Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    I've started a Titans Irish fan page on Facebook. Myself and my brother run it and we update it daily.
    https://www.facebook.com/titansinireland/

So.. it'll be me you and your brother :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

So.. it'll be me you and your brother :)

We've 28 likes so far including 4 Irish people!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Good first team outing against the Panthers.

Mariota had a good roll out, he's moving damn well.

Henry had a tough time, but got over for 2 TD's the dude is just huge.
    Jonnu Smith i think is our #2 Te no questions, he's had a 2 solid games and i expect him to get a lot of time in the next game.

WR's are fine but we should be a lot better once Decker and Davis are out there.

Jayon Brown.. he is going to get a lot of time this season, he's been killing it in games and in practice.

Adoree Jackson returned a punt, he's gonna do some damage and while he may not start at corner i think he'll be there after a few games.

and Kalan Reed.. he'll be 5th corner but he's playing damn well

Petty dire game last night.

Mariota and the run game were poor, the o-line was very poor and Lewan gave away a couple of stupid penalties. Conklin got bulldozed a couple of times too.

WR's were ok, Walker making a couple of good catches.

Adoree got left on an island, fine during pre-season but credit to him, he got beat a few times but he was stuck to his man and the catches were good catches rather than him being lost.

But the decision to play Mariota so much was not good.

The Bears game was sickening. Turned it off after the start of the 4th.

• Advertisement

On the plus side while Decker/Davis may not play at all (hoepfully a few snaps) on Thursday, they'll likely be ready to go for the Raiders

Thinking ahead to next year..
    Titans play the corresponding finishing team in the AFC east.. So hopefully its a Titans/Pats winning combo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Thinking ahead to next year..
    Titans play the corresponding finishing team in the AFC east.. So hopefully its a Titans/Pats winning combo

What, so you mean you didnt love the epic battles the Jets/Titans have had over the last few years :pac::pac:

phatkev wrote: »
    What, so you mean you didnt love the epic battles the Jets/Titans have had over the last few years :pac::pac:

Myself and the wife have been no NYC loads, so here decision on an NFL trip is Boston.. so just need both to do what they do and win the division!

Beaten by a pretty good Raiders team.

I liked the onside kick, it was ****ing ballsy, the problem was that was about as much balls as we showed all game.
    Matthews impressed early on, Decker wasnt great with some timing issues between him and Mariota.

Murray looked pretty poor bar one run, Henry went in and did well, i would have kept him in tbh.

Davis was quite good, we should have sent the ball to him a lot more, he looked very sharpe.

Taywan Taylor also looked good.

Adoree got targetted as expected, but he did pretty good i felt, shutting down amari cooper is gonna be tough but he put himself in the good positions to make the plays.

• Advertisement

Jags had a good display, gonna be a tough game next week.

Good win yesterday, Murray being pulled/injured was the best thing that happened.
    Henry came in and steamrolled everyone.
    Credit to the Jags DBs they kept a pretty good cover on the Titans WRs.

Would expect to see a lot more Henry going forward.
    Delanie was his usual self, Taywan Taylor also did well.
    O-line wasnt great but limited the Jags to one sack.

Adoree Jackson was pretty good, his PR helped turn the momentum.

Good win yesterday, Murray being pulled/injured was the best thing that happened.
    Henry came in and steamrolled everyone.
    Credit to the Jags DBs they kept a pretty good cover on the Titans WRs.

Would expect to see a lot more Henry going forward.
    Delanie was his usual self, Taywan Taylor also did well.
    O-line wasnt great but limited the Jags to one sack.

Adoree Jackson was pretty good, his PR helped turn the momentum.

Massive win. Taywan, Jonnu, Adoree and Derrick looked mighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Well played lads, any team that puts up 33 on our D is always going to win, should have had another TD too, the one that was wiped off was very soft.

As long as you beat the rest of our division now!

Yeah i was expecting a really tough game and thats what it was. Didnt expect so many points.

Wilson was so elusive and made some great throws as he got tackled.

Titans are methodical in their offensive, they loosed things up and then the big plays came, I don't think Shermans hit on Mariota helped either, Titans offense was proper fired up after that.
    On the hit, i think it was borderline, both players are moving so fast that its hard to make a call either way. Lewan didnt like it but at least he was smart and didnt get himself ejected. They talked some **** to each other through and at the end of the game.

in the first half the run blocking wasnt great, youre d-line got into the backfield a lot.

I was at the same fixture 4 years ago in Seattle, Titans are like night and day compared to then.

So 2-1.

I think if we play the Raiders this week we'd win.

Demarco and Henry pounded the Seahawks, Demarco was the beneficiary this week and broke off a great run. Likewise on Sharpes run it was the a result of good running before hand, great blocking by Fowler and Supernaw respectively.

Adoree has had 2 returns called back now which is ****, but he's such a danger. The secondary has been pretty damn good, the Hawks got a lot of yardage while we played soft and let them chase the game.

Rak and Morgan are getting the QB and while they didnt get to Wilson they put him under a lot of pressure.

Our o-line the last 2 games has just been beastly, 2 great defense and they've manhandled them.

It's clear now that the Titans are "starting slow" there's a game plan there which means that later in the game things become more open.

Still counting on the Pats/Titans finishing as division winners and a trip to Boston for their game next year

Lots of speculation Mariota is done for the year, and the clamour for Kaep is getting loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Lots of speculation Mariota is done for the year, and the clamour for Kaep is getting loud!

Just on his Hamstring or is it something else?

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Just on his Hamstring or is it something else?

with the hammy, i mean if he misses 6-8 weeks our season is done

A day after the game, doesnt get better.

Watson was asked if alabamas defense was better than the Titans, he said he'd say the Titans were better only because they were an NFL team.

Shocking defense which only got worse when Mariota got injured

• Advertisement

Reasonable chance Mariota plays Sunday imo

No surprise we were beaten.

The OPI for the Walker TD was shocking, that type of stuff is flagged once in 100 games and then on the play Cassells hand is moving forward and the play is dead yet they say it was a fumble and give the TD, ****ing joke.

I'm sorry but Kaep wins us that game

Very important win loss for the Texans. Just a shame we lost to the Fins or we'd be a full game clear.

Looking at the schedule i can see the Jags winning their next 5. Regardless of who's at QB for the Ravens, we have to get the win.

Was a good win against the Bengals. The offense spluttered on occasion, but the defense bar the Green TD played very well.

I expect us to open the passing game fully on Thursday, won't be watching it live, but i do expect a shootout, one that we can win.

O-line is worrying though, they got manhandled and need to buck up.

Some real ugly wins this season, but they are wins and they are games we'd have lost over the last number of years.

the D is consistent, Casey is saying bend and dont break, i think our run D is 3rd or 4th best, so its getting teams to pass on us. We've given up amongst the fewest 20+ yard plays.

Offense is still a major worry, Mariota is just now throwing the ball well. He's not stepping into throws though to his credit he was more accurate last night.

Run game was better but its also inflated by an 80 yard garbage run.

Well that was a very ugly loss.
    Run game not effective and the pocket kept collapsing was LEwan went down.

A miscommunication on the Matthews int, but Mariota has been poor all season, not really sure what is going on, but i think we could be at risk now of missing the play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Well that was a very ugly loss.
    Run game not effective and the pocket kept collapsing was LEwan went down.

A miscommunication on the Matthews int, but Mariota has been poor all season, not really sure what is going on, but i think we could be at risk now of missing the play offs.

Luckily the AFC is pretty poor overall, win at the 49ers next week should clinch a playoff spot for the Titans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

How has Corey Davis looked? Any hope of him being the Titan's WR1 of the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Mariota has been poor all season, not really sure what is going on

Mike Mularkey is whats going on, I've been saying it for a while now, he's ruining Mariota

• Advertisement

Luckily the AFC is pretty poor overall, win at the 49ers next week should clinch a playoff spot for the Titans.

We can limit the 49'ers to not many points, but at this stage our offence is so bad we might not score.
    Tristram wrote: »
    How has Corey Davis looked? Any hope of him being the Titan's WR1 of the future?

He's made some good catches, should have had a couple of TDs. His injury i think is still an issue.

Advertisement