Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What threads do you hate to see posted?

• 27-04-2012 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

The usual suspects for me are when people ask for information that could easily be found on Google, like which bus goes where. Or people who post a really, really long he said, she said, I said, you said, we all said dramarama in PI and wonder why posters are confused.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

This one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I hate the way AH is practically a politics forum now. It's almost depressing with the amount of threads giving out about one thing or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ones with pics of dirty wet newspapers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Toilet ones.

Flutt would be proud though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

AMAZING LED SHOELACES!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

None. Only dopes let shít on forums bother them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

After Hours is just a hotbed of negativity and nostalgia at the moment which is just quite tiresome.

Usually threads on religion, the Gardai or the economy are the dullest.

The best are the threads where someone has a personal issue or better yet a relationship problem and is stupid enough to post it in After Hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Any threads to do with the recession,taxes or catholic church are uber boring.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Trolls asking what people think of abortion and other potent subjects for the craic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

People asking for relationship advice in AH instead of PI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anything started by Teddy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Threads that don't include amusing and/or disgusting anecdotes. Hate 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Is this dress too hot for my sister?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Threads like this tend to be rather disruptive to the general banter we have here in AH. So I'd have to say I hate seeing threads about the threads I hate seeing. Well... hate is a very strong word, lets go with I don't like seeing threads asking about the type of threads I don't like seeing. It's 1 more thing to scroll pass.

It's not a good day if you need to go further than page 1 on AH. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Threads about other threads in AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Likning to a random horrendous crime and then demanding some ridiculous sadistic punishment for the perpetrator, most of the time before the trail's even started.

And usually from someone with less than 10 posts to their name.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Dean09 wrote: »
    I hate the way AH is practically a politics forum now. It's almost depressing with the amount of threads giving out about one thing or another.

Banish Biggins and Run to da hills to the politics forum.
    Immediate reduction of politically slanted threads in AH and they can both only have admiration for the proactive approach. They do like swift action. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

threads where the Thanks whores have got there before me with all the sarcastic one liners.........I hate that :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The majority of s***e that is posted in AH these days.

I hate bitching and moaning, but thats all AH posters seem to be interested in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

lazygal wrote: »
    The usual suspects for me are when people ask for information that could easily be found on Google, like which bus goes where. Or people who post a really, really long he said, she said, I said, you said, we all said dramarama in PI and wonder why posters are confused.

I cant believe he violated the girl with this sexy pink swimsuit.
    Do you think it would be ok for me to wear one.
    sexy pink swimsuit

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Banish Biggins and Run to da hills to the politics forum.
    Immediate reduction of politically slanted threads in AH and they can both only have admiration for the proactive approach. They do like swift action. :pac:

I llke words. I like the way they sound. I like their subtle shades of meaning, their power. and most particularly their anclent roots, their orlglns. For example. I recently became fascinated with the rather routine word miscellaneous! To begin with. lt really sounds great Miscellaneous I dare you to say it out loud and not smile. Plus, you can just forget its meaning and have fun with lt. 'Miscellaneous, miss a lot." Then consider lts long journey from the Latin ‘miscere' (to mix). to lts current form. How did miscere become miscellaneous? Whose idea was it to drop the ‘ere’ and add the ‘ellanecus?' And why? Were they drunk? Was lt some sort of strange speech impediment that caught on with the general populace? Or more llkely dld the French get hold of lt and declde to do what they do best - unnecessarily fancy lt up? Makes you think, right?

And speaking of the paths words take to arrlve at thelr current form, how can anyone not be entranced by the rocky road travelled by the old Germanlc word ‘flcken' (to move back and forth)? Was lt flrst used ln carpentry? ‘Grab the other end of this saw and we'll flcken lt across this log." Or is it the Teutonic ancestor of 'fickle'? "First you say we should sack Rome. then you say we shouldn't. Boy, you are one flcken barbarian." Of course. lt could very well be the root of another word that describes a back and forth motion, but if that were the case, this post would probably be censored.

Chuck Lorre

:p

(For the record, the number of political threads I have started in the last full year on AH is less than eight, in fact probably less than five - but don't let fact come in the way of espousing fiction!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Stupid question ones that highlight the op's craazzy quirks.
    They often begin with 'So...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I hate threads that come loose on your favourite tshirt :(

Biggins wrote: »
    I llke words. I like the way they sound. I like their subtle shades of meaning, their power. and most particularly their anclent roots, their orlglns. For example. I recently became fascinated with the rather routine word miscellaneous! To begin with. lt really sounds great Miscellaneous I dare you to say it out loud and not smile. Plus, you can just forget its meaning and have fun with lt. 'Miscellaneous, miss a lot." Then consider lts long journey from the Latin ‘miscere' (to mix). to lts current form. How did miscere become miscellaneous? Whose idea was it to drop the ‘ere’ and add the ‘ellanecus?' And why? Were they drunk? Was lt some sort of strange speech impediment that caught on with the general populace? Or more llkely dld the French get hold of lt and declde to do what they do best - unnecessarily fancy lt up? Makes you think, right?

And speaking of the paths words take to arrlve at thelr current form. how can anyone not be entranced by the roclgv road traveled by the old Germanlc word ‘flcken' (to move back and forth)? Was lt flrst used ln carpentry? ‘Grab the other end of this saw and we'll flcken lt across this log." Or 18 it the Teutonic ancestor of 'fickle'? "First you say we should sack Rome. then you say we shou1dn't. Boy. you are one flcken barbarlan." Of course. lt could very well be the root of another word that describes a back and forth motion. but if that were the case, this post would probably be censored.

Chuck Lorre

:p

(For the record, the number of political threads I have started in the last full year on AH is less than eight, in fact probably less than five - but don't let fact come in the way of espousing fiction!)

It must be posts like this that made me assume it was more. Sometimes you say it best when you say nothing at all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dublin vs culchies, city vs city, my hometowns better then yours BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hate intelligent threads filled with intelligent people. It's ok in real life as Pighead can bluff his way through the conversation by nodding his head sagely and stroking his chin. But here there are no nodding head or chin stroking smileys so Pighead is left out in the cold.

More threads for thickos needed. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/agree.gif

It must be posts like this that made me assume it was more. Sometimes you say it best when you say nothing at all. :)

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
    Sergei Bondarchuk's Soviet film adaptation translation of Leo Tolstoy's book "War and Peace".

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
    Sergei Bondarchuk's Soviet film adaptation translation of Leo Tolstoy's book "War and Peace".

But words are only useful if the audience are listening. It is very important to understand your audience.

War and Peace, that is a big book. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Single mothers are to blame for the recession and everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Lazy threads. Ones where the OP wants to talk about something serious but offers no information about it. These usually start with "did anyone hear about...".

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Single mothers are to blame for the recession and everything else.

its just std's and crime they are responsible for ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Threads that go...

Hens lay eggs.

Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

davet82 wrote: »
    its just std's and crime they are responsible for ;)

Oh yea and we also have mattresses attached to our backs don't u know;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

More people need to learn about the ranting and raving forum

If you're not already there then sign up

Your rants will be more appreciated there then in AH :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Hawaiian massage's in Donegal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

The "FF are c*nts and f*cked up the country" threads... I am not a FF man, and they did play a part in the current state of things, but there is a WORLDWIDE RECESSION! FF didn't mess up every country in the world! And same again with the "Catholic Church raped everyone in the country" - Yes, another terrible thing that happened, but come on, can't blame all the world's problems on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

White thread in a blue envelope...the thread is a dirty colour when the envelope is opened after going through the postal system:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

(insert daily mail link)
    light blue touch paper
    discuss?

But words are only useful if the audience are listening. It is very important to understand your audience.

War and Peace, that is a big book. ;)

“The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention.”
    Richard Moss - Author

“Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.”
    Robert Frost (1874-1963)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Religious debates - Catholic church is the downfall of this country..blah, blah, blah....Atheist this, atheist that - boring!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I hate every thread that Trent didn't make sex off, HARD.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

“The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention.”
    Richard Moss - Author

Sorry, could you repeat that?
    “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.”
    Robert Frost (1874-1963)

Education whether formal or gained through experience is no replacement of instinct that if you smell smoke it most likely a fire. A tree that has been rooted in one place cannot be moved without an outside force being involved, that force sometimes comes in the form of an ill-wind. An ill-wind has sometimes been responsible for clearing a room. If you are confident that you are not the source of that ill-wind then you are entitled to enjoy that self confidence but that confidence can be taken away by the pointing of a finger. The front of the queue will be the place to be when the doors are closed and the those whose spots are changed according to their surroundings will be left in the bleakness that is a room absent the forces that are craved to make the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The Good Friday/off licence ones. Thanks be to Jaysus those are behind us for another year!

The Good Friday/off licence ones. Thanks be to Jaysus those are behind us for another year!

Just to be different i'm gonna post a thread in July about that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

davet82 wrote: »
    Just to be different i'm gonna post a thread in July about that :P

I'd really rather you didn't thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

The all to frequent threads slagging off Irish women!

Leave us alone FFS! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Raekwon wrote: »
    The all to frequent threads slagging off Irish women!

Leave us alone FFS! :mad:

Raekwon is a girl!?!?!? I tot you were an ultra hardcore gangsta rap homie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raekwon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Omackeral wrote: »
    Raekwon is a girl!?!?!? I tot you were an ultra hardcore gangsta rap homie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raekwon

Wu-Tang Clan aren't hardcore gangsta rappers they are Hip Hop pioneers!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

OP: here's a typical left-wing post about something I'm immensely butthurt about. everyone must agree with me and not criticise me ever.

Me: STFU, I don't care

MOD: Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Totally Unrelated to the topic but,

After Hours needs more boobs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement