Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennessee Titans Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

It is actually a very interesting division now.

Houston have wins on the board but are arguably the worst of the three in contention. But wins on the board,
    The Colts are arguably done if they lose this weekend, They have three division games in their building, and if they win those three matches, they would be favourites.
    The Titans are flying, but really need to come out of their next two games (@IND, @CHI, v DEN, @KC) 2-2 at worst.

If they are 7-7 going into a trip to Jacksonville and a home game against the Texans, I would fancy them to win out for the division.

Nice progress though this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

D9Male wrote: »

Houston have wins on the board but are arguably the worst of the three in contention. But wins on the board,
    The Colts are arguably done if they lose this weekend, They have three division games in their building, and if they win those three matches, they would be favourites.
    The Titans are flying, but really need to come out of their next two games (@IND, @CHI, v DEN, @KC) 2-2 at worst.

If they are 7-7 going into a trip to Jacksonville and a home game against the Texans, I would fancy them to win out for the division.

Win this weekend and I think they can go 3-1 but winning this weekend is key to hurt the Colts too, I don't like Denver's chances of stopping Murray. But definite progress being made. One of my best mates is from Tennessee and has season tickets in his family, am hoping to get over to a game in the coming year and with Marriota there I think they'll be contending.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Going to be a really interesting game this weekend, the Colts coming in rested but the Titans so so good last weekend.

There's some honest talk from the players, they know if they lose this the season is done. They need to win and make a statement, they've never beaten Luck.

D9Male wrote: »

Titans have the tougher schedule but are playing the best in the division i think, but Denver and KC are going to be tough games.

A win against the Colts, Bears and one of the other 2 would be pretty good.

Ideally we would get to the last game of the season against the Texans and it's winner takes all, but we'll see, still a lot of football to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Haven't been on here in a while, to busy crying about how good that GB performance was!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Well F*** that anyway. Damn Colts and silly mistakes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yup, the stop on 4th and 1 was a killer, but you cannot let Luck out to a 21-0 lead, always going to be tough to climb.

Looks like Cox will be benched this week

yup, the stop on 4th and 1 was a killer, but you cannot let Luck out to a 21-0 lead, always going to be tough to climb.

Looks like Cox will be benched this week

that's true alright, struggled moving the ball. Murray wasn't as fluid as normal and Marriotta missed some easy reads and passes.

Perrish cox released, that is a statement by Jrob and a welcome one

Cheeseheads came up big last night.

Hoepfully the jets kick ass tonight..

Next weeks game for the colts/texans is massive

• Advertisement

Big win last night.

It wasnt pretty but there was a gameplan and we kept the ball in our hands and got it done.

Secondary did well until the 4th Q but the D line did very well, kept the pressure on.

We can get to the playoffs, just need to win out :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Titans V Texans shaping up to be the decider?

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Titans V Texans shaping up to be the decider?

Certainly looking that way. But Texans division record is better so titans have to win 1 more

Certainly looking that way. But Texans division record is better so titans have to win 1 more

Yeah for the titans I think a Colts win yesterday would have been better. Colts have to travel next two before their handy home one against the Jags.

Hard to know though Osweiller is terrible so there is a chance the Texans choke in one of the next two giving the Titans a chance to close it out at home.

I think the Titans lose to Kansas next time out.

Yeah for the titans I think a Colts win yesterday would have been better. Colts have to travel next two before their handy home one against the Jags.

Hard to know though Osweiller is terrible so there is a chance the Texans choke in one of the next two giving the Titans a chance to close it out at home.

I think the Titans lose to Kansas next time out.

Yeah me too, need to hope the texans lose 2 then, assuming they beat the Jags and then lose to the Bengals and Titans

Yeah me too, need to hope the texans lose 2 then, assuming they beat the Jags and then lose to the Bengals and Titans

I think the Bengals could do you a favour. Although I wouldnt bet agains the JAgs either. Strange team with some good players at times.

• Advertisement

Wow, balls to the wall win right there.

Broncos, Chiefs, 2 "easy" games left, need to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭coco0981

Texans are playing nowhere near the level of the titans right now. Think ye should top the division

Apart from Luck don't think the colts are good enough

Colts can win out and take the division even if the Titans do the same.

I expect the Colts to lose one of their final 2 Bengals/Raiders.

Titans are relevant(ish) again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭coco0981

Colts can win out and take the division even if the Titans do the same.

I expect the Colts to lose one of their final 2 Bengals/Raiders.

Titans are relevant(ish) again :D

The Colts are a game back on ye and the Texans so if ye win out ye take the division. Titans are clearly the best team in the division as the moment

• Advertisement

coco1981 wrote: »
    The Colts are a game back on ye and the Texans so if ye win out ye take the division. Titans are clearly the best team in the division as the moment

Jaysus I was sure it was a 3 way tie

Unreal win yesterday. To go for it on the 2 point conversion make such a f*** of it and then pull ouot the win anyway, unreal.

ballsy move, seems the view was

Score 2 - make them pass when our defense was on top
    Don't score 2 - Make them go conservative and get the ball back.

Very risky given we had no timeouts left, a 1st down wins the game for them.

ballsy move, seems the view was

Score 2 - make them pass when our defense was on top
    Don't score 2 - Make them go conservative and get the ball back.

Very risky given we had no timeouts left, a 1st down wins the game for them.

Part of me thinks he was thinking, well we werent expected to win this one anyway. I dont want 15 mins more of bashing against this defence as I have a game I can win next week.

Either way inspired and ironic that Succop kicks the winner after being a chief formerly. Will have enjoyed that. He's been rock solid from 45 in and that was a big kick for him yesterday. also Ironic the attempt to freeze him allowed him the sighter he needed.

Part of me thinks he was thinking, well we werent expected to win this one anyway. I dont want 15 mins more of bashing against this defence as I have a game I can win next week.

Either way inspired and ironic that Succop kicks the winner after being a chief formerly. Will have enjoyed that. He's been rock solid from 45 in and that was a big kick for him yesterday. also Ironic the attempt to freeze him allowed him the sighter he needed.

havent seen the coaches film yet, but it didnt look like it cleared the bar by all that much

havent seen the coaches film yet, but it didnt look like it cleared the bar by all that much

Well the first one fell short.

Once it cleared the bar thats all that matters

Well the first one fell short.

Once it cleared the bar thats all that matters

Game of inches and that was very true on the kick id say.

It's been some turnaround this year, Mularkey has surprised so many people

He's done a great job this year.

f****n tiitans

Post combine..

I expect the Titans to trade out of the number 5 pick

So i expect first round to be Defense and then a TE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Post combine..

I expect the Titans to trade out of the number 5 pick

So i expect first round to be Defense and then a TE

Yeah, I think today would be an important day for your GM watching the DB's. I think CB is the Titans biggest need. With the 5th pick, the Titans can get Lattimore. Thing is if Robinson doesn't like the pick, he can as you say trade out of 5th overall, and pick one later on as it's a very deep CB class, particularly around the 20th to 40th. There is good CB's like Tabor, Jones, Wilson, Conley, Humphrey, etc. there

letowski wrote: »
    Yeah, I think today would be an important day for your GM watching the DB's. I think CB is the Titans biggest need. With the 5th pick, the Titans can get Lattimore. Thing is if Robinson doesn't like the pick, he can as you say trade out of 5th overall, and pick one later on as it's a very deep CB class, particularly around the 20th to 40th. There is good CB's like Tabor, Jones, Wilson, Conley, Humphrey, etc. there

tbh, i dont think we'll see the Titans go DB until the 2nd round.

The view is they will address it primarily in FA with Bouye and Kirkpatrick

Titans WR Harry Douglas and S Da'norris searcy have both taken chunky pay cuts of around 2 million dollars each.

assume J-mac didnt fancy taking it which is why hes gone

Good draft imo.

Corey Davis provides a big bodied and quick outside WR, assuming he's no ill effects from his injury.

Adoree Jackson adds to the CB position, lightning quick and agile, but pretty small.

Jayon Brown LB is my pick of the rest to make a big impression.

Jrob has made some changes to the staff with the Director of Scouting Blake Bedingfield moving on after i think nearly 20 years with the titans

Matt Cassel has broke his thumb and requires surgery, there is some rumours that the Titans might look at Kaep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tennessee is probably the last place that would welcome Kaepernick

Hazys wrote: »
    Tennessee is probably the last place that would welcome Kaepernick

Yep, i dont see it happen and the rumours seemed to die out pretty quick, we may go with Tanney but wouldnt be surprised to see us get someone in

Mariota has 3 years left on his rookie deal, including his 5th year option, however i expect him to be signed..

I reckon a shade under 29 million per year :pac:

Titans finally signed Corey Davis on the first day of training camp, so will see him on the field today.

Eric Decker looked damn smooth out there, as this Taywan Taylor who got a lot of first team reps.

Tajae Sharpe is looking bigger than last year but will be on the PUP list, perhaps to do with the assault stuff.

Tretola released and Casey gets a new contract

• Advertisement

I've started a Titans Irish fan page on Facebook. Myself and my brother run it and we update it daily.
    https://www.facebook.com/titansinireland/

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    I've started a Titans Irish fan page on Facebook. Myself and my brother run it and we update it daily.
    https://www.facebook.com/titansinireland/

So.. it'll be me you and your brother :)

So.. it'll be me you and your brother :)

We've 28 likes so far including 4 Irish people!!

Good first team outing against the Panthers.

Mariota had a good roll out, he's moving damn well.

Henry had a tough time, but got over for 2 TD's the dude is just huge.
    Jonnu Smith i think is our #2 Te no questions, he's had a 2 solid games and i expect him to get a lot of time in the next game.

WR's are fine but we should be a lot better once Decker and Davis are out there.

Jayon Brown.. he is going to get a lot of time this season, he's been killing it in games and in practice.

Adoree Jackson returned a punt, he's gonna do some damage and while he may not start at corner i think he'll be there after a few games.

and Kalan Reed.. he'll be 5th corner but he's playing damn well

Petty dire game last night.

Mariota and the run game were poor, the o-line was very poor and Lewan gave away a couple of stupid penalties. Conklin got bulldozed a couple of times too.

WR's were ok, Walker making a couple of good catches.

Adoree got left on an island, fine during pre-season but credit to him, he got beat a few times but he was stuck to his man and the catches were good catches rather than him being lost.

But the decision to play Mariota so much was not good.

The Bears game was sickening. Turned it off after the start of the 4th.

• Advertisement

On the plus side while Decker/Davis may not play at all (hoepfully a few snaps) on Thursday, they'll likely be ready to go for the Raiders

Thinking ahead to next year..
    Titans play the corresponding finishing team in the AFC east.. So hopefully its a Titans/Pats winning combo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Thinking ahead to next year..
    Titans play the corresponding finishing team in the AFC east.. So hopefully its a Titans/Pats winning combo

What, so you mean you didnt love the epic battles the Jets/Titans have had over the last few years :pac::pac:

phatkev wrote: »
    What, so you mean you didnt love the epic battles the Jets/Titans have had over the last few years :pac::pac:

Myself and the wife have been no NYC loads, so here decision on an NFL trip is Boston.. so just need both to do what they do and win the division!

Beaten by a pretty good Raiders team.

I liked the onside kick, it was ****ing ballsy, the problem was that was about as much balls as we showed all game.
    Matthews impressed early on, Decker wasnt great with some timing issues between him and Mariota.

Murray looked pretty poor bar one run, Henry went in and did well, i would have kept him in tbh.

Davis was quite good, we should have sent the ball to him a lot more, he looked very sharpe.

Taywan Taylor also looked good.

Adoree got targetted as expected, but he did pretty good i felt, shutting down amari cooper is gonna be tough but he put himself in the good positions to make the plays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement