Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

We can limit the 49'ers to not many points, but at this stage our offence is so bad we might not score.

He's made some good catches, should have had a couple of TDs. His injury i think is still an issue.

The run game can beat the 49ers. Marriota hasnt been the same since the hamstring injury, i'd say he's not 100% still.

Surely the Titans handle the 49ers though and at 9-5 they are all but into the playoffs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The run game can beat the 49ers. Marriota hasnt been the same since the hamstring injury, i'd say he's not 100% still.

Surely the Titans handle the 49ers though and at 9-5 they are all but into the playoffs.

potentially, but our run game hasnt been all that good, bar in the 4th Q

potentially, but our run game hasnt been all that good, bar in the 4th Q

2nd most TD's rushing , 10th overall in yards and 5th in yards per attempt.

Against a San Fran defence that ranks 25th and allows over 120 per game on the ground.

I think you have a distinct advantage here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

2nd most TD's rushing , 10th overall in yards and 5th in yards per attempt.

Against a San Fran defence that ranks 25th and allows over 120 per game on the ground.

I think you have a distinct advantage here.

3 of Henrys TD's have come on last play of the game type scenarios where hes busted out 80 yard TDs that have inflated his stats.

Murray has had a injury hampered season though he has looked a bit better.

tbh the issue is because our passing has been so awful, we are running that much more so teams sell out on the on the pass the stop the run, but we cant make them pay. Henry had i think 5 runs for negative yardage on Sunday

3 of Henrys TD's have come on last play of the game type scenarios where hes busted out 80 yard TDs that have inflated his stats.

Murray has had a injury hampered season though he has looked a bit better.

tbh the issue is because our passing has been so awful, we are running that much more so teams sell out on the on the pass the stop the run, but we cant make them pay. Henry had i think 5 runs for negative yardage on Sunday

Marriotta needs to be better no doubt about it. He hasnt been the same since that hamstring injury, I wonder is it still bothering him. There were a couple of good QB reads last week but Arizona are under rated IMO. Problem for the Titans is the stalling progress it looked like a playoff certainty two weeks ago and a win against the Cards would have all but assured them a place in the playoffs.

• Advertisement

Marriotta needs to be better no doubt about it. He hasnt been the same since that hamstring injury, I wonder is it still bothering him. There were a couple of good QB reads last week but Arizona are under rated IMO. Problem for the Titans is the stalling progress it looked like a playoff certainty two weeks ago and a win against the Cards would have all but assured them a place in the playoffs.

yeah they clobbered him on one of them which impacted him the rest of the game.

I had assumed we'd beat the Cards and lose against the Rams, which would have brought it down to the final game against the Jags for the division. Cant see the Jags slipping up and us not losing against the Rams at least

yeah they clobbered him on one of them which impacted him the rest of the game.

I had assumed we'd beat the Cards and lose against the Rams, which would have brought it down to the final game against the Jags for the division. Cant see the Jags slipping up and us not losing against the Rams at least

Its hard to see the titans beating the Rams at the moment, just cant see them scoring enough.

Its hard to see the titans beating the Rams at the moment, just cant see them scoring enough.

Agree, i think our D will limit their offense, but our offense wont be able to overcome their D. I really think they are going to the AFC championship game

Agree, i think our D will limit their offense, but our offense wont be able to overcome their D. I really think they are going to the AFC championship game

The titans?

The titans?

Sorry Jags

• Advertisement

Sorry Jags

Yeah I think you are right. I actually think they finish as the number two seed and they wont fear the Steelers in the Championship game.

Seems Mariota needs surgery again to clean up his broken leg per one of the beat writers.

Offensive stupidity has got us 2 losses.

Last night was awful in the last 2:30. Get the ball and drive.. rush to get a play off before the 2 min warning?? why.. we had a TO, so basically we'd get two TO's and still have the ball. Walker then running OOB was boneheaded, stay in bounds and keep the clock.

then 3rd and 2.. and you run Demarco, go with the 6'3 brute to drive the pile.

Jimmy unsurprisingly torches the Defense for a pretty easy FG. We've went from division winners to not making the play offs in 2 weeks.

Offensive stupidity has got us 2 losses.

Last night was awful in the last 2:30. Get the ball and drive.. rush to get a play off before the 2 min warning?? why.. we had a TO, so basically we'd get two TO's and still have the ball. Walker then running OOB was boneheaded, stay in bounds and keep the clock.

then 3rd and 2.. and you run Demarco, go with the 6'3 brute to drive the pile.

Jimmy unsurprisingly torches the Defense for a pretty easy FG. We've went from division winners to not making the play offs in 2 weeks.

It was unforgiveable after getting the first down to rush a play off before the 2 minute warning. Deserved to lose yesterday and you were spot on , the offensive stupidity is a killer.

It was unforgiveable after getting the first down to rush a play off before the 2 minute warning. Deserved to lose yesterday and you were spot on , the offensive stupidity is a killer.

If you run from there, you pile forward and use Henry, push the pile.

First chance of the play offs in years i think went up in smoke there, we wont beat the Rams or Jags.

Next two are at home and thats the only saving grace, maybe.

Thing is Baltimore should win two to make it in but Buffalo are going to lose to New England next week so they need to win in Miami and the Titans have a great chance at home against a Jags team likely to be resting their starters.

Next two are at home and thats the only saving grace, maybe.

Thing is Baltimore should win two to make it in but Buffalo are going to lose to New England next week so they need to win in Miami and the Titans have a great chance at home against a Jags team likely to be resting their starters.

Potentially, but the Jags could be in the mix for the 2nd seed, if that happens the Titans will play their starters imo

That could be true alright.

Either way though at least its still in their own hands.

Play offs football is here.

Still offensively poor. Mariota was Uber safe with the ball but he used his legs better than he has all season.

Chiefs up next, very tough game in Arrowhead. Chiefs are last against the run so I would expect a similar game plan. Need to keep the ball away for the chiefs playmakers.

Play offs football is here.

Still offensively poor. Mariota was Uber safe with the ball but he used his legs better than he has all season.

Chiefs up next, very tough game in Arrowhead. Chiefs are last against the run so I would expect a similar game plan. Need to keep the ball away for the chiefs playmakers.

Was great to see the Titans actually get it done though, my best mate here is from Tennessee. Watching the game with him was excruciating but exciting even though it was a **** game, that doesn't make much sense on reading it back but I feel like you'll get it being a Titans fan.

• Advertisement

Was great to see the Titans actually get it done though, my best mate here is from Tennessee. Watching the game with him was excruciating but exciting even though it was a **** game, that doesn't make much sense on reading it back but I feel like you'll get it being a Titans fan.

the football is dire to watch, its attritional, but its effective (to a certain extent).

My biggest gripe is really how terrible we are in the redzone, we got there 3 times (our own drive, a muffed punt recovery and a fumble recovery) and we only got 9 points. We should have been out of sight with 3 TDs or even 2 TDs and a FG.

Chiefs will be a big test.

Alex Smith is not an elite QB, but imo he's a pretty good one, 26 TDs and 5 ints this year with over 4000 yards.

Hunt will be tough to keep control of, expect the Titans to try and control the clock as much as they can to keep the ball away from him.

In the passing game Hill and Kelce will see a lot of the ball. Expect Adoree Jackson to be matched up on Hill, he's probably the only titan fast enough. But if Hill gets too much space he'll kill us. Likewise, expect a large amount of Jayon Brown on Kelce and Woodyard aswell.

Happy to have got here, can we win? Yes, but its going to be very very tough and if we do it wont be pretty.

the football is dire to watch, its attritional, but its effective (to a certain extent).

My biggest gripe is really how terrible we are in the redzone, we got there 3 times (our own drive, a muffed punt recovery and a fumble recovery) and we only got 9 points. We should have been out of sight with 3 TDs or even 2 TDs and a FG.

Chiefs will be a big test.

Alex Smith is not an elite QB, but imo he's a pretty good one, 26 TDs and 5 ints this year with over 4000 yards.

Hunt will be tough to keep control of, expect the Titans to try and control the clock as much as they can to keep the ball away from him.

In the passing game Hill and Kelce will see a lot of the ball. Expect Adoree Jackson to be matched up on Hill, he's probably the only titan fast enough. But if Hill gets too much space he'll kill us. Likewise, expect a large amount of Jayon Brown on Kelce and Woodyard aswell.

Happy to have got here, can we win? Yes, but its going to be very very tough and if we do it wont be pretty.

Personally I think the Chiefs will go deep in the playoffs.

Titans will need it to be ugly to win but anything is possible in the Playoffs.

Personally I think the Chiefs will go deep in the playoffs.

Titans will need it to be ugly to win but anything is possible in the Playoffs.

If you argue with an idiot, you've already lost, thats the mentality the titans need, make the chiefs play a game that suits the titans, slow it down.

I think the Chiefs play makers will be too much :(

If you argue with an idiot, you've already lost, thats the mentality the titans need, make the chiefs play a game that suits the titans, slow it down.

I think the Chiefs play makers will be too much :(

I agree, but I fancy the Chiefs to go to Foxboro and win so I really think Hill, Hunt and Kelce will have too much for the Titans.

You are 100% right on the Titans needing a gameplan that basically consists of them owning the ball for 70% of the time. Anything is possible though in the NFL playoffs.

Well.. at 21-3.. i was surprised it wasnt all she wrote.

No doubt the Titans got some luck

Kelce going down (possibly an un reviewed fumble here)
    Henry fumbling out of bounds
    The mariota sack, fumble and FR on the 2 pointer, honestly no idea of the forward progress thing here, he wasnt moving forward.

But the pass the was batted down and Mariota caught for the TD. .there was a huge shout in the house :p

Kelce going down really changed the Chiefs offense, i wonder why 18 points up they didnt run it more in the 2nd half, the Titans blitzed the **** out of Smith in the 2nd half.

Onwards to Pitt/NE

Well.. at 21-3.. i was surprised it wasnt all she wrote.

No doubt the Titans got some luck

Kelce going down (possibly an un reviewed fumble here)
    Henry fumbling out of bounds
    The mariota sack, fumble and FR on the 2 pointer, honestly no idea of the forward progress thing here, he wasnt moving forward.

But the pass the was batted down and Mariota caught for the TD. .there was a huge shout in the house :p

Kelce going down really changed the Chiefs offense, i wonder why 18 points up they didnt run it more in the 2nd half, the Titans blitzed the **** out of Smith in the 2nd half.

Onwards to Pitt/NE

So NE it is .. great win. Tough , hard fought. Marriotta was decent. Henry was immense.

If it's epicly cold the Titans could shock the world next week.

So NE it is .. great win. Tough , hard fought. Marriotta was decent. Henry was immense.

If it's epicly cold the Titans could shock the world next week.

Gonna be an extremely tough game, Brady will dissect us but if we play like we played in the second we have a chance albeit a small one.

Gonna be an extremely tough game, Brady will dissect us but if we play like we played in the second we have a chance albeit a small one.

Pats cant stop the run. Give Henry the ball, let Mariotta run a little. Throw a few to Walker down field. Anything is possible.

If the Titans can start well then who knows. Second half Titans defence was unreal , although Kelce being out was a massive loss for the Chiefs.

Pats cant stop the run. Give Henry the ball, let Mariotta run a little. Throw a few to Walker down field. Anything is possible.

If the Titans can start well then who knows. Second half Titans defence was unreal , although Kelce being out was a massive loss for the Chiefs.

Yeah, we dont win with him on the field.
    Never nice to see a player injured, he was very wobbly when he stood up, but him leaving really helped the titans.

Mariota will be running a lot id say, yeah who knows, one can hope!

• Advertisement

Yeah, we dont win with him on the field.
    Never nice to see a player injured, he was very wobbly when he stood up, but him leaving really helped the titans.

Mariota will be running a lot id say, yeah who knows, one can hope!

Hope is all you need!

If Mariota can find some throws this NE defence isnt hard to score against. It's just stopping Brady and Gronk that will be the problem.

Advertisement