Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Button factory

Options
  • 26-04-2012 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Well this question was moved to the "town" thread which seems impossible to find so AGAIN ...

The Button factory in temple bar. Is it any good, cheap, good crowd etc ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Welcome to your town forum!

Thought it was only a gig venue?

Suppose you could check out their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuttonfactory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

chin_grin wrote: »
    Welcome to your town forum!

Thought it was only a gig venue?

Suppose you could check out their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/thebuttonfactory

I wouldn't know, never been there, just looking for some personal opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I wouldn't bother going in unless I was interested in the gig that was on.

Since it was revamped a while ago the sound is great and pretty good sightlines, if you're actually interested in the band and want to hear them avoid the back of the venue as the amount of numpties chatting in the bar will drive you demented, really don't understand why people go to gigs to just chat the whole way through.

Crowd depends on the band but usually towards the hipster end of the spectrum, lots of hats worn indoors etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Well this question was moved to the "town" thread which seems impossible to find so AGAIN ...

The Button factory in temple bar. Is it any good, cheap, good crowd etc ??
    Best sound in dublin for a gig (provided band and engineer don't f*ck it up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Crowd depends on the band but usually towards the hipster end of the spectrum, lots of hats worn indoors etc...

I don't think a regular night at the Button Factory could be described much more accurately than this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I wouldn't bother going in unless I was interested in the gig that was on.

Since it was revamped a while ago the sound is great and pretty good sightlines, if you're actually interested in the band and want to hear them avoid the back of the venue as the amount of numpties chatting in the bar will drive you demented, really don't understand why people go to gigs to just chat the whole way through.

I thought it was just a bar/nightclub. Thanks anyway.

Ugghh I know the type you're referring to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_5uVdy5YmA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I was in there a few weeks back for the first time in 2 years and there was a huge number of lesbians for some reason :confused: Has it become a gay club since it re opened?

Advertisement