Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP Exam

• 26-04-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

So guys, the LCVP exam is on next Wednesday the 2nd May. What are ye guys studying for LCVP? I got a Distinction in the Mock and am fairly sure my Portfolio's nearly full mark potential so I need this exam to go well to ensure I get that Distinction. I do both Business and Economics and am an A1 student in both so i'm hoping this will give me a slight competitive edge over the exam.

So, what are you studying for the LCVP exam? I'm going to know my Case Study really well, revise over my Portfolio and do as many Section C's (General Questions) as possible over the weekend. I think I might do all 6 for the last 5 years or so. Practise makes perfect eh?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

If your portfolio (which is 60% overall) is 'nearly full mark potential', then you only need to get 50% in the written to get a Distinction, isn't it? And 50% in the written is not hard at all. I find the Audio Visual part most challenging so I think I will practice that as well as Section C. For the Case Study we've done a SWOT Analysis and practiced a few possible questions that could be asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

subz3r0 wrote: »
    If your portfolio (which is 60% overall) is 'nearly full mark potential', then you only need to get 50% in the written to get a Distinction, isn't it? And 50% in the written is not hard at all. I find the Audio Visual part most challenging so I think I will practice that as well as Section C. For the Case Study we've done a SWOT Analysis and practiced a few possible questions that could be asked.
    I'm so anxious though! Yeah I honestly think it should be near full mark potential. I've gone through it soo thoroughly, spellings, grammar, spacing, tabs, margins, bullets etc. I don't think I can find any more errors. The only thing is that my Career Investigation is about 30 words over, I hope they don't take marks off me for that. I got 87% in the Mock, so hopefully i'll stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I never got my mock results back so dunno where Im at.
    But yeah, I dont plan on really 'studying'
    Im gonna learn a few definitions on the business side of things but I think thats all I really need. No need to stress :P
    A ditinction is no good to me anyways with the points I want :L

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Hey I'm worried about the written exam myself more so the case study,I just don't know how to anticipate the question really. I got 93% in the mock and my portfolio and interview would be distinction standard so I'm really hoping for just as high in my mocks for this written exam. Does anyone have any idea what to be looking at for the case study?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Princessxx wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what to be looking at for the case study?:D

Do a SWOT analysis, look at other case study questions from different papers and adapt them to this year's case study and try to answer them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Just did the 2010 exam and got 91% :DHopefully I can do this again on Wednesday and the Distinction will hopefully be in the bag!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement