Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When will first 00's bar open?

• 27-04-2012 8:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I first ventured into a 90's bar back in 2006 in Newcastle. Thought it was great fun. Would you appreciate a 00's bar opening in a few years?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I.D. Please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Would construction worker uniforms be mandatory or am I thinking of a different kind of bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

What's a "90's Bar" and a "00's Bar"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Seachmall wrote: »
    What's a "90's Bar" and a "00's Bar"?

Its like an 80s bar but with less sexual ambiguity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

The way things are going in the pub/bar bussiness there will be 00 bars/pubs left :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not really sure what it would look like/music?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

biko wrote: »

Fiddy cent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Jesus Christ, can we not just go to a pub? Why the need for it to be themed in some way or another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Not much has really changed since the 00's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i hate themed pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

biko wrote: »

It would look like the Big Brother house with a Britney Spears exclusive jukebox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭thomasj

I first ventured into a 90's bar back in 2006 in Newcastle. Thought it was great fun. Would you appreciate a 00's bar opening in a few years?

What music would you play in this 00s bar?

IMHO music in the 00s has been muck compared to the 80s and 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

After 00 all time became the same, its westlife boyzone and xfactor till the end of days.
    Depressing but true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

thomasj wrote: »

Grizzly Bear, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, the Arctic Monkeys, Wild Beasts, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, Beach House, the latter half of Radiohead's back catalogue, Gorillaz, The Horrors, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Bloc Party, Battles, Villagers, the Shins, Foals.

Puh-leez. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Stompbox wrote: »
    Grizzly Bear, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, the Arctic Monkeys, Wild Beasts, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, Beach House, the latter half of Radiohead's back catalogue, Gorillaz, The Horrors, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Bloc Party, Battles, Villagers, the Shins, Foals.

Rubbish compared to the 80's and 90's bands

And don't forget the "Thong Song" by Sisqo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

00s bar will open with a lavish opening night,thousands spent on decor.....then will close bankrupt within 2 weeks.....ahhh the good old 00s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i honestly cant think what the 00s could offer, they really were shyte

90's yeah - spice girls, blur vs oasis, house/rave music becoming commercial, it all so had a fashion of its own in the 90s... wtf did we wear 00s again???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

If it has an 80's night, then sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Everything's shite since Roy Orbison died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

davet82 wrote: »
    wtf did we wear 00s again???
    Well, I'm not one for fashion but IIRC, first we had the 70's revival, then the 80's revival and I think some 50's/60's stuff came back into fashion too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Sleepy wrote: »
    Well, I'm not one for fashion but IIRC, first we had the 70's revival, then the 80's revival and I think some 50's/60's stuff came back into fashion too...

really? i cant say i noticed... maybe i got old in the 00's then :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Let's do it, we can all wear Abercrombie and talk about our investment properties

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

There's loads of 70s, 80s and 90s places in Liverpool. I think it's kind of cool having that. A 2000's club would be ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

There's loads of 70s, 80s and 90s places in Liverpool. I think it's kind of cool having that.

Are you referring to the Liverpool suburbs of Norris Green, Croxteth and Anfield or do you mean bars? :pac:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

They're pretty much all ****e with the exception of the Strokes, LCD Soundsystem and Bloc Party, and they're only average.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Not forgetting Goldfrapp, Franz Ferdinand, Bjork's more recent output, Ulrich Schnauss, Moby's latter work and the Chemical Brothers.

But the 00s pale in comparison to the 90s IMO.

Is it just me in the beginning of my mature days who feels culture died with the millennium.
    There is nothing new, the music and films I liked would make my parents go WTF, but the music and films the present teens like, I go I have heard and seen it before.

I imagine the sex pistols or culture club coming on to the x factor in their time and Simon going WTF and that would be the end of that. Even films they are all rehashes and remakes, nothing fresh, nothing like Alien, The terminator or The Matrix, nothing that wows me. Perhaps the best original film I seen in years was Inception but that was the exception. I realise this as I am looking for a flick to see tonight and The new avengers is the only offer. I have been there and I done that, I can expect the usual formula with few surprises. But it will pass the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

I went to an over 60s do in a bar once.

Is a 90's bar similar?

44leto wrote: »
    Is it just me in the beginning of my mature days who feels culture died with the millennium.
    There is nothing new, the music and films I liked would make my parents go WTF, but the music and films the present teens like, I go I have heard and seen it before.

I imagine the sex pistols or culture club coming on to the x factor in their time and Simon going WTF and that would be the end of that. Even films they are all rehashes and remakes, nothing fresh, nothing like Alien, The terminator or The Matrix, nothing that wows me. Perhaps the best original film I seen in years was Inception but that was the exception. I realise this as I am looking for a flick to see tonight and The new avengers is the only offer. I have been there and I done that, I can expect the usual formula with few surprises. But it will pass the time.

I thought the 00's was an good decade for movies.

There was a shift in culture. Look at Saw, The new batman and 300 for example. The tone got much darker and more aggressive.

Overall I think the 00's was a much more interesting decade than the 90's. People also are much more interesting than in the 90's. Less pc IMO and they are better at thinking for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

So there were two good bands in the 00s then.

There was a shift in culture. Look at Saw, The new batman and 300 for example. The tone got much darker and more aggressive.

Overall I think the 00's was a much more interesting decade than the 90's. People also are much more interesting than in the 90's. Less pc IMO and they are better at thinking for themselves.

Darker because of 9/11 and the monkey in the whitehouse, but I disagree I think Hollywood and the music companies stopped taking risks and just rehashed the certain things.

I am sick to death of superhero, romcoms and buddy comedies films, Pixar was the exception. I suppose we have the new spiderman and superman franchise to look forward to. The only film coming I am looking forward to is prometheus and that is part of the Alien franchise.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Kitchy Bars are not Pubs .Cafe Bars are not Pubs and Theme Pubs are ok for one visit .Real Pubs have cranky aul' fellahs and aul' wans with a carpet on the floor the pattern of has long vanished an' the locals seem like permanent fixtures .Das a real pub .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

No doubt it would be called "The Naughties Theme Bar"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Darker because of 9/11 and the monkey in the whitehouse, but I disagree I think Hollywood and the music companies stopped taking risks and just rehashed the certain things.

Pah, thats not dark! Al Qaeda are/were a bunch of sissys.

The 90's had the break up of the Soviet Union, genocide in the Balkans and Rwanda, and Boris Yeltsin with one hand on the nuclear red button and the other hand holding a bottle of Vodka. Here at home we had the troubles.

The 90's, Good times brah, good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Will we have to pay ridiculous prices for sh!te drinks, although that may not
    have changed since then,I don't get to the pub often these days.

I am sick to death of superhero, romcoms and buddy comedies films, Pixar was the exception. I suppose we have the new spiderman and superman franchise to look forward to. The only film coming I am looking forward to is prometheus and that is part of the Alien franchise.

The new superman and spiderman will be discussed in the 10's bar in about 15 years time.

There is always going to be the usual money making conveyer belt movies, there was also some gems in 00's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

cournioni wrote: »
    They're pretty much all ****e with the exception of the Strokes, LCD Soundsystem and Bloc Party, and they're only average.
    Ahem

Advertisement