Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Locked out of my house

• 27-04-2012 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Locked out of my house parents not answering, friends not answering its raining where can I sleep?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In a ditch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Perhaps your parents are busy.

Find a handy brick and aim for their window.

They mightn't let you in, but at least it will but a stop to their shenanagins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Shed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Sounds more like you're locked out of your tree tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Have you tried ringing the door bell...? O.o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Your locked out of your house, its raining, its nearly 3am and you whip out your phone to post on AH?!
    Hope you don't get locked out of this thread too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Have you tried you key, it just might work :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

You obviously have an internet connection, so send your parents an email to request door to be opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Find the nearest homeless shelter.they'll tell you what to do

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You asked in exactly the right place. I watched the Bear Grylls episode where he went to Ireland. You should get naked then kill a sheep, turn it inside out and use it like a sleeping bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Hotel room would probably be cheaper than breaking a window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Credit card on Yale lock, works a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Just put your foot through the door. No need to break windows like.

If that doesnt work, drink your own piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Senna wrote: »
    You obviously have an internet connection, so send your parents an email to request door to be opened.

The parents arent gonna stop riding to check their emails!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

justified wrote: »
    Locked out of my house parents not answering, friends not answering its raining where can I sleep?!

Under a bridge. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Haha, you live with your parents and don't have a key.

Post on facebook that you're off on holidays. Wait from someone to do the breaking in for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Find the nearest homeless shelter.they'll tell you what to do

Don't! You'll b sexually abused! I saw it in Primetime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

3rdDegree wrote: »

:eek: by miriam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

3rdDegree wrote: »

I am also now locked out. Where can I find miri...this homeless place??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

Found a person in college I can sleep on the floor of you're replies we're very helpful knew I could trust AH

Found a person in college I can sleep on the floor of you're replies we're very helpful knew I could trust AH

N'o proble'm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I reckon I could have got through a window if my head fit.. from there I could have raided the fridge, cracked open a capri sun and thought about letting you in

Any time.

Happy to help. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I might have a better solution. are you hot and a lady?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kingdavid

buy
    a tent or a wigwam underground dig out... lol start diggin up the garden i think they will soon let you back in the house,,,,,,

If i was your folks and you strolled back to the house the next day with your soft sheepish gimp head on ye, and said you couldn't get in, id be so embarrassed to call you one of my own that id banish you forever anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

she can sexually abuse me anyday :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

If i was your folks and you strolled back to the house the next day with your soft sheepish gimp head on ye, and said you couldn't get in, id be so embarrassed to call you one of my own that id banish you forever anyway...

and would that be before or after you remembered you didnt give him a key

• Advertisement

He never actually mentioned whether or not he owns a key. Id just presumed he forgot it.

He never actually mentioned whether or not he owns a key. Id just presumed he forgot it.

I'm a girl and do indeed own house keys unfortunately they were on the wrong side of the locked front door! rang the house phone about 20 times but my parents don't love me enough to wake up texted pretty much my entire phone book until someone was awake genuinely thought I was going to have to sleep in my wheely bin haha i owe my friend a pint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

micropig wrote: »
    Have you tried you key, it just might work :P

Try yo key, try yo wife, coz they rapin' e'rbody up in here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,402 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Some movie inspired ideas:

climb through the dog flap

pick the lock

use a credit card to jimmy the lock open

kick the door in

I'm a girl and do indeed own house keys unfortunately they were on the wrong side of the locked front door! rang the house phone about 20 times but my parents don't love me enough to wake up texted pretty much my entire phone book until someone was awake genuinely thought I was going to have to sleep in my wheely bin haha i owe my friend a pint

Correction - my owe your friend a blowjob. Any man that gets out of bed in a situation like this is a worthy recipient.

Correction - my owe your friend a blowjob. Any man that gets out of bed in a situation like this is a worthy recipient.

Interested by your use of 'my' you seem to feel quite enthusiastic about doing this yourself! And as much as I hate to admit you do make a valid point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

At twenty to three you coming banging on your parents door to be let in? I'd fcuking leave you out there myself.

Interested by your use of 'my' you seem to feel quite enthusiastic about doing this yourself! And as much as I hate to admit you do make a valid point

I accidentally an 'a' between 'm' and 'y'.

In fairness it was only half 1 when I arrived home AH was one of my last resorts for some bear grylls advice :p but you make a valid point, you'd get on great with my parents !

I accidentally an 'a' between 'm' and 'y'.

Guessed as much !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Whats with all the Boardsies losing their keys today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

justified wrote:
    but you make a valid point, you'd get on great with my parents !
    Do you mean me? =/

Way I see it is when you're a baby they would have had their fair share of sleepless nights, I don't see why they should put up with it with you in your late teens or early twenties (which I assume you are). Take some responsibility and bring a key with you, or get your own place to lock yourself out of.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Agree with Abi on this. OP you're an adult now, I presume there's no curfew in effect at your parent's house so time to be a grown up and take responsibility - which you sort of did by crashing at a mate's place.

Next time it happens (and there will be a next time, trust me) have that friend's number on speed dial or alternatively you could try to climb down the chimney like a woman doctor recipient of the Darwin Award did in the States.

Not the best plan in the world.

A brick through the window would have been better than this.

Where are my keys?

Advertisement