Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixt Greens

Options
  • 26-04-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Any idea of their opening hours? I have extreme cravings...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

Any idea of their opening hours? I have extreme cravings...

'our opening hours mon-fri 8am-9pm sat 10-9 sun and bank holiday 11-9
    looking forward to seeing you'

I once emailed them when the cravings got too much as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Opening in town soon, down where Meadows and Byrne used to be, they have a website....
    http://www.mixtgreens.ie/default.asp
    but no opening times, sorry

(ah......see above!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    Opening in town soon, down where Meadows and Byrne used to be, they have a website....
    http://www.mixtgreens.ie/default.asp
    but no opening times, sorry

(ah......see above!)

Ah is that lovely café closing!? Nicest staff around and lovely hangout. Hope it stays similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i love the mixt greens salads and I have a craving for them a couple of times a week. Be careful ordering the caesar salad tho - get the sauce on the side (someimtes it is very anchovy) and leave out the bacon - I counted 15 strips of bacon in my salad one day - 13 went in the bin. The brown bread if fab tho. Anyone know who makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

inisboffin wrote: »
    Ah is that lovely café closing!? Nicest staff around and lovely hangout. Hope it stays similar.

Gone 3-4 weeks ago, with no notice to customers - just a Mocha Beans truck outside on Sunday am stripping stuff out. Great shame, IMHO. Shopfitters are busy inside now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Ah this sounds amazing. Never heard of this place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

inisboffin wrote: »

It wont,
    Goodbye crab linguine hello salad in a cardboard box,
    I just love eating with plastic knives forks,
    Plus who the **** sells slices of bread individually wrapped in cling film,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Shakti wrote: »
    It wont,
    Goodbye crab linguine hello salad in a cardboard box,
    I just love eating with plastic knives forks,
    Plus who the **** sells slices of bread individually wrapped in cling film,

Well clearly there is a demand so....

yer man! wrote: »
    Well clearly there is a demand so....

There is a demand alright the one across from UCHG is packed to the rafters at lunch when just 25 meters or less away 'mama bia' with a more varied, better tasting/prepared/considered/value menu, plenty of seating indoors and outdoors, equal if not better eco credentials and should you wish to eat on the premises they will even give you a plate and steel cutlery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Shakti wrote: »
    There is a demand alright the one across from UCHG is packed to the rafters at lunch when just 25 meters or less away 'mama bia' with a more varied, better tasting/prepared/considered/value menu, plenty of seating indoors and outdoors, equal if not better eco credentials and should you wish to eat on the premises they will even give you a plate and steel cutlery.

Hmmm well I've heard good things about mixt greens and the very positive review in the Galway advertiser was what would attract me to the place now. In fairness it sounds like you get a lot of food for your money in the place and the menu sounds mouth watering plus the place looks modern and appealing. It is however out of my price range as I'm a student and buy lunch for €3/€4 in tesco as i'm cheap....

• Advertisement

yer man! wrote: »
    Hmmm well I've heard good things about mixt greens and the very positive review in the Galway advertiser was what would attract me to the place now. In fairness it sounds like you get a lot of food for your money in the place and the menu sounds mouth watering plus the place looks modern and appealing. It is however out of my price range as I'm a student and buy lunch for €3/€4 in tesco as i'm cheap....

Its not bad food, I've eaten there, just better options IMO, for eg. if I was going to pay that for a salad at lunch I'd go to Antons on Father Griffin.

At your budget 3.95 soup and brown bread in mama bia with no cling film cardboard boxes or children's birthday party cutlery plus you get to spend your lunch break eating rather queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

Where is this place? Never heard of it until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Across from the hospital, next to Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

centra?????

is it not londis

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, Londis perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've eaten in Mixt Greens a few times...

Their Baked Chilli Beef Burrito (€7.95 with rice) is delicious! :) The Gourmet Cajun Chicken Burger with spicy wedges is also very tasty. A good feed in both.

The cardboard box and plastic cutlery does annoy me though, grand for take-away but surely it would be more "eco" to give normal dishes, wash and reuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement