Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me an upgrade

Options
  • 26-04-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,456 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's been 4 years since my last upgrade and I crave another one :)

I currently have a C2Q 6600 cpu (Reserator2 watercooled), on a S775 Asus P5K mobo. This uses DDR2 ram. I want to keep my PCI-E graphics card (silent, just heatsink) and my aluminium case (Lian-Li). My current DVD rewriter is IDE, so I need an upgrade there too. I'm keeping my SSD and other SATA hard disks

So what I need:

Mobo
    CPU (want to watercool it using my current Reserator2)
    DDR3 Ram
    DVD writer

I do not game and I do not use it for video editing / cad etc. I just want it to be very fast in day to day use

There is no great urge to this. Is there a new generation cpu / socket coming out soon that is worth waiting for?

Budget: the lower the better, but please give me some options for say EUR150, 250 and 350. Thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement