Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best LAN games on 360 and PC?

Options
  • 26-04-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey all,

Every so often me and my buddies sit down and play some lan games. historically we've played Kane & lynch - fragile alliance (and the sequel) which are fantastic and devilish multiplayer games. single player is ****e in fairness.
    we played gears, red dead redemption, halos, borderlands, f1 2010 season championship.

we've tried a few pc games too. sins of a solar empire - took too long to get going. also played world in conflict (picked up 5 copies for 15 euro from thehut.com). that was great. a few years ago i played that 16 player local in an internet cafe - great great game. brilliant.

the competitive games often end in rows but thats good craic between friends.

so im looking for competitive games or coop with 4-5 players. quirky fps are okay but not mad into cd4 etc.

in a few weeks were gonna sit down and play diablo 2 coop (on pc), f1 2011 season, gears 3. maybe some trials evo in there too.

and im hoping you guys have a few ideas for me!

cheers all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MagicFreddie

For PC, here is a bunch of free games. You might find that useful as a starting point.

If you've a got a few extra bucks, you could always go for the classic FPS Unreal Tournament 2004--despite its age, it's always a good time with friends. I believe Good Old Games has it (GOG.com).

And for a really "quirky" FPS, I'd recommend Ace of Spades. Don't let the horrible graphics fool you--this game is really fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Company of Heroes and Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War are absolutely stellar LAN games on the PC. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Hey all,

Every so often me and my buddies sit down and play some lan games. historically we've played Kane & lynch - fragile alliance (and the sequel) which are fantastic and devilish multiplayer games. single player is ****e in fairness.
    we played gears, red dead redemption, halos, borderlands, f1 2010 season championship.

we've tried a few pc games too. sins of a solar empire - took too long to get going. also played world in conflict (picked up 5 copies for 15 euro from thehut.com). that was great. a few years ago i played that 16 player local in an internet cafe - great great game. brilliant.

the competitive games often end in rows but thats good craic between friends.

so im looking for competitive games or coop with 4-5 players. quirky fps are okay but not mad into cd4 etc.

in a few weeks were gonna sit down and play diablo 2 coop (on pc), f1 2011 season, gears 3. maybe some trials evo in there too.

and im hoping you guys have a few ideas for me!

cheers all.
    I tell you, you will never have as fun a time as playing Rockets King of the Hill on Midship on Halo 2, it is hilarilous, complete chaos, but very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

The left for dead games are great craic, you can have some of the group as infected and the others as survivors then in the next round it changes around.

Advertisement