.

OP you should see a doctor about you lack of taste buds. A full Irish is absolutely fantastic, but warning, do not eat everyday, it is a heart attack on a plate.

Kippers.

I've never had an English or an ulster then.

Colemans English mustard required

Feel the burn, oh yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What seems to be clear from this thread is that no-one is all that sure any more what differentiates Irish from Ulster from English ... we're having to work hard to highlight the differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

And thus ends KeithAFC's time in After Hours forever.
    Truly the end of an era

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement