Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Kevin St - dirtiest college in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 haxer

Hmmmm, this is a bit embarrassing! http://www.thejournal.ie/green-light-given-to-most-third-level-colleges-graded-on-litter-and-cleanliness-429076-Apr2012/

Of course Bolton St is sparkly clean! :D Kevin St letting the side down again!

I cant believe IT tallaght got an A grade and DIT kevin street got a C what is the world coming too seriously :L

• Registered Users Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I wonder how many of those sites have had janitorial staff reduced by three quarters, as we have? It would be good if people did not drop rubbish in the first place - cigarette ends are the worst problem - but if there is no-one to sweep it up on a several-times-daily basis then of course places are going to be littered.

looksee wrote: »
    I wonder how many of those sites have had janitorial staff reduced by three quarters, as we have? It would be good if people did not drop rubbish in the first place - cigarette ends are the worst problem - but if there is no-one to sweep it up on a several-times-daily basis then of course places are going to be littered.

couldn't agree more if everyone copped on and didn't litter then Kevin street wouldn't be the dirtiest college in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Kevin street is an absolute jax but it does have character :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Of all the DIT colleges, why does Kevin St appear to me the only one mentioned on that list?

• Advertisement

Of all the DIT colleges, why does Kevin St appear to me the only one mentioned on that list?

maybe because all the DIT campuses are classed as one, and that grade is a reflection of DIT as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 prescar

Hmm...let me see...perhaps because the DIT Mountjoy Square campus has a red brick front, therefore still looks pretty decent?! Also, the Rathmines campus still looks respectable...so that's maybe why they aren't mentioned on the list!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

prescar wrote: »
    Hmm...let me see...perhaps because the DIT Mountjoy Square campus has a red brick front, therefore still looks pretty decent?! Also, the Rathmines campus still looks respectable...so that's maybe why they aren't mentioned on the list!!
    think he was getting at no mention of another DIT campus at all, not even on the IBAL website who ran it. odds are they just visited Kevin Street which is long past its best to begin with. They could have done with a second/third mark seen as DIT is so broken up, Bolton st, Aungier st probably should also have been done too at least.

on the red brick front, Mountjoy sq is the only the only proper Georgian square in Ireland (as in it is perfectly square), id take a guess that everything there is listed, so it would have to be maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 prescar

overshoot wrote: »
    on the red brick front, Mountjoy sq is the only the only proper Georgian square in Ireland (as in it is perfectly square), id take a guess that everything there is listed, so it would have to be maintained.

I am aware that the Mountjoy Square building's are listed, and I suppose it's true that the front is kept decent because of that.

What I will say however, in recent weeks they have clamped down on smoking out the back (it's officially a no smoking campus), which mean all the smokers have taken to the front steps for their smoke. It now means the front is absolutely littered with fag butts and people blocking the entrance, which is a pity when trying to enter and leave the premises.

And I know, I know, ya can't please everyone and smokers have the right to enjoy their fag break, but the front is looking terrible since they've been all banned from out the back!

Advertisement