Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

settled in bit better to redford park

Options
  • 26-04-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

have settled into Redford park but still very shy and nervous! yep, lovely people here but not the most socially adept.
    also having trouble sourcing a friendly gp.
    a few have declined my attendance there. yep again, and yep again!
    bit odd i find that.
    i like it around here but slow to reach out. any suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have you tried the medical center in Hillside/Heatherview? Can't remember the name right now but just google them up.

I have been to both them (twice now) and another medical center in Greystones and have to say I found the one above just great. Doctors very friendly and actively listen instead of trying to hussle you out.

Welcome to Greystones though - Redford is a nice spot. There are loads of things going on in the town just get out there and try to get involved in a few different things just to meet folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

well am going up to charlesland med centre and give it a go, really unwell today so lets hope it works out well for me.
    yes, tried that place ok, one doc there very tough indeed and so couldnt face that approach need a bit gentler approach so lets keep fingers crossed. far more hopeful today, just have to get all this sorted.
    steep learning curb this, never had these sort of probs in last county i was in!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Wow - I have met both of the younger doctors here and found them just fantasic. Sorry you had this experience, really can't believe it based on my and my wife's experience there.

Hopefully Charlesland will be better for you. No harm in seeking different opinions if you have had a bad experience at one. The whole reason I left the other medical center and tried the Hillside one in fact - same as you - bad experience with an unsympathetic doctor there. First & last time I sought help for an issue and was given a leaflet and wished all the best - just abyssmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

Just saying hello.

We moved into Redford Park a while ago, OH met some folks at the launch of the neighbourhood watch scheme.

Next time you're walking down the street, say hello. Sooner or later it'll be me you say hello to ;)

oh yes, and say 'Hi' too for it might be me!!!
    i do like it here, people do say 'hi' actually, i love that too.
    went up to the charlesland clinic, hope this is successful. they asked how many times i would go to the doc and they would have to consult with colleagues, well private patients give more money and if i go alot on my med card they lose out, but thats not the way its supposed to BEEEEEEE!

• Advertisement

twin and i 'did' the warehouses up at kilcoole to look for sofas etc, we went to one now seeking others, any info on more warehouse estates around here> we were hopeful at the one we did go to see but just wanna make sure of our buys. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

Hello,

We've recently setup a website. It's still in it's infancy at the moment but hopefully it'll have more information in the future.

http://redfordpark.wordpress.com/

hi just had a look! couldnt bring up the map, do you have to log in etc or register???
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

hi just had a look! couldnt bring up the map, do you have to log in etc or register???
    x

It would seem you do have to register to comment and post. A good way to regulate any spam etc. Hope the site does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

Hi,
    I removed the map, I've just put the url to google maps on the site.

• Advertisement

anyone know of a soft back colourful book on greystones that i may send over to an american who kindly got me a book and sent it to me!
    would like to get sommut nice, he is struggling with health issues.
    xx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

went up to the charlesland clinic, hope this is successful. they asked how many times i would go to the doc and they would have to consult with colleagues, well private patients give more money and if i go alot on my med card they lose out, but thats not the way its supposed to BEEEEEEE!

Did you try the Greystones Harbour Family Practice on Trafalgar Road? Brendan Cuddihy is one of the best GPs I have ever met and a lovely guy

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Deepsurf

Hi, Saw you on the thyroid misery thread. I attend Carrick Clinic, the practice in Heathervue. The female doctors there are really nice and are very sympathetic. I've had thyroid cancer and have found them great for all "my problems". In fact, they are managing my tsh levels better than my Endo. Hope you find someone soon as it is no joke feeling yuk! Good luck at hosp. tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

I go to Charlesland Medical Centre. It's walk in 7.45-9.00am. Dr Allen is female and is superb. Very kind and gentle too. :)
    Garda Pat is the community Garda for the area. He is brilliant as well.

yes, met Dr. Allen, she is lovely, agreed, also Dr. Caroline McPhillips. ON friggin morpine patch now but its brill, so so relieved!

hey, hope to do the car boot thingy on Sunday, with my er, turquoise renault kangoo.
    call by and say hello or buy some mut.
    after relocation just do a big big clearout - good for the soul.
    maybe buy the wallpaper and paint for this new place!
    and then to the pub for food, so we are not invisible with the sticks and a double take!!!! looking forward to it all now, weather permitting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

Hi and welcome to greystones ! Have you tried church road medical centre, dr conor downes is excellent as are all the others there. It is very busy but they are established there a very long time....I went there as a child and now take my two little ones, highly recommend it. Only drawback is no parking nearby, but I usually use supervalue car park if I camt get a space on church road.

pretty much stalemate on this i have to say. i am 'in' a place i dont like but once i settle a good deal better i can start searching again. it really looks as if i will be going further than the greystones area.
    every single practise has refused me. every single one!
    i absolutely am astounded at all this but right now ok. i had a great day today and i hope it will continue unabated. the medical stuff is very disappointing indeed but i guess for the moment i have my meds, and no immediate issues going on so i will cope. ok about it.:)

Advertisement