Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Pleasant Tennis/Squash/Badminton open for membership!

Options
  • 26-04-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Mount Pleasant LTC club membership is now open with no 1st year joining fee, saving you 150 eur!

The club offers:
    • 11 All Weather Tennis Courts
    • 3 Squash Courts
    • 2 Badminton Courts
    • Private Gym
    • Regular club nights and social events
    • Members bar
    • Membership fee includes bar vouchers and automatic entry into monthly draw with thousands of Euro worth of prizes every month
    All levels of player welcome!
    Coaching is also available with group coaching programs run regularly throughout the year.

Application forms and additional information for the club can be found on the website. Alternatively PM me.

Mount Pleasant LTC
    Mount Pleasant Square
    Ranelagh
    Dublin 6
    01 497 3733
    www.mountpleasantltc.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

Just to clarify there is a joining fee, but the first year joining levy of 150 eur has been waived!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

what is the cost then for the joiner? Is it pay as you go? or is there a yearly fee?

Thanks!

Hi Neil,

There is a yearly fee which runs from May to April, details of the different options are available here:-
    http://www.mountpleasantltc.ie/membership.html
    The fee covers 50 eur of bar credit & entry into a monthly draw with lots of cash prizes!
    As it is July now, you would only pay the amount from now until the end of April, give us a ring on 497 3733 to get the exact figures.
    There is also an option of paying by installments.

Ciara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

I have to recommend this club, I play there when i go to dublin and it's a fantastic place.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Hi there,
    I am interested in joining a squash club but €460 a year seems very expensive. On top of this, do you have to pay for lights every time you play?

• Advertisement

denisstack wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am interested in joining a squash club but €460 a year seems very expensive. On top of this, do you have to pay for lights every time you play?
    For €460 you get €50 to spend in the bar and entry into a monthly draw to win cash. As well as this the club has internal leagues each month with promotion and relegation so you would have plenty of players to play at your standard. At the moment we have around 14 different groups with 5 players playing in each. It is very popular in the club and it is all done online. You can also book courts and make challenges on the ladder online. There are not many, if any, squash clubs in the country with this facility.

Our courts are in excellent condition and are really well maintained. All new members are really welcome and are helped to find opponents of their standard to play. Lights for courts cost only €1.50 for a 45 minute game.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

For €460 you get €50 to spend in the bar and entry into a monthly draw to win cash. As well as this the club has internal leagues each month with promotion and relegation so you would have plenty of players to play at your standard. At the moment we have around 14 different groups with 5 players playing in each. It is very popular in the club and it is all done online. You can also book courts and make challenges on the ladder online. There are not many, if any, squash clubs in the country with this facility.

I ended up joining a different club and I feel I must reply here for the benefit of others.
    Old Belvedere squash club costs €250 a year, including €55 bar credit.
    It's €100 per year for students and that doesn't include bar credit.
    It's €2 per 45 mins on a court.
    "There are not many, if any, squash clubs in the country with this facility."
    You're deluded. The year is 2013 now you know.
    Old Belvedere also has it "all done online" (as I'm sure plenty others have since about 5 years ago).

Old Belvedere (as does every club I've been in, admittedly 3 in total) has internal box leagues with 5 players in each, in which you can play players of your own standard. You can book online and make challenges to the ladder online here too. This is not amazing.

I understand you're trying to promote the club but justifying €460 a year for the use of courts is absolutely crazy in my opinion. It's no wonder some people have a view of squash as an elitist sport.

Fair enough if the €460 fee is for people that play squash plus tennis but there are a lot of people that only play squash as a winter sport (having come from other sports), like myself. I suggest you offer per-sport fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Resurrecting zombie thread.
    No advertising.

/closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement