Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying habits.

• 26-04-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Do any of you have any habits that annoy other people or are there any habits that other people have that annoy you? My ma's habit of putting on a posh voice when she answers the phone absolutely wrecks my head!:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I never sit down, which apparently makes people anxious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Mrs Bucket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

I tap my fingers on surfaces all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Girlfriend hates when I think something through, rather than going "Yeah, sure, there's a Heaven, and you get to meet ALL the nice people you liked, and the bad people have become just-your-definition of nice. Totally.".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I have a habit of posting useless posts in peoples threads which never go anywhere and just suddenly stop

• Advertisement

karl_m wrote: »

Drummer or just impatient?

chin_grin wrote: »
    Drummer or just impatient?

Guitarist keeping my fingers nimble :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

IM0 wrote: »
    I have a habit of posting useless posts in peoples threads which never go anywhere and just suddenly stop

I've always liked your

That's usually my trick!
    Guitarist keeping my fingers nimble :)

Dead giveaway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Mrs Bucket?

It's Boo-Kay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Shaky knee when sitting down for extended periods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I prefer to just stand up than sit down a lot of the time, or just lean against something. Nearly every time someone says "sit down you're making me nervous".

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CongressTart

I have one belonging to an aul nun, it's super uncomfortable. Especially while boogying it up at the local disco.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Mrs Bucket?
    It's Bouquet :)

Dead giveaway. :pac:

I shake my legs up and down, I must look really impatient. :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would have been funnier if you left out the

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Just when your taking a dump Teddy, that's all we ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fishrman

Well, maybe its not a habit, but i hate when people sit down next to you on the bus and decide to have a bag of crisps. Like i enjoy the smell of someone elses crispy breath and chomp chomp pause. Chomp chomp pause. Chomp chomp pause. Jebus. Ding ding im out of here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

I have one belonging to an aul nun, it's super uncomfortable. Especially while boogying it up at the local disco.
    Erm... wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I click my ankle. It's really loud and drives people spare :o

• Advertisement

Erm... wha?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nun

ctrl+f and put in the word 'habit'.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DitzyPoo92

Reading all these posts , I'm starting to realize I must be an annoying **** because I say I so about 80% of the stuff posted:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I prefer to just stand up than sit down a lot of the time, or just lean against something. Nearly every time someone says "sit down you're making me nervous".
    Yea my legs just are always on go so I walk around or step from side to side quite a lot.
    It might be RLS though.
    Just when your taking a dump Teddy, that's all we ask.
    Lol, I could squat :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My cousin has two very annoying (or disguisting depending how you look at it) habits that creep me out every time he does them.

1) He can turn his eyelids inside out and proceeds to pretend to be a zombie. Hilarious when done in the presence of children.
    2)He can purposely dislocate his shoulder. Which is fun on the odd occasion when you'd be messing around with randomers.

Now that I think about it, they're neither annoying or disguisting. They're actually pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

alcomohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I hate people tapping anything. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

OH and the icemaker on the fridge.
    You can have cubed or crushed .
    We agreed after a lengthy discussion that the default setting should be cubed because if you leave it on crushed and want cubed ice you get this half and half slushy crap. What setting do I always find it on? Crushed. :mad:

Oh and people who walk into rooms and don't close the door behind them.
    Were you born in a barn?

*taps fingers to sound like a galloping horse*

• Advertisement

bronte wrote: »
    We agreed after a lengthy discussion that the default setting should be cubed because if you leave it on crushed and want cubed ice you get this half and half slushy crap. What setting do I always find it on? Crushed. :mad:

Oh and people who walk into rooms and don't close the door behind them.
    Were you born in a barn?

no a hospital with swinging doors :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Im living with someone that cant stop humming/whistling/singing constantly. In every situation.
    When someone chews with their mouth open and you can here them mascitating.

I tend to pace a good bit. It helps me think. I dont usually do it with company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Pedantic people can be really annoying.

I said to a guy at work

"You are the most pedantic person I know"

and he said

"No, no I am the third most pedantic person you know"

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

bronte wrote: »
    We agreed after a lengthy discussion that the default setting should be cubed because if you leave it on crushed and want cubed ice you get this half and half slushy crap. What setting do I always find it on? Crushed. :mad

My gast is truly flabbered. Your head must be wrecked, my heart bleeds for you, oh the agony.

(I'm secretly v.jealous that you have one of those fridges, I've always wanted one, just seemed like an unjustifiable expense for an ice-maker - are they any good, default setting aside ?)

People who eat with their mouths open practically.
    When my brother eats he makes slurping sounds. So annoying when I'm sitting opposite him at a dinner table.
    Another brother puts on a posh accent when he's talking on the phone to certain people.
    Another brother can't sit still.
    Me personally when I'm watching a film I google it half way through so I know what's going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

My gast is truly flabbered. Your head must be wrecked, my heart bleeds for you, oh the agony.

(I'm secretly v.jealous that you have one of those fridges, I've always wanted one, just seemed like an unjustifiable expense for an ice-maker - are they any good, default setting aside ?)

:pac:

They're not bad....I think it actually encourages you to drink more water cos it's on tap.
    Handy if there's a party as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

People cracking their fingers... jesus christ, it absolutely wrecks my head.
    Sitting there trying to ignore it, pretend its something else, but I just can't...

Things I do, knee is bouncing all the time don't know why, its doing it right now.
    Tapping, I play lots of instruments, drums including, I pretty much tap on every single surface in reaching distance.
    Also don't like sitting down that much, I just prefer to stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Jedward...s new habit of wearing the American flag as clothing. On absolutely everything. combined with their accent sure who'd know any different? my personal favourite is the apparent adidas top adorned with it. Two of my favourite forms if stripage, combined. Well done lads how do they manage? anyone ever seen a lamer, more desperate attempt to break America / appeal to the yoof.

If even louis walsh thinks te adi-stripes are so hip they might work for jedwards sales, so commonly pase by now are they.. is that not the death knell?

Nope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

Stop tapping the keyboard.

I have a habit of not finishing sentences when I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

i keep riding fat birds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

People get annoyed when I put my hands down my pants :confused:

• Advertisement

i keep riding fat birds
    Pickings aren't slim with you so :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Apparently I am completely un-emotional

(eg) I never ever show emotion, always have a straight face on me or an annoyed look which seems to annoy people for some reason but F**K them anyway.

Kind of like Tuvok from Voyager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i crack my fingers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

People who live in apartment blocks with communal washing facilities will probably only relate to this, but people who leave their clothes in the washers/dryers for like half an hour after they're wash/dry has finished. Seriously, its infuriating when your in a rush or want to get to bed but have to wash the clothes first.

How hard is it to get off your arse and go in and collect your washing you lazy gits!

I jig my knee. Drives people nuts :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Jaysus, knee jigging really DOES drive me nuts. What the hell do people do it? I always assume they're dying for a piss.

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Jaysus, knee jigging really DOES drive me nuts. What the hell do people do it? I always assume they're dying for a piss.

It helps my concentration when I knee jig and tap my fingers.

Susie_Q wrote: »

I don't know :(
    I don't even know I'm doing it. I can't really keep still for long, if I'm in a queue I'm usually dancing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

i like to stand rather than sit :L
    if i sit for 2 long i do the knee jig :L
    biteing my nails
    smokeing
    i jump and hit the roof when im waitin on someone :L
    i must be a terrible persom to be around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

I don't know what it's called in other areas but where I'm from we call it 'hockering.' When somebody coughs up phlegm/snorts up snot and then spits it out. It makes me feel sick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement