Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fatcheese and Netflix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Not worth your while unless you dont mind waiting until 2014 to receive the money from Fatcheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tiesto wrote: »
    Not worth your while unless you dont mind waiting until 2014 to receive the money from Fatcheese

Money will be paid by the end of june according to the blurb.
    Ive found Fatcheese quiet reliable with over €200 being returned to me.

Either way this deal is free money for trialing a product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

As above I made over €240 using the fatcheese links with Sky, Vodafone, etc only had a problem with the O2 Free Sim for €2 .

Just remember to cancel the trial if you don't want to use it after the month trial.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds good, same with me, fatcheese always give out the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fatcheese stopped paying me out a time ago and stopped responding to emails.
    They also banned me from their facebook page as I pointed out what a shower of thieving ***** they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Tiesto wrote: »

I've never had a problem with them paying out, Vodafone was very slow (3 months) but every other cashback deal was OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭podge3

Fatcheese are a joke.

Doesn't really matter with this particular offer as you can just cancel the Netflix subscription but be very careful about buying something and basing the price on the net cost after a Fatcheese refund. You may not get it.

I have 3 claims with FC at the moment, the oldest one going back to last August. No reply or response from their "customer service".

podge3 wrote: »
    Fatcheese are a joke.

Doesn't really matter with this particular offer as you can just cancel the Netflix subscription but be very careful about buying something and basing the price on the net cost after a Fatcheese refund. You may not get it.

I have 3 claims with FC at the moment, the oldest one going back to last August. No reply or response from their "customer service".

Through what retailers though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I had one through Book Depository that took about a year to come through. Another through Zavvi that is open 4 months. Gave up on them.

My €5 in my Fatcheese account, on pending status for payment July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭podge3

Through what retailers though?
    Vodafone, Maplin and O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭JodTT

podge3 wrote: »
    Fatcheese are a joke.

I had a claim with them relating to ASOS. They were absolutely awful at keeping me up to date with what was happening, and I eventually forgot about it.

12 months after the claim was first logged Fatcheese awarded me the commission I should have got from Asos as part of their guarantee. I gather Asos wouldn't pay so Fatcheese paid me themselves?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

Avoid fatcheese.

I'm waiting 6 months on a paypal payment that should have gone through in October!

Horrendous people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Maybe people are being too hard on Fatcheese?

I have a right to complain...
    Book Depository 2 months
    Vodafone 10 months.
    Meteor 13 months.
    Komplett, 13 months and counting.

However... eventually... it seems the payments come through... So as others have said don't buy anything assuming the fatcheese discount, but equally don't ignore the discount just because it will take a long long time.

Ix.

ixtlan wrote: »
    Maybe people are being too hard on Fatcheese?

I have a right to complain...
    Book Depository 2 months
    Vodafone 10 months.
    Meteor 13 months.
    Komplett, 13 months and counting.

AFAIK, komplett are no longer on fatcheese, so I'll doubt you'll get your money
    Vodafone don't usually take that long. I received two cashback rewards through Vodafone, both paid within two months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I've submitted two transactions through them and both have gone through. Sky and meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

groom wrote: »
    I've submitted two transactions through them and both have gone through. Sky and meteor.

I signed up yesterday via xbox. was told i needed xbox live
    had an offer for 2 mths for €2. did it via paypal so all very harmless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Took about 6 months for a claim (HotelHippo) to go through, but all my other bits and bobs went through within a week.

I took out the money there, because of the length of that claim, into my bank account, and it only took 2 days to arrive.

I was going to give up on them, but 2 days was pretty damn good!

Anyway, on topic - Loving Netflix, wish I knew about this offer before I signed up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I eventually forgot about it.

I'd say you're not the only one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Six months on - Anyone do the Netflix trial and get the cashback from Fatcheese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭crayon80

snubbleste wrote: »
    Six months on - Anyone do the Netflix trial and get the cashback from Fatcheese?

Yes :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How long did the cashback take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

All were awarded in last 2 weeks. Pleasantly surprised. I had given up on the hotel one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

There should be an image with that last post ?
    Netflix took almost 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭crayon80

It took three months here too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Got mine about 1 month after joining netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

About 3 months here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Did the trial but never paid by Fatchance.

Did the trial but never paid by Fatchance.

Do you see the transaction as pending in your fatcheese account?

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Do you see the transaction as pending in your fatcheese account?

No.

I lodged a claim at the time (in May) and it shows as pending - but that's a different thing I think.

No.

I lodged a claim at the time (in May) and it shows as pending - but that's a different thing I think.

Yes it's different, in some cases those claims take a few months, did you watch the 5 hours on Netflix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i got my 14 euro last week, two months after the trial, free money how bad

http://www.fatcheese.ie/cashback/netflix-ireland/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Logged in to my account today and seen that two of my claims had been verified and the following message:

"Many apologies for the delay in verifying your claim. Our new customer service team is currently looking into this for you. Our sincere apologies once again for any delays experienced."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I got €14 through Fat cheese for Netflix was well worth it i discovered Modern Family which is a great show!

Many apologies for the delay in verifying your claim. Our new customer service team is currently looking into this for you. Our sincere apologies once again for any delays experienced.

2 months now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

2 months now..

Ha, well I don't use it that much. Its better not checking every day for your money.

I just think if you are patient and don't buy something due to the fatcheese savings then you should be fine. I have saved over 300 euro in 2 years. :)

That's 2 months with no response from anybody at Fatcheese. Nothing.

Has anyone who cancelled after the first trial month actually got the Fatcheese/Netflix €5 cashback?

I'm wondering if maybe only those who continued on to actually pay a subscription were paid the cashback? All should have got it of course - but we are talking about Fatchance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Has anyone who cancelled after the first trial month actually got the Fatcheese/Netflix €5 cashback?

I'm wondering if maybe only those who continued on to actually pay a subscription were paid the cashback? All should have got it of course - but we are talking about Fatchance!
    I got 14 back after just over two months, I cancelled mine after a week, most of the stuff on there I have already via other sources online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I cancelled just before the free trial month ended and got 14 Euro cashback two months later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Got my 14 euros back also, around 2 weeks after canceling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Yes I got awarded the €5 and I cancelled.

Did you watch the 5 hours of programs as needed to get the €5 cashback? I got mine a of days after I completed the 5 hours.

nava wrote: »
    Did you watch the 5 hours of programs as needed to get the €5 cashback? I got mine a of days after I completed the 5 hours.
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

Just a heads up that this is ending tomorrow. have to get 5 hours watched by then - nearly missed it.

Advertisement