Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband

• 27-04-2012 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

So I went for the simply broadband offer. No contract I was told and 24mb with no contention. 40 euro per month was the price advertised.

When I called I was told it was 50 euro per month. I was annoyed but decided I had no choice and had to connect.

Then to connect I was told I needed a new router.. 79 euro. Also needed a 50 euro connection fee. So that already had my first bill up to 179... Nice start.

So anyway installed the service and started using it. Never did I see such a poor 24mb line.. At times 4mb was top speed. Now I understand this is not bad but that's the best average I could get.

I called and asked for help. I got fobbed off. Called again to ask could I speak to a supervisor. Was told someone would call back. Nobody called. Called again to ask could I cancel because the speed was not as advertised. Got told I had to pay a 50 euro cancellation fee. This really pissed me off.

I then sent an email to magnet customer care to cancel. Got no reply. Called customer care and asked to speak to cancellations and got told James was on break and he would call me back. That was two weeks ago.

Where do I stand? What right have magnet got to treat me like this. I am appalled by their treatment and feel that I need to go one step further. Also and finally.. If you call magnet billing department between 1-2 you get nobody as the automated answering service tells you they are on lunch. Nice work magnet

One disgusted angry soon to be ex magnet customer.

Advertisement