Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you worry about getting old?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I don't worry about getting old no, but I do fear the day I will lose my parents :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    I don't worry about getting old no, but I do fear the day I will lose my parents :(

Both in one day? How unlucky are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

nose hairs.

recently becoming an issue.

old. feeling very very old.

and i'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

i didnt till nan told me i was getting fat and grey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Good woman nan. Tell it as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

fup her tis stock im putting on and the sun was reflecting off my head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

stovelid wrote: »
    They are immune to your consultations.
    They're quite aware of what they're going through. . Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ArtSmart wrote: »
    nose hairs.

I find my plucking them at times :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Its a crazy thing....this whole life stuff.... We're all going to get old...no-one escapes! If you're 18 now, trust me....the years go God damn fast and before ya know it...10 years have passed and you're like "WTF"....The one thing is...looks fade, personality doesn't. Getting older, its grand...just do it right is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'll age like Eastwood, when I tell the kids to get the **** off my lawn they'll listen or I'll beat their skulls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I've got a plan of action for my old age: I'm going to retire here in Spain where they know how to treat elderly people. They've day centres where they can do yoga, tai-chi, dance, craft classes etc. and the government subsidises off-peak group holidays around the country for them. And they've intalled all these keep-fit equipment for the elderly in parks.

I plan to be one of the eccentric auld ones who cake themselves in bright pink lipstick and blue eyeshadow and draw their eyebrows on with pencil, dyes their hair platinum blonde, wears a **** load of gold jewellery and bright age inappropriate clothing ("mutton dressed as lamb"...that'll be me) and carries a poodle in a handbag and a pigeon on her shoulder who she talks to. I'm going to be one of those old ladies who talks to random people on public transport and I'm going to find myself a toy-boy (because the current guy is 10 years older than me and he'll be dead) and I'm going to drink everything out of a cocktail glass. And I'll probably start smoking again. And I'm going to wear dark glasses on all the time so I can check out young men. Can't wait...bring it on!

Edit: And I'm going to get into Naturism and kinky stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Am over 60 ............ ear hair and nose hair has to be trimmed by the wife every few weeks. The eyebrows are like a pair of porcupines - doing a dance with my facial expressions ........ I don't mind. That's the good thing about ageing. Fuck what anybody thinks. I drink plenty of red wine (health reasons ;)) and don't worry. When your ticket is pulled ........ that's it. Afterlife? Haven't one clue but am not afraid of anything after death.

Carpe Diem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

grindle wrote: »
    Hiya Gary!
    Pottler wrote: »
    sounds dodgy. Planning a future being rubbed down by teenage rent boys or just badly expounding a liking for eastern philosophies?

Whoosh!
    Euthanasia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Whoosh!
    Euthanasia!
    Sorry, don't get that:confused:, it went right over my head.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I was here when this was all fields.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I actually think i'll improve with age and become more centred, health providing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I actually think i'll improve with age and become more centred, health providing.

the ever humble lionel messi. do you really believe there is life after football.. I see you clinging on to former glories, at 34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Too late - I'm already old.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

LH Pathe wrote: »
    the ever humble lionel messi. do you really believe there is life after football.. I see you clinging on to former glories, at 34
    Im no ronaldinho, no messi either if you look again at my username.

I'm not worried about actually getting old. I'm just worried about doing everything I want to do before I die. Most things require lots of money though.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

People have some idea that in their final days they'll be angry because they never visited some place or did'nt do something or other .When you get old the mystiques on life's attractions will have faded into cold sceptical mistrust of everything .You are too badly bitten by grim realities by then . A good mug of tay will do... feck going away on visits .

Advertisement