Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman fired after donating kidney to help her boss

• 27-04-2012 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭cyberhog

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cruelest_cut_out_8iAZkm6NB0YWIBpBHsXEQP
    A “kind and generous’’ Long Island mom donated a kidney to save the life of her boss — who then turned around after she got what she wanted and helped fire the poor woman, according to an explosive new legal complaint.

Stevens said she did not realize that she was in for serious pain, discomfort in her legs and digestive problems after the surgery on Aug. 10, 2011. She said she felt pressured to return to work Sept. 6, before she was ready — even while her boss was still recovering at home. When Stevens went home sick three days after her return, she said, Brucia actually called her from home to berate her.

“She . . . said, ‘What are you doing? Why aren’t you at work?’ I told her I didn’t feel good,’’ Stevens told The Post. “She said, ‘You can’t come and go as you please. People are going to think you’re getting special treatment.’ ”

That boss takes the meaning of a "heartless bitch" to a brand new level.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

That's a pretty offal thing to do to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Thats taking the piss! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Bad pun followed by pacman, smiley face, smiley face, Big grin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

cyberhog wrote: »

What she lacks in heart she makes up for in extra kidneys though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

What a manipulative cunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

I'd want my kidney back after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

This is one of those very few cases where I hope the crazy judical system and lawsuit culture of the United States goes completely over to top and awards somebody a kazzilion-million-quid.
    Her boss should have her face on the front page of every national newspaper so that she couldn't walk down the street unvilified for being such a scummy human being.

PS - Her's hoping that the kidney from such a kindhearted individual is rejected by a body carrying the a**hole gene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Apparently the woman is counter suing to get the kidney back and quite right too. Is it just me but are alot of Americans you meet just so un self aware about how they act or come accross, they just seem to think its all me me me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Bigger idiot for giving her kidney to a stranger for no good reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Apparently the woman is counter suing to get the kidney back and quite right too. Is it just me but are a lot of Americans you meet just so un self aware about how they act or come across, they just seem to think its all me me me!

Its not just Americans,sure we wouldn't have to leave these shores to see that in action.

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    Its not just Americans,sure we wouldn't have to leave these shores to see that in action.

Yeah, go to the cries of retail thread if you're in any doubt of people here acting like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

mconigol wrote: »
    Bigger idiot for giving her kidney to a stranger for no good reason

Her boss was hardly a stranger, and the $$$ she received in return was probably her good reason.

But I agree, she does seem to be an idiot. She gets no sympathy from me.

I reckon there's more to this story than meets the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I can't wait to see the film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Apparently the woman is counter suing to get the kidney back and quite right too. Is it just me but are alot of Americans you meet just so un self aware about how they act or come accross, they just seem to think its all me me me!

Careful.... you're catching it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I think this is the best bit, she didn't even donate her kidney to her boss, but to a random stranger.
    But while Stevens was a close health match for Brucia, she wasn’t a perfect one. So the doctors agreed to allow Stevens to donate her left kidney to someone else in the transplant group so that Brucia could move up the waiting list and get her organ from someone else.

“I felt I was giving her life back,’’ Stevens told The Post. “My kidney ended up going to St. Louis, Missouri, and hers came from San Francisco.”

Bull-gully, Bull-gully - say that tem times fast Debbie. Hope she wins though purely due to the fact that her boss looks like a satanic bitter auld cow and looks like is now downing bottles of wine to beat the band (even at work.....in a car dealership.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

cyberhog wrote: »

She may not have a heart. But at least she has a healthy new kidney. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

This story reminds me of a Dilbert "pay review" cartoon strip.

Dilbert Link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There's 2 other paragraphs in the article that give a better view on what happened;
    Brucia had been “apparently grooming her to be her ‘backup plan,’ ” according to the papers. But while Stevens was a close health match for Brucia, she wasn’t a perfect one. So the doctors agreed to allow Stevens to donate her left kidney to someone else in the transplant group so that Brucia could move up the waiting list and get her organ from someone else.

Her boss didn't get the kidney, someone else did. So I don't see why she's moaning about that. Counter Suing to reclaim the kidney is going to affect a third party who has no part in this bullshít.

The main problem is actually the abuse she received from her boss afterwards as stated here:
    After Brucia returned to work, she’d yell at Stevens in front of co-workers over alleged mistakes, Stevens said.

Stevens said that her office and overtime were eventually taken away and that she was demoted to a dealership 50 miles from her home in a high-crime neighborhood that co-workers jokingly called “Siberia.’’ Experiencing mental anguish, she consulted a psychiatrist. and her lawyers wrote a letter to the company — after which Stevens was quickly fired, the papers state.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

If I were her, I'd get my F**King kidney back is what I'd do.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

be hilarious if her body rejects the kidney and kills her, that'll learn her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

She was lucky to have a job.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's like something out of Lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Why would you donate your kindney to your stupid boss :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's 2 other paragraphs in the article that give a better view on what happened;
    Brucia had been “apparently grooming her to be her ‘backup plan,’ ” according to the papers. But while Stevens was a close health match for Brucia, she wasn’t a perfect one. So the doctors agreed to allow Stevens to donate her left kidney to someone else in the transplant group so that Brucia could move up the waiting list and get her organ from someone else.

Her boss didn't get the kidney, someone else did. So I don't see why she's moaning about that. Counter Suing to reclaim the kidney is going to affect a third party who has no part in this bullshít.

The main problem is actually the abuse she received from her boss afterwards as stated here:
    After Brucia returned to work, she’d yell at Stevens in front of co-workers over alleged mistakes, Stevens said.

Stevens said that her office and overtime were eventually taken away and that she was demoted to a dealership 50 miles from her home in a high-crime neighborhood that co-workers jokingly called “Siberia.’’ Experiencing mental anguish, she consulted a psychiatrist. and her lawyers wrote a letter to the company — after which Stevens was quickly fired, the papers state.
    Knew there'd be more to it - not that the boss doesn't seem like a ****.

The way the initial report is written reminds me of:

"SHE was a university honours student who devoted her life to kids... until the night a grossly overweight pervert, named Homer Simpson gave her a crash course in depravity... Babysitter And The Beast!"

Advertisement