Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

we'll have a good season

I hate to be that guy, but in my opinion as long as Mike Mularkey is in charge there wont be too many of those seasons. He'll be the death of Mariota!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

phatkev wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy, but in my opinion as long as Mike Mularkey is in charge there wont be too many of those seasons. He'll be the death of Mariota!

that will be the o-line! if we do end up with 1/2 wins.. i still dont see them getting rid, he's going to be here for at least 2 seasons imo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Best 2 drives of the last 2 games have been when Titans need a TD for a win/draw in the last 2 minutes.

Our play calling for the rest of the game is bloody terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

I'm confident about tonight.

Mariota isnt playing well again, but run game and D getting it done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Didnt get to see any of game bar the fuller return. Can you do a v brief summary?

Pretty terrible tbh!

Both offenses struggled but, Titans CBs kept Hopkins quiet enough, mariota was pretty inaccurate.

Titans run game is the best thing we've been doing but we're too predictable .

Fuller was a real handful, real speedster

Special team coordinator fired.

Get rid of robiskie too.our best performing position is defense and DLB is ancient

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Special team coordinator fired.

Bobby April was the ST coach for the Jets last year and I'm pretty sure it was the worst ST unit in the league! I couldn't believe it that he got picked up so soon after being fired last season

• Advertisement

sacrificial lamb..

:D:D:D

nice to get a win but dolphins were awful.

The recipe is there.. get into a lead, run the ball and let the pass rushers loose

Titans players and coaches have been saying the last couple of days they arent underestimating the browns, they've beaten us the last 2 years and last year was with Johnny Football.. hopefully they put that demon to rest and get the win..

My heart. Special teams ffs.

22 yards of offense until the last 2 browns drives in the 2nd half.. ST is just awful.

We wont be able to pull that **** against Luck

DeMarco Murray
    In 15 games w #Eagles: 193 carries, 702 yds, 6 TDs.
    In 8 games w #Titans: 160 carries, 756 yds, 6 TDs

Henry just steamrolled the Jags D last time, great to watch

Some really good performances over the last week weeks.

Mariota is becoming a surgeon on the field, its great to see.

Secondary is still pretty poor.

I think a win against the Colts next week puts us in a good position for the division.

The final regular season game against the texans is looking like the decider

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Going to be a really interesting game this weekend, the Colts coming in rested but the Titans so so good last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

It is actually a very interesting division now.

Houston have wins on the board but are arguably the worst of the three in contention. But wins on the board,
    The Colts are arguably done if they lose this weekend, They have three division games in their building, and if they win those three matches, they would be favourites.
    The Titans are flying, but really need to come out of their next two games (@IND, @CHI, v DEN, @KC) 2-2 at worst.

If they are 7-7 going into a trip to Jacksonville and a home game against the Texans, I would fancy them to win out for the division.

Nice progress though this year.

D9Male wrote: »

Houston have wins on the board but are arguably the worst of the three in contention. But wins on the board,
    The Colts are arguably done if they lose this weekend, They have three division games in their building, and if they win those three matches, they would be favourites.
    The Titans are flying, but really need to come out of their next two games (@IND, @CHI, v DEN, @KC) 2-2 at worst.

If they are 7-7 going into a trip to Jacksonville and a home game against the Texans, I would fancy them to win out for the division.

Win this weekend and I think they can go 3-1 but winning this weekend is key to hurt the Colts too, I don't like Denver's chances of stopping Murray. But definite progress being made. One of my best mates is from Tennessee and has season tickets in his family, am hoping to get over to a game in the coming year and with Marriota there I think they'll be contending.

Going to be a really interesting game this weekend, the Colts coming in rested but the Titans so so good last weekend.

There's some honest talk from the players, they know if they lose this the season is done. They need to win and make a statement, they've never beaten Luck.

D9Male wrote: »

Titans have the tougher schedule but are playing the best in the division i think, but Denver and KC are going to be tough games.

A win against the Colts, Bears and one of the other 2 would be pretty good.

Ideally we would get to the last game of the season against the Texans and it's winner takes all, but we'll see, still a lot of football to play

Haven't been on here in a while, to busy crying about how good that GB performance was!!!

Well F*** that anyway. Damn Colts and silly mistakes.

yup, the stop on 4th and 1 was a killer, but you cannot let Luck out to a 21-0 lead, always going to be tough to climb.

Looks like Cox will be benched this week

yup, the stop on 4th and 1 was a killer, but you cannot let Luck out to a 21-0 lead, always going to be tough to climb.

Looks like Cox will be benched this week

that's true alright, struggled moving the ball. Murray wasn't as fluid as normal and Marriotta missed some easy reads and passes.

Perrish cox released, that is a statement by Jrob and a welcome one

Cheeseheads came up big last night.

Hoepfully the jets kick ass tonight..

Next weeks game for the colts/texans is massive

• Advertisement

Big win last night.

It wasnt pretty but there was a gameplan and we kept the ball in our hands and got it done.

Secondary did well until the 4th Q but the D line did very well, kept the pressure on.

We can get to the playoffs, just need to win out :eek:

Advertisement