Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crotty Avenue

Options
  • 26-04-2012 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Re: Crotty Avenue, Walkinstown.

Hey Folks

I am seeking some info on the Crotty Avenue area of Walkinstown. I have asked a few people I know who have some experience of the area and Ive got mostly positive responses, however none of them currently live there. One friend told me that nearby Bigger Road has a few thugs that cause quite a bit of hassle for residents, but it was second hand info from his sister who lived there in 2008. Obviously I am thinking of moving there.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Hey, I live very near Crotty Avenue, What specific info would you like?

Of course you get thugs and groups of kids hanging around but you get that everywhere. The road has a quite a few young family's and old family's. You of course have a few bad apples but you cant avoid those. I think its a lovely road and area personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Brenner77

hey Tripp

Thanks for that.

I grew up in Ballyfermot, havent lived there in quite a while though. While I really do love most of the Ballyer people and community, the visible levels of drugs addiction, alcoholism, petty crime and anti social crap, etc really depresses me. For example, take a look at the area surrounding the really fantastic state of the art leisure complex on Le Fanu Road and you will see so many beer cans, broken vodka bottles, drugs paraphernalia, strewn all over the place. Also the thugs that hang around the shops and pubs, I don't mean the regular teenagers ( whom are harmless) but the particularly nasty types who are involved in drug dealing and gang crime.

I have two young wonderful kids now (aged 8 and 10) and I really want somewhere better for them. Walkinstown seems like an old style settled working class area: just what I am looking for. But really I know very little about the area so any further info you can offer....

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Ill be honest and say that you have those types of people in Walkinstown too but its minimal and you dont see it that much. Of course you see them around certain parts late at night but people dont usually be out that that time anyway. In my experience of my part of Walkinstown, you dont have much of that type of thing around here. The Residents Association did some things that did help.

I agree, Walkinstown is an old style area and in my part of walkinstown, most of the area is occupied by older people and then some younger familys so it really is a lovely area to grow up in as i have lived here all my life.

There is also some great schools around Walkinstown, biased of course :-). Im sure youve looked at schools in the area anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Hi, I live around the corner from Crotty. I absolutely love the area. My father grew up on Crotty avenue and my grandmother's house on Crotty was just sold about 2 years ago. I couldn't recommend the area enough. It's very quiet, has a good mix of young and old but more so younger families moving there in recent years. I never see any trouble to be honest, not around Crotty anyway. Although I wouldn't walk through the green at the end of the road late at night. It's handy for going into town, be in in 15 minutes and the library is at the end of the road. When I have the money I'll be paying a house in the area.

Advertisement