Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress coat advice...

• 26-04-2012 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all

I have a wedding next month and I am looking for an occasion coat/frock coat to go with either a purple dress (like the cadburys chocolate purple) or a royal blue dress. I am also willing to get the coat made if priced within reason. I’m in Limerick/Tipperary area and am willing to travel to buy or get it made. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jibberjabberme

Thanks puppydogeyes appreciate you getting back to me unfortunately that coat clashes with the dresses... thanks tho really appreciate your help

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got a really nice cream knee length coat in H&M recently for a wedding. It was around €30. It's probably a little simpler than you had in mind, but it did the job!

[IMG][/img]coat1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jibberjabberme

Cheers Twee. That coat looks lovely... To be honest I think i'm really wishful thinking and am probably abit too specific... I'll try H&M at the weekend that coat is a really good fallback sure you can never have enough coats.... and its really only for the church ceremony...thanks again for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Penney's have a lovely collarless coat with double row of buttons on the front. Mainly in brights, pink and yellow, but it also comes in white which I think may suit both your dresses. (Would have bought it myself but just couldn't justify yet another coat to hang in my wardrobe). Sorry I can't remember exact price, but I think it was around 25 Euro. The material is kind of textured so it doesn't look cheap. The buttons could also be changed to match accessories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Zara
    2278357712_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1332238623467

2588259636_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1335279689685
    Comes in cream but not on website. Perhaps one of these might suit?

Advertisement