Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Kennel/Dog house

• 26-04-2012 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi guys

I have a Boxer and Labx and the lab is eating the wooden kennel, he is walked and inside alot i think it could be his teeth as he is only 8 months. I was looking at getting a kingspan kennel anyone got suggestions and price

Cheers
    Danny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

There is always a good few lads on done deal that have a great selection of kennel's.

Chewing still at 8months is probably boredom, are the dogs always taken on the same walk? If they are think about taking them some place new for their walks and alternate every other day with the old and new walk.

(mods I know done deal is not allowed to be mentioned here but as its for a kennel I thought I would suggest there)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Boogiewoogie

Just to say that many of my labs were still teething up to a year of age. Labs are also mega chewers and tend to love having something in their mouth. This can last their whole life. Would highly recommend nylabones or raw bones from the butcher. Also highly recommend stuffed Kongs to keep him occupied. My labs get almost all their food from Kongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

hey

I have a 18mth husky and he has nearly a hole dug on the inside of the wooden kennel and the crap chewed off it!! (before anyone starts he does get loads of running and cycling twice daily up to 10 miles). My other dog (rescue staffie-lab x) just sits there looking at him.

I dont think its out of boredom as he has 100s of toys, kongs, tennis balls etc etc in the garden.

I am nearly 100% sure he is doing it because he knows it annoys me and i keep trying to stop him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Personally i wouldn’t buy a new kennel, as it’s not really addressing the chewing issue. All pups chew up until over 1 years of age...

I would buy the following a rub it all over his kennel:

http://www.triequestrian.ie/tri-equestrian-product-categories/for-the-horse/detail/95-cribbing-products/youjoomla/1844-crib-halt.html?sef=hcfp

I sued this on my cocker and it worked wonders... it is used to stop horses chewing on their stables / fences... its waterproof too so won’t wash off in the rain.

I can’t recommend it enough.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

Thanks guys for the tips. They get walked a few different routes. I think he loves chewing :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement