Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennessee Titans Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah they were awful and it's a big worry for the season, Mariota will get killed if the link doesn't do its job

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

a lot of shuffling around in practice yesterday, rumours that Levitre is close to be cut.

We have a lot of cap, sign Mathis and keep Levitre as backup omo

after not having a good QB for a while we now have 2..

Mariota should have had his first NFL TD last night but McCluster is making him wait.
    He was very good, moved around the pocket, he threw one pass which was high and should have been picked but it was just that bit too high for the DB

Mett was also very good, Coffman hauled in 2 TDs while the DBs picked off a pass for a TD to open the scoring.

The O-line was much improved, Levitre may have lost his starting job

Yalooks like ye have two genuine starters on your team could get a nice haul for ye

wont be traded, though we would get a good deal i'd imagine.

Titans QB like buses, no good ones for ages then 2 come along

wont be traded, though we would get a good deal i'd imagine.

Titans QB like buses, no good ones for ages then 2 come along

Will he be happy staying as a backup though or do u think thy will bench mariota for a year

Will he be happy staying as a backup though or do u think thy will bench mariota for a year

Mariota is the started and Whiz has made that clear.

I think its very possible Mariota will miss some time due to our line being horrendous but even then Mariota will be the starter once hes back

certainly nice to see some potential there anyway i think ye will have a high draft pick again this year but at least now the team has an identity and something really really solid to build around potentially

Sammie Hill is going to miss there first 3 games it seem due to knee issues, Al Woods has done pretty well in preseason so i dont have many concerns.
    Will see DaQuan Jones on the field more id say

Levitre traded for 2 picks. Shame it didn't work out

• Advertisement

Conditional 7th for Terrance West, not bad, he'll see snaps anyway.

Cobb to IR but can return

Mariota baby!!

158.3 perfect passer rating, though likely should have had 1 int. Some real pin point throws which was good to see, smart decisions, looking very well. Even drew the defense on a couple of hard counts which was impressive for a rookie.

Runing game was decent too, West should have had a TD, Sankey looked good, Poutasi mauled the DE on a few occasions in the run game but did give up a sack

It was a bonus not having to deal with Mike Evans but they CBs had little to do,

Pass rush was good, Morgan reaping the benefits of having Orakpo on the other side with 2 sacks, Casey with one.

Long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Mariota 1 - Winston 0..no matter what happens their gonna be linked throughout their careers

yeha agree, they will b compared for a very long time, so lets hope mariota still is coming out on top for years to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Can you bet on single NFL games in Ireland? Sports betting is not allowed where I live and is illegal to go online in order to bet. I see the Titans are favored by only 2 points over the Browns in Week 2. If I had the chance, I'd put some sizable money on the Titans to cover the spread.

Yep. Paddy power is your friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Yep. Paddy power is your friend
    Not my friend. :)

Paddy power won't let me create an account. I'm guessing they can tell from my ISP address that betting through them is illegal where I'm located.

easy ways around that, just check the last couple of pages of the gamepass thread

Well, what a poor performance

0-line was shocking, very little time for MM to do anything, go tbetter in the second half. Warmack injured too, likely out for a couple of weeks

Sankey and West were poor, with West fumbling, Dexter with a career high 98 yards

Fasano and DGB were decent, DGB with a great TD grab for his first nfl reception.

Defense was poor, Sensabaugh was roasted for both TDs and if it wasnt for Griffin he would have been done a third time.

The punt return was shocking.

Needs to be better next week

• Advertisement

at least the bye week is done now.

McCourty should back
    Warmack should be back

Our O-line is going to have some job stopping the Bills D from smashing Mariota..

Mount has tore his ACL, our LB depth takes another hit, should be a decent game against miami, expect Casey to be a wrecking ball again but if we are leading for the game and dont close it out... :mad:

Where to start

- Inept offense, Mariota made some good plays but the O-line got him killed
    - Schwenke broke his leg so is done for the seasons
    - The WRs made some good grabs when they had time to run their routes, DGB really flashes what we need.

Defense played ok in the pass game but horrifically bad in the run, going to be a long season

Good win against the saints

Not surprised we lost to the Panthers, they are a good team.

Mariota was pretty good in the first half, however McCluster was used too much against a very tough Carolina D line, assuming Mularkey wanted to use his speed, but use it to the outside man!

5 sacks, a high against the Panthers, the front 7 are the real deal, but McCourty is likely done for the season and Cox has been injured more than hes played.

Hunter is likely done for the season and with it being a short week, Wright may not be available.
    At this point we'll have DGB, Rico and McBride as the only WRs

I think we lose against the JAgs..

MCCourty and hunter to IR, expect Webb to be in the 53 for the game on thursday

Round up..

Webster fired
    Horton Gone

Jon Robinson is as GM
    Mularkey in as HC

A raft of new positional coaches, Dick Le Beau will stay as DC, Brian Robiskie will call the offensive plays.

Both Walker and Casey were alternates for the pro bowl, but now are going.

Expect a decent amount of guys to be cut
    Griffin counts about 7 million against the cap, so i expect him to go or take a sizeable cut

Could also see Sankey get chopped

Onwards to the draft & FA

• Advertisement

Busy few days

- Ben Jones - Guard/Centre
    - DeMarco Murray RB
    - Brice McCain CB
    - Rishard Matthews WR
    - Matt Cassel QB

Vasquez and Johnson visiting

Hard to know whats going on, could they potentially sign both and go for Bosa in the draft?

Bust day yesterday, given we exchanged 4ths with the eagles for demarco, he basically cost us nothing :cool:

Big ass trade, but the picks need to result in players who can make an impact

3 * 1sts over the next 2 drafts
    4 * 2nds over the next 2 drafts
    4 * 3rds over the next 2 drafts

Ballsy by the new GM, lets hope there's an impact this year

Tough schedule especially the 2nd half. Week 13 bye seems odd

but Griffin comes back to Nashville for his first game as a Viking, hopefully he gets a good reception

seems all our games bar our thursday night game and the chargers game will be 6pm irish time

Interesting couple of weeks with 3 trades

Move from 1 to 15
    Then from 15 up to 8
    Then move into the 5th round

Round 1
    Jack Conklin OT, maybe not the best tackle but the best RT anyway, should be a good mauler while still being able to pass protect.

Round 2 (1) Kevin Dodd DE, high motor guy and plays hard, will see time at OLB
    Round 2(2) Austin Johnson NT, we needed an NT and got one, while probably picked too soon he will also see significant snaps
    Round 2(3) Derrick Henry RB, some people wonder why we picked him however Jrob summed it up "teams are getting into the nickel a lot more, they are getting lighter to cover the pass D, we are going to be psychical and bully them"

Round 3 Kevin Byard FS, this was a logical pick, we need depth

Round 5 (1) Tajae Sharp WR, big tall WR but is lean and not hugely quick however runs exceptional routes and has good hands.

Round 5 (2) LeShaun Sims CB tall and quick and given McCourtys groin issues will see some action at some point

Round 6 Sebastian Tretola G, read up on this guy and he is a complete and utter wrecking machine in the run game but needs work on his pass protection

Round 7 (1) Aaron Wallace LB, played with miles jack.. better knees

Round 7 (2) Kalan Reed CB This pick seems to be getting a lot of love

All in all i think a good draft if there a couple of question marks over the trade values and Henry.

• Advertisement

Walker signs a 2 year extension . Great news . He's getting a 3 million a year raise for the next 3 years.

String comments from jrob about guys getting paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

What do you think Heli? does Mett have the brain power (nevermind ability) to realise what an opportunity he has working with Rivers and Whiz in SD or is there a good chance he will blow it?

Leslie91 wrote: »
    What do you think Heli? does Mett have the brain power (nevermind ability) to realise what an opportunity he has working with Rivers and Whiz in SD or is there a good chance he will blow it?

He's clearly the back up in SD, I think he was pissed off when we drafted Mariot and it affected him.

He has the skills, a canon arm but can be inaccurate. He also needs a line that will keep his face out of the dirt.

I hope he does well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

He's clearly the back up in SD, I think he was pissed off when we drafted Mariot and it affected him.

He has the skills, a canon arm but can be inaccurate. He also needs a line that will keep his face out of the dirt.

I hope he does well

I hope he beats out Clemens. Would be great to have a young guy with upside behind & learning from Philip. He might even be the longterm replacement for Philip who I reckon has max 3 more yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Byron Bell is out for the year. Heli, is that much of a loss?

serviceable at both guard and tackle. Would have pushed for the LG spot so a big hit to depth anyway, just removes another veteran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

I've a good feeling about this year. Some good additions brought in.

Henry is absolutely enormous, just watching some of the practice sessions today and against the TEs even some of the DE's he looks bloody enormous.

Andre seems to be impression aswell

By most accounts the defense has been pretty good in camp.

Conklin has been pretty good, not really getting beat unless its a double team

Tajae sharp has been top notch by all accounts.

DGB has been called out by Mularkey again for not being good enough

Averaging 10 yards per carry.. exotic smashmouth!

Great run by Murray for his TD, with an excellent block by DGB

Henry when he came in just ran over and through people.

O-line was ok, Conklin played well.

Run defense by the 1sts was awful, concerning

Kevin Byard picked off the Mett.. guy is a ball hawk

• Advertisement

10 minutes till ko versus the Panthers. Tis my first time watching the team this season and I am really excited to see how the OL and running backs perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

7-0 panthers. Ted ginn Jr. getting a nice TD. The commentators said that he was part of a 4 x 100 relay team that beat one usian bolt was on.

So the exotic part of exotic smash mouth is a fancy handoff ? I liked it until mariota throws the INT.

Wtf was Mariota doing that time? Free WR on the opposite side of the field and he tosses it forward.

Great defense there with Panthers having to punt it.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Wtf was Mariota doing that time? Free WR on the opposite side of the field and he tosses it forward.

He saw something that wasn't actually there I'm guessing. And it was a shame as the Titans had a nice drive going. Nice play by the Titans defense to get the three and out.

Love the look of Tajea Sharpe (think thats the spelling) He could be a vital player as the season unveils.

The defence are having a great showing atm but the offense are really disappointing so far.

Sharpe is going to be a very good WR.

Shame about the int but long wag to go

• Advertisement

Good point made by Charles Davis(the commentator) about the Titans giving up 3 points BUT only giving up 3 points. The defense is looking good so far for the Titans.

Advertisement