Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennessee Titans Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Neither locker or whitehurst talked to the media today, locker has talked to yhe media every Wednesday even
    When injured.

Strong rumours that Mett is going to be named starter tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Confirmed that Mett starts against the Texans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Confirmed that Mett starts against the Texans

1st start in the NFL & you get to go against JJ Watt and Jadveon Clowney, stuff of dreams!!

Yep, baptism of fire to be sure but if he makes plays with those guys bearing down on him then we'll have a decent qb, really going to be an interesting game Sunday.

Rumours are that locker leaked the info cos he's pissed at Whiz..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I really like Locker. I just wish he could stay healthy. I really dislike Mett, but at the same time I don't want to watch my team lose. If locker is no longer an option I hope we draft a new QB in the next draft.

On another note, I had such high hopes for Whiz but when we keep losing games in the last 1 minute consistently the blame has to fall on him.

• Advertisement

I would love to see locker as the back up, never going to happen though.

If Mett had a poor rest of the season he becomes back up to the new qb that's a drafted id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I really like Locker. I just wish he could stay healthy. I really dislike Mett, but at the same time I don't want to watch my team lose. If locker is no longer an option I hope we draft a new QB in the next draft.

On another note, I had such high hopes for Whiz but when we keep losing games in the last 1 minute consistently the blame has to fall on him.

What's wrong with him?

Well that didnt go according to plan..

Have only seen highlights but mett was poor though im sure he didnt get any help from his o-line.

Defense spent most of the game on the field so was knackered

Well that didnt go according to plan..

Have only seen highlights but mett was poor though im sure he didnt get any help from his o-line.

Defense spent most of the game on the field so was knackered

watched the game, O line was fantastic if you ignore the 6+ penalties they gave up which put mett in some first and long territory. He had eternity in the pocket though. We handled JJ watt well I though. A few drops didn't help him at times, but he was just erratic himself. I suppose that's what we should expect from a rookie.

we are well on our way to getting a top 3 or 4 pick

• Advertisement

we are well on our way to getting a top 3 or 4 pick

The question is, do we take a QB or not

The question is, do we take a QB or not

I dont know enough about the QBs in next years draft, Mariota looks interesting, but tbh i think with any good performances from Mett, they'll keep him and sign a pass rusher.

Tbh if we do have a high pick i could defintely see us trading back in the draft, we have a lot of holes and i think we could see a bit of a clear out in january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens and Titans both on two game losing streaks and desperate not to lose 3

I'm looking forward to see Dumervil torch Michael Oher :)

From what I saw of Mettenberger he seemed to my uneducated eyes to be a bit like Rivers, he'd stand until the last second, deliver the pass and take the hit. He doesn't scramble, no? He can launch the long passes for sure.

Ravens go as the offensive line goes and I was impressed with the Titans pass rush against Houston with 5 sacks. Titans are joint 9th in the league for sacks so that's very decent.

I think Baltimore should win but should be a good game

After a solid start the first couple of games, he's literally fallen apart.

Has allowed 4 sacks, multiple pressures and Qb hits, Warmack isnt helping him to be fair. The right side of the line is shocking, if Roos had been healthy, Lewan would be our RT and we'd not be in too bad shape.

He's not a scrambler, he will stay in the pocket and take a hit if he's able to release the ball, a true pocket passer. He's got the arm, just remains to be seen if he has the talent, I hope so because we need a QB desperately. a lot of comparisons to Big Ben it seems.

Titans pass rush has gotten better... but it comes from Casey.
    Klug and our FS have been getting through the o-lines well.. Even Wimbley has a a couple of sacks.

I expect us to get to Flacco but i also expect him to torch us with soem deep bombs

At this point out season is over, so all i hope for is a good game by Mett

Have to say that was the most enjoyable weekend of football since week 1.

I don't really care how mett plays tbh. If he's good we build a team around him. If he's not we draft the top rated QB prospect. Think we have the worst record of any team who would consider drafting a QB.

Yep, Jags and Raiders wont take a QB

I could see the Jets take a QB if they get a new HC, hard to know what would happen in Tampa aswell.

I think if Mett shows any promise he is our QB for next year

Best thing I've seen from the titans all year

Well... I expected an enormous blow out last night.

I've only watched the highlights but

- Mett performed well, the int wasnt his fault
    -Sankey seemed to play well, but does need more yards
    - The washington TD was a thing of beauty
    -Our run D was 100% ****e

But overall a lot of positives

The only thing I'm taking from it is another big lead blown. Is it a coaching issue, a fitness issue or concentration issue. Either way there is no excuse.

• Advertisement

Not surprised we lost to the Eagles.

Poor on D, Mett was decent but was given no protection at all.

Sacked 5 times, numerous hurries and hits. Lewan struggled early but got better as the game went on until injury.

Walker is immense, if he went down injured we'd get less than 100 yards per game.

We are gong to be top 3 picking surely, but at least we have a QB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Sacked 5 times, numerous hurries and hits. Lewan struggled early but got better as the game went on until injury.

Walker is immense, if he went down injured we'd get less than 100 yards per game.

Do you think Mett has enough about him to be a starter!? I know it's very early in a career to be deciding his worth but well, we all know that everyone expects immediate results!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Do you think Mett has enough about him to be a starter!? I know it's very early in a career to be deciding his worth but well, we all know that everyone expects immediate results!

Yep i think so, he put up over 300 yards and a couple of good TDs all while getting hammered, with a better line we make that game a very close contest

I don't know if we do. I didn't think the protection given to Mett was bad at all. In fact I thought it was good. It seemed to me that Mett was just completely indecisive. Thought he was taking far too long to release the ball.

to be honest with ye lads (and this is going off one game so perhaps Im stupid to even be commenting) yes ye are pretty bad right now but i think ye potentially have some nice pieces to build around a good draft and maby a player in free agency and ye are a prime bounce back candidate as far as I'm concerned (although the fear is that all 4 teams in the division look like they could be very good very soon)

what i saw from met yesterday (and i looked at all his throws vs the texans) ye can definitely be a starting nfl qb but i would imagine there will be a serious look taken at winston in particular in this draft he could change your franchise and give you a qb that can compete with luck (and i dont think met can ever get to that level)

anyway just said id pop in and give my two cents

I think the eagles corners did good coverage a lot which is why he was holding the ball a little longer, but there were a few plays one in particular which was a bootleg and as soon as Mett turned around the DE was on him, that cant be happening

even at this point i dont think we take a QB, not that im an expert but i think Mett is the QB that Whiz wants, some pieces on the o-line, a stud WR and i think we look a different team.

We can score points, i think the D needs a complete refurb!

In all credit to michael griffin, dislocated his shoulder had it popped back in in the locker room, came back out and played

I think the eagles corners did good coverage a lot which is why he was holding the ball a little longer, but there were a few plays one in particular which was a bootleg and as soon as Mett turned around the DE was on him, that cant be happening

never thought id hear this sentence be uttered :D

to be honest ye did a better job than most teams have against our pass rush we got a few sacks against ye but outside of them didn't pressure met as much as we normally would

never thought id hear this sentence be uttered :D

to be honest ye did a better job than most teams have against our pass rush we got a few sacks against ye but outside of them didn't pressure met as much as we normally would

They did enough to make Mett wait a bit longer, Delanie Walker is the safety blanket though, guy is a machine and our version of Gronk :p

• Advertisement

They did enough to make Mett wait a bit longer, Delanie Walker is the safety blanket though, guy is a machine and our version of Gronk :p

ya at one point one of our dbs (nate allen i think) had him cornered an was about to knock him into touch and he just lowered his head and went through him like he was not there fecking animal

ya at one point one of our dbs (nate allen i think) had him cornered an was about to knock him into touch and he just lowered his head and went through him like he was not there fecking animal

yeah, he's been our best FA acquisition in a long time, hes a guy who'd put up ridiculous numbers with a top level QB

I think we're worse than the jags...

Jags will beat us, tbh I'm more starting to think Jake could be good if the o line didn't force him run.

Mett is done for the season it seems. We have the 2nd overall pick at this point as well.

Our o line isn't getting better, locker will likely get killed too.

We're a proper mess.

At least with munch we were competitive

Jags will beat us, tbh I'm more starting to think Jake could be good if the o line didn't force him run.

Mett is done for the season it seems. We have the 2nd overall pick at this point as well.

Our o line isn't getting better, locker will likely get killed too.

We're a proper mess.

At least with munch we were competitive

I think we restructure Locker (if he'll take it) and draft best QB in the draft. We'll also need to look at O line in the draft. How the hell can we spend two first round picks on our O line and sign an expensive guard in FA for our line to be this bad.

I hope we lose out to give ourselves the best position in the draft for next year. This season was over 2 months ago.

We are that bad I don't know what we can do to make the team better, we need talent in all positions.

Im really not sure if Locker stays tbh, i would say Seattle would snap him up, he'd probably take a smaller deal to go home but who knows

O-line is awful, but you are right we have some many issues its a mammoth task..

WRs - Wright has under performed, hunter has been absent, Nate isnt getting younger.

TE's Walker has been immense, TT was ok til injury, Stevens is gone.

O-line. We lost our best line man and then his replacement became the best line man.
    If Roos comes back and wants to play RT then that would be great, Centre is ok, we need guards.

HB, sankey is ok but doesnt seem to have that ability to take it to the next level. We dont even use Battle at FB, we use our DE! Bring back Mooney, he was a great blocker.

Defense.. a lot of work

• Advertisement

Mett out for the rest of the season

yep not surprising, the biggest question now is what happens if locker plays well

Getting closer to that # 1 pick baby!!

Locker is just a big basket of pity now :(
    Feel very sorry for the guy, he had 3 games to try and get himself a back up job next year but instead he gets injured again

Kris Durham played ok
    Walker played well
    o-line was actually pretty decent bar the sack on Locker but tbh that may have been his fault

Jets O-line keps Geno safe for the most part.. well until Casey decked him :pac:

Almost won the game at the end..

I think the Jags will beat us

I think we need to lose these games. Draft Mariota (spelling) and take it from there. We drafted Met and he got injured instantly, and now he finishes the season on IR. I do not want to spend the next 4 years with another QB made out of glass.

I think we need to lose these games. Draft Mariota (spelling) and take it from there. We drafted Met and he got injured instantly, and now he finishes the season on IR. I do not want to spend the next 4 years with another QB made out of glass.

We'll lose both, sadly i cant see us beating the Jags.

I am not sold on Mariota, tbh i would prefer to keep Mett.

- if he tanks next year we get a good pick
    - if he doesnt then we have picked up play makers in this years draft to help the D

However, it does appear we cant keep any QB healthy which is pretty damn worrying

On a related note, very sad that Lockers last action as a titan was being carted off the field :(

• Advertisement

Seems Roos is open to coming back as the RT from report, that would be ace. We can bookend our line, Warmack has improved a bit the last few weeks.

Schwenke needs word but can be pretty solid, Levitre has been 100% awful

Beaten by the Jags... and well beaten at that.

Delanie Walker continues to play well, if we sort out our offensive line, Walker will put up great numbers.

Morgan had a good game, he's not a game changer but he always seems to get pressure on the QB, i hope we re-sign him.

I expect a massive clearout, Colts are going to smash us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Beaten by the Jags... and well beaten at that.

Welcome to our exclusive little club :rolleyes:

after such a pathetic season we don't even get the number 1 pick....

Keep faith.. Saints may not be bothered with their game!

Here's to 2015 and the Titans resurgence! Starting in September.. :(

Keep faith.. Saints may not be bothered with their game!

Here's to 2015 and the Titans resurgence! Starting in September.. :(

I've been waiting on this resurgence since Steven Mcnair left!!!

and happy xmas :P

Buccs Win. Best. Christmas. Ever.

Well that was a **** season.

A lot of chatter on the titans boards about us going for Suh, you're probably talking 15 million a year over 6 years for him.

Fairley could be a cheaper and less good option.

Need to look at the o-line, Bulaga for the packers is a FA but would likely be costly. tbh i would prefer to stick with Levitre, get a Centre and a RT to compete

We need a CB.

A probably a back up FS, I think Griffin stays though i think he's worried he'll be cut.

I think Pollard could be a goner and Wilson could start but hard to tell what they'll do here.

We need a lot of help at linebacker, a lot.
    wimbley is gone, Morgan i hope re-signs.

We need a HB, Greene came on late in the season, but it was too little too late for me.

We need so much its hard to prioritise what we need to concentrate on and what we should tackle in FA and what in the Draft. We need a great off season and we need to spent A LOT of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Ahahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
Advertisement