Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭Christy42

Christy42 wrote: »
    Mariota is injured and was at serious risk of making it worse if he got hit too much. Hence him not starting.

Mariota with his performance when he came in was far superior to Gabbert both Vs the the Texans and in his short stint against the Jags.

Mariota in his limited capacity is still better than Gabbert.
    He is at an increased chance of a serious injury. There was a serious chance he would have been out for far longer had he taken a big hit.

Mariota is obviously better than Gabbert but it is about maximising Mariota's playing time long term as opposed to trying to win one game in week 3.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mariota back to normal per Vrabel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mariota back to normal per Vrabel

Better than normal!

Amazing win, great play by mariota, Davis was outstanding, running game was bad.

Defense gassed a bit, but Landy is a beast.

Vaccaro is probably gone for 4/5 weeks at least which is a shame

Onto Buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Any of you guys going to London?... or know the pub the Titans fans are calling home while in London?

I just learned the Chargers' fans (both of them ha ha) are taking over the Admiralty on Trafalgar Sq, but I will be with Titans fans and they are keen to find out where we should go.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Any of you guys going to London?... or know the pub the Titans fans are calling home while in London?

I just learned the Chargers' fans (both of them ha ha) are taking over the Admiralty on Trafalgar Sq, but I will be with Titans fans and they are keen to find out where we should go.

Yeah im going over, but in and out on the sunday, regretting that now :o
    Wont get to wembley til about 1:30 so wont be doing any pre beers bar the stadium but i expect us to be on quite a winning streak by then!

• Advertisement

Yeah im going over, but in and out on the sunday, regretting that now :o
    Wont get to wembley til about 1:30 so wont be doing any pre beers bar the stadium but i expect us to be on quite a winning streak by then!

You haven't heard of/know the name of 'the pub' the Titans fans are calling home/the meeting place for the weekend ala the Admiralty for the Chargers fans?

You haven't heard of/know the name of 'the pub' the Titans fans are calling home/the meeting place for the weekend ala the Admiralty for the Chargers fans?

I havent, but if youre on twitter theres a UK titans fans page, they'll know im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Wouldn't let me copy the address link for some reason but hope this helps:

L.S.F wrote: »
    Wouldn't let me copy the address link for some reason but hope this helps:

Thanks loads... I didn't get a reply from the lads on twitter. See you there if you're going.

Bloody awful.

Fumbles, Ints, and the bloody WR's dropping the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Bloody awful.

Fumbles, Ints, and the bloody WR's dropping the ball

The drop on that would be touchdown was brutal!

phatkev wrote: »
    The drop on that would be touchdown was brutal!

yeah, he's had a couple of key drops so far, last week we managed to get past it, but that TD wins us the game, I'm surprised he hasnt been cut :pac:

bloody awful the last 2 weeks.

onto the chargers, looking forward to the trip

Fowler back, should never have let him go.

Expect
    1) More runs - with lewis
    2) more PA with Fowler in to block and one of the TE's losing snaps
    3) Short yardage situations with Henry/Fowler

Huge game tonight.

Texans are 3 games in front, titans to play tonight and the Texans bye week to come. Lose tonight and we have zero chance of the division.

Our D bar Morgan is healthy, hopfully with MM having 2 weeks without the glove we'll see some actual offensive drives,

Well, that was unexpected.

A pretty complete destruction of the Pats.

The Miami and Bills games may come back to haunt us, Colts & Texans coming up.

Absolute must wins

Frustrating season overall, some really good wins and then some terrible losses.

Losing la fleur is a bit of a pain, but cant blame him for taking up an opportunity with Rodgers.

Onto the draft

Pretty happy with the titans draft.

However don't expect to see Simmons this year at all.

Brown and Davis will see a lot of snaps if not be starters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

AJ Brown is fantastic value, top wr in the draft imo. I thought he'd be a shoe in for the first round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was under the impression that Jake Conklin was having a good career

When a team doesn’t pick up the 5th year option it’s notable and it’s very rare for a top 10 pick

Is he struggling?

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that Jake Conklin was having a good career

When a team doesn’t pick up the 5th year option it’s notable and it’s very rare for a top 10 pick

Is he struggling?

He's had zero career :pac:

Jack Conklin.. though..

He had a great first season, good 2nd season but then ore his ACL, he came back too quick last year imo, shadow of himself.

the biggest issue is that the option for him is 13M, its too expensive. I'd expect they get him on a long term deal.
    however if they do sign him that ties up a lot of money in the line with
    Lewan-Saffold- Jones (contract year and wont be kept imo) - Davis and Conklin.

Incredible result yesterday.

Defense really dominated and the offense was pretty efficient.

A great start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Brent Urban DE has been cut I see

Spent 4 years in Baltimore and he is welcome back imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Beau Bennett

Titan up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Titan Up!

What a run this has been.

Pretty amazing two weeks. Sunday gonna be one hell of a game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Have more than exceeded expectation at this point, but it's really hard to believe they're just one game from the Super Bowl. It was such a weird season that it doesn't make a whole pile of sense!

It looks like Ryan Tannehill will be kept on and thankfully Arthur Smith has avoided the head coaching / coordinator merry-go-round, so we'll get another year of Big Art. He's really grown as the year has gone on to an extremely talented play-caller. I really hope Corey Davis can grow and in year 4 and Humphries either stays healthy or we can find another weapon to help out AJ Brown.

I think Derrick Henry will get paid too, but it'll be interesting to see how much. I think in the free agent market he couldn't demand Zeke type money, but he's certainly done enough on the back end of this season to warrant a nice pay day. I don't think Jon Robinson, coming from the Patriots school of not paying RBs, will want to commit too much, but Henry is such a huge part of the offense that he will work something out.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Have more than exceeded expectation at this point, but it's really hard to believe they're just one game from the Super Bowl. It was such a weird season that it doesn't make a whole pile of sense!

It looks like Ryan Tannehill will be kept on and thankfully Arthur Smith has avoided the head coaching / coordinator merry-go-round, so we'll get another year of Big Art. He's really grown as the year has gone on to an extremely talented play-caller. I really hope Corey Davis can grow and in year 4 and Humphries either stays healthy or we can find another weapon to help out AJ Brown.

I think Derrick Henry will get paid too, but it'll be interesting to see how much. I think in the free agent market he couldn't demand Zeke type money, but he's certainly done enough on the back end of this season to warrant a nice pay day. I don't think Jon Robinson, coming from the Patriots school of not paying RBs, will want to commit too much, but Henry is such a huge part of the offense that he will work something out.

Not paying RT/Henry would alienate the fanbase completely, both will be kept and paid well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's mad that January 23(which is a week from Thursday) it'll be twenty years since the titans played in the AFC championship game on their way to the first super bowl I ever watched which was against the rams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Best of luck Sunday

Gonna be a truly fascinating clash of styles

If you get by us I truly hope you go all the way, and I echo the sentiments of every other Chiefs fan

Advertisement