Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Titans V Texans shaping up to be the decider?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Titans V Texans shaping up to be the decider?

Certainly looking that way. But Texans division record is better so titans have to win 1 more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Certainly looking that way. But Texans division record is better so titans have to win 1 more

Yeah for the titans I think a Colts win yesterday would have been better. Colts have to travel next two before their handy home one against the Jags.

Hard to know though Osweiller is terrible so there is a chance the Texans choke in one of the next two giving the Titans a chance to close it out at home.

I think the Titans lose to Kansas next time out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah for the titans I think a Colts win yesterday would have been better. Colts have to travel next two before their handy home one against the Jags.

Hard to know though Osweiller is terrible so there is a chance the Texans choke in one of the next two giving the Titans a chance to close it out at home.

I think the Titans lose to Kansas next time out.

Yeah me too, need to hope the texans lose 2 then, assuming they beat the Jags and then lose to the Bengals and Titans

Yeah me too, need to hope the texans lose 2 then, assuming they beat the Jags and then lose to the Bengals and Titans

I think the Bengals could do you a favour. Although I wouldnt bet agains the JAgs either. Strange team with some good players at times.

• Advertisement

Wow, balls to the wall win right there.

Broncos, Chiefs, 2 "easy" games left, need to win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Texans are playing nowhere near the level of the titans right now. Think ye should top the division

Apart from Luck don't think the colts are good enough

Colts can win out and take the division even if the Titans do the same.

I expect the Colts to lose one of their final 2 Bengals/Raiders.

Titans are relevant(ish) again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Colts can win out and take the division even if the Titans do the same.

I expect the Colts to lose one of their final 2 Bengals/Raiders.

Titans are relevant(ish) again :D

The Colts are a game back on ye and the Texans so if ye win out ye take the division. Titans are clearly the best team in the division as the moment

• Advertisement

coco1981 wrote: »
    The Colts are a game back on ye and the Texans so if ye win out ye take the division. Titans are clearly the best team in the division as the moment

Jaysus I was sure it was a 3 way tie

Unreal win yesterday. To go for it on the 2 point conversion make such a f*** of it and then pull ouot the win anyway, unreal.

ballsy move, seems the view was

Score 2 - make them pass when our defense was on top
    Don't score 2 - Make them go conservative and get the ball back.

Very risky given we had no timeouts left, a 1st down wins the game for them.

ballsy move, seems the view was

Score 2 - make them pass when our defense was on top
    Don't score 2 - Make them go conservative and get the ball back.

Very risky given we had no timeouts left, a 1st down wins the game for them.

Part of me thinks he was thinking, well we werent expected to win this one anyway. I dont want 15 mins more of bashing against this defence as I have a game I can win next week.

Either way inspired and ironic that Succop kicks the winner after being a chief formerly. Will have enjoyed that. He's been rock solid from 45 in and that was a big kick for him yesterday. also Ironic the attempt to freeze him allowed him the sighter he needed.

Part of me thinks he was thinking, well we werent expected to win this one anyway. I dont want 15 mins more of bashing against this defence as I have a game I can win next week.

Either way inspired and ironic that Succop kicks the winner after being a chief formerly. Will have enjoyed that. He's been rock solid from 45 in and that was a big kick for him yesterday. also Ironic the attempt to freeze him allowed him the sighter he needed.

havent seen the coaches film yet, but it didnt look like it cleared the bar by all that much

havent seen the coaches film yet, but it didnt look like it cleared the bar by all that much

Well the first one fell short.

Once it cleared the bar thats all that matters

Well the first one fell short.

Once it cleared the bar thats all that matters

Game of inches and that was very true on the kick id say.

It's been some turnaround this year, Mularkey has surprised so many people

He's done a great job this year.

f****n tiitans

Post combine..

I expect the Titans to trade out of the number 5 pick

So i expect first round to be Defense and then a TE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

Post combine..

I expect the Titans to trade out of the number 5 pick

So i expect first round to be Defense and then a TE

Yeah, I think today would be an important day for your GM watching the DB's. I think CB is the Titans biggest need. With the 5th pick, the Titans can get Lattimore. Thing is if Robinson doesn't like the pick, he can as you say trade out of 5th overall, and pick one later on as it's a very deep CB class, particularly around the 20th to 40th. There is good CB's like Tabor, Jones, Wilson, Conley, Humphrey, etc. there

letowski wrote: »
    Yeah, I think today would be an important day for your GM watching the DB's. I think CB is the Titans biggest need. With the 5th pick, the Titans can get Lattimore. Thing is if Robinson doesn't like the pick, he can as you say trade out of 5th overall, and pick one later on as it's a very deep CB class, particularly around the 20th to 40th. There is good CB's like Tabor, Jones, Wilson, Conley, Humphrey, etc. there

tbh, i dont think we'll see the Titans go DB until the 2nd round.

The view is they will address it primarily in FA with Bouye and Kirkpatrick

Titans WR Harry Douglas and S Da'norris searcy have both taken chunky pay cuts of around 2 million dollars each.

assume J-mac didnt fancy taking it which is why hes gone

Good draft imo.

Corey Davis provides a big bodied and quick outside WR, assuming he's no ill effects from his injury.

Adoree Jackson adds to the CB position, lightning quick and agile, but pretty small.

Jayon Brown LB is my pick of the rest to make a big impression.

Jrob has made some changes to the staff with the Director of Scouting Blake Bedingfield moving on after i think nearly 20 years with the titans

Matt Cassel has broke his thumb and requires surgery, there is some rumours that the Titans might look at Kaep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tennessee is probably the last place that would welcome Kaepernick

Hazys wrote: »
    Tennessee is probably the last place that would welcome Kaepernick

Yep, i dont see it happen and the rumours seemed to die out pretty quick, we may go with Tanney but wouldnt be surprised to see us get someone in

Mariota has 3 years left on his rookie deal, including his 5th year option, however i expect him to be signed..

I reckon a shade under 29 million per year :pac:

Titans finally signed Corey Davis on the first day of training camp, so will see him on the field today.

Eric Decker looked damn smooth out there, as this Taywan Taylor who got a lot of first team reps.

Tajae Sharpe is looking bigger than last year but will be on the PUP list, perhaps to do with the assault stuff.

Tretola released and Casey gets a new contract

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

I've started a Titans Irish fan page on Facebook. Myself and my brother run it and we update it daily.
    https://www.facebook.com/titansinireland/

Advertisement