Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade ins

Options
  • 27-04-2012 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place guys, just wondering what the best place is to do trade ins with PS3 games? I have a few to trade in and just wanna get maximum return on them :)

My options are Gamestop, XtraVision or Smiths, oh and a pawn shop?

Anyone any idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

In my opinion HMV are the best :rolleyes:but symths are pretty good too. Sometimes xtravision have good prices, sometimes they massively 'rip you off'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

kryogen wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place guys, just wondering what the best place is to do trade ins with PS3 games? I have a few to trade in and just wanna get maximum return on them :)

My options are Gamestop, XtraVision or Smiths, oh and a pawn shop?

Anyone any idea?

Don't go to game stop they will rob you :(

I went in with 25 games during the week and they were giving me 60 euro. There was games like little big planet two and GT5 in that bunch! Some of the games they were gonna give me 50 cents for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

cloud493 wrote: »
    In my opinion HMV are the best :rolleyes:but symths are pretty good too. Sometimes xtravision have good prices, sometimes they massively 'rip you off'

I'd always choose between the two. HMV usually cheaper, but my local Xtra Vision always seems to give good trade-in price, so if the difference is less than a fiver i go there (keep local folk in employment:)).

No way in hell would I go near Gamestop or Game (when in existence).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Traded in Halo in Smyths for 25 credit recenty for xbox the first one re released.

Xtra vision only offered 10, some difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

those exchange shops seem to offer more. one on liffey street.

• Advertisement

When I tried to trade in my games to HMV they wanted proof of adress and a form of ID. I did not bother with them as why should I give them my information like that? Also when I tried xtra-vision they wanted me to join them which meant giving them id and proof of address also!

The only one out of all the stores I tried that didn't ask for this information was gamestop but they offered me 60 euro for 25!

Limericks wrote: »
    When I tried to trade in my games to HMV they wanted proof of adress and a form of ID. I did not bother with them as why should I give them my information like that? Also when I tried xtra-vision they wanted me to join them which meant giving them id and proof of address also!

The only one out of all the stores I tried that didn't ask for this information was gamestop but they offered me 60 euro for 25!

Were you looking for cash though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

dreamers75 wrote: »
    those exchange shops seem to offer more. one on liffey street.
    I highly approve of CEX, they literally offer twice the price Gamestop do

Cex have just(recently) significantly lowered all their trade in prices on a lot of stuff :mad:

cloud493 wrote: »
    Were you looking for cash though?

60 euro cash or 80 euro trade in credit

• Advertisement

Ah well, thats still pretty low. Symths are excellent for credit, cex for cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thanks for the replies, guess Smiths is the one I should try so :)

Advertisement