Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tennessee Titans Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Schefter has just tweeted that the injury is not beleived to be season ending

Pro football are saying "a few weeks"

4-8 weeks (which is a massive range) if it's 4 weeks surely Ryan Fitzpatrick is good enough to carry the team for that time frame

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

4 weeks gets us to the Rams after the bye week which imo is not that bad.

I think we (despite recent form) would have expected losses vs 9'ers and hawks, so if we beat the chiefs, then lose those 2 its not the end of the world if Locker comes back against the Rams or even Jags

Fitz should be able to do a job, however i'd be keen to have Greene back to help out the run game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Locker definitely missing the Chiefs game, there's still swelling so the next MRI tomorrow will give a very clear picture as to the damage.
    I think however its safe to say he'll miss at least 2 games.

When he was on the ground.. he asked "did i complete the pass" what a hero!

On a personal level, i'm gutted for him. He finally starts a season with folks believing he's a top level QB and he gets injured :(

Locker definitely missing the Chiefs game, there's still swelling so the next MRI tomorrow will give a very clear picture as to the damage.
    I think however its safe to say he'll miss at least 2 games.

When he was on the ground.. he asked "did i complete the pass" what a hero!

On a personal level, i'm gutted for him. He finally starts a season with folks believing he's a top level QB and he gets injured :(

Couldn't agree with you more. I was a huge fan of him coming out of college& really believed this was the year (& it still can be)

yeah, i think best case scenario is 4 weeks, he misses the next 3 games and the bye week and we get 1 win from the next 3 to leave us 4-3, If he comes back i think we can do the below..

Rams - Win
    Jags - Win
    Colts - Win
    Raiders -Win
    Colts - Loss
    Broncos - Loss
    Cardinals - loss
    Jags - Win
    Texans Win :pac:

So Locker has confirmed as having a sprained hip (along with a slight MCL sprain)

He'll be back after the bye, however if he recovers well its possible he may see time against SF but i think its very unlikely.

Schwenke into start at centre on use day, locker is back practicing but looks stiff, Greene also back and he'll most likely feature Sunday. Fokou is injured which means Preston is released and Dilea signed

Looks increasingly likely locker gets some game time on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Looks increasingly likely locker gets some game time on Sunday

Good, because we need him back badly. without him we are turning over the ball way too much.

• Advertisement

Agree, from what I've read Munch will make a decision tomorrow, Locker said said she's sore but better than he thought, I would imagine if Fitz throws an early int, Locker will see game tine

Agree, from what I've read Munch will make a decision tomorrow, Locker said said she's sore but better than he thought, I would imagine if Fitz throws an early int, Locker will see game tine

Maybe Corv could shed some light, but is there a chance if he comes back too early he could do more damage to his hip?

I don't want to admit that I've written off our game on sunday but... i have, so i don't want to see locker go out and hurt himself in the game. The guy has no fear and will attempt to run through people.

Yep he will, he needs to play it safe (if he plays) stay in the pocket and if he leaves it slide very early, he can't afford to be taking hits from the likes of Willis

Titans release Darius Reynaud thank god for that.

If only they could figure out a way to get Mariani back on the team i'd be happy

Titans release Darius Reynaud thank god for that.

If only they could figure out a way to get Mariani back on the team i'd be happy

I say throw Cj650 back to return them! He's great in the open field, not doing too good running between the tackles though.

I said it in the week 7 thread, but its the happiest I've been after a loss that I can remember! I watched locker obviously still carrying that injury play well. I think we've finally found our replacement to Mcnair. Locker has really stepped up this season.

Adams has died, done questions over who is the new owner

• Advertisement

I assume it passes to his daughters? Depends if they sell or keep? I'm not actually sure how this will proceed.

So Buds son in law is now the owner and by god he's a monster of a man!

Everyone seems back healthy for this game, there are a few niggles but nothing major. Greene is back and should get a fair amount of game time and Williams will be on return duties.

Locker has still been wearing the leg brace but he's moving the way he was before the injury

Pretty happy the Colts won, I dont think the Titans will win the division no matter what so it's good that the Texans had another loss.

However the Titans really need to get 1 win against the Colts and that last game against the Texans could very well be for a wildcard.

On last nights performance, it wasnt good. I thought the line played well especially in run blocking but pass protection could have been better.

Johnson ran very well, he said pre game he much prefers artificial turf and he showed it, he got 150 yards and his 1st rushing TDs of the season.

Locker was mobile, but inaccurate, the 1st int to Finny wasnt great however Britt didnt really compete for it (up til then Finny had pretty much been the worst CB in the NFL according the PFF)

The 2nd int, apparently was a blatant hold on Nate but wasnt called, however i havent seen it.
    We are lucky that they Rams didnt score any points of those turn overs and we got a couple of lucky fumbles.

Stacy killed us all game whether running or receiving.
    The defense was pretty quiet and allowed some big plays and on the 4th down at the end of the game i was really thinking they WR would come down with it.

The best thing about the D was recovering 2 fumbles.

Cookie got a TD against us, his only TD since game week 1.

Next up is the Jags and another must win game

Casey has more sacks than the entire defensive line of the Jags...we must surely get a good win next week against the Jags

A lot of chat so far about not underestimating the Jags and rightly so as they got 1 of their 2 wins against us last year.

I'd like to see solid D but also like to get Locker 2/3 TDs he'll need a confidence boost after Sunday and before the Colts game

• Advertisement

A lot of chat so far about not underestimating the Jags and rightly so as they got 1 of their 2 wins against us last year.

I'd like to see solid D but also like to get Locker 2/3 TDs he'll need a confidence boost after Sunday and before the Colts game

I really fancy our chances against the colts. I think we are going to win the fight in the trenches all night and if Cj can play like he did against the rams (who have a better Run D than the colts have) we have a very strong chance.

I really fancy our chances against the colts. I think we are going to win the fight in the trenches all night and if Cj can play like he did against the rams (who have a better Run D than the colts have) we have a very strong chance.

Maybe Luck will have an off day.. our D will need to hammer him at every opportunity

Well where to start..

3 turnovers in 10 mins
    Shocking running, shocking passing

twice the Titans had the Jags on 3rd and long and they failed, only for Pollard to give up 2 1st downs due to penalties.
    Warmack gives up a safety for holding
    Fitz letting the ball get snatched from him and run in for a TD

Locker is out for the season most likely, Fitz is in.
    A win last night would have been great (and a healthy Locker) but now i think we'll fall away

so so frustrating

I think we need to draft a qb, for as much as I like locker, he is always getting injured and Fitz isn't good enough.

That really is an embarrassing result. The colts lost and we missed an opportunity to gain on them. It seems like the jags beat us once every year.

We gave the seahawks a good game, beat the rams, chargers and jets and then we do this.

I think we need to draft a qb, for as much as I like locker, he is always getting injured and Fitz isn't good enough.

That really is an embarrassing result. The colts lost and we missed an opportunity to gain on them. It seems like the jags beat us once every year.

We gave the seahawks a good game, beat the rams, chargers and jets and then we do this.

I have to agree that at this stage it could be time to draft Lockers replacement. I hate to say it as I'm a huge fan & still think he has potential to be a franchise QB but he is always injured.

Part of Lockers issue is himself, twice he ran into contact with his shoulder, he needs to slide!
    And just before the injury he definitely hurt his leg when he got hit

Message boards are having a s**t attack and rightly so, it was an awful awful performance and one that could cost us a playoff spot .

All week the conversation had been how we werent looking past the Jags to this thursday night but after the game thats what everyone said, we were too casual, too slow out of the gate, didnt respect the jags in reality they wanted the W a lot more than the Titans did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

twice the Titans had the Jags on 3rd and long and they failed, only for Pollard to give up 2 1st downs due to penalties.

Pollard is an idiot imo, he does more harm than good. The Ravens locker room was glad to see the back of him. And Locker? Well I don't think the Titans franchise can afford to depend on that guy any more.

Pollard is an idiot imo, he does more harm than good. The Ravens locker room was glad to see the back of him. And Locker? Well I don't think the Titans franchise can afford to depend on that guy any more.

Pollard had been quite good up until this game, the relatively few penalties he gave up havent been costly, however those 2 penalties yesterday gave the Jags an extra 30 yards, 2 1st downs that they werent getting and ultimately a TD

A s**t performance all over

Going to tough to stop Luck tonight but i think that if the front 7 step up and stuff to the run and reduce Lucks chances of scrambling with him forced to through the secondary may come up with a couple of turnovers.

The defense will win us this game.. however the offense is likely to lose it for us :mad:

we lost to a bad colts team. We yet again beat ourselves. They wouldn't have had two of their td's if it wasn't for the crap return fumble, and the even worse roughing the passer penalty.

We were the better team and lost the game, so ****ing frustrating.

I also don't know how that scumbag didn't get ejected for ripping walkers helmet off and then head-butting him.

Thats our season over.

• Advertisement

we lost to a bad colts team. We yet again beat ourselves. They wouldn't have had two of their td's if it wasn't for the crap return fumble, and the even worse roughing the passer penalty.

We were the better team and lost the game, so ****ing frustrating.

I also don't know how that scumbag didn't get ejected for ripping walkers helmet off and then head-butting him.

Thats our season over.

havent seen the game, but seen the headbutt which was shocking.
    Will watch it tonight, but when i read that we were 2 scores up at HT i'm not sure how we didnt go on and win

havent seen the game, but seen the headbutt which was shocking.
    Will watch it tonight, but when i read that we were 2 scores up at HT i'm not sure how we didnt go on and win

We beat ourselves like usual. We pretty much handed them lucks td and browns last td.

a win is a win, it wasnt pretty.

Hunter had a good game but in general we were poor, however it was good to see Fitz wracking up the yards.

Walker had a couple of really really bad drops.

With the Colts getting hammered, us losing to them and the Texans and the Jags! means we could have been leading the division :mad:

Titans sign Leon Washington to be the returner, god they should have put Mariani on IR and had him back at week 8

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Heffo001

May aswell try it, at such short yardage with a beefy o line in front you'd expect he'd get it everytime, let's try it out at Lucas Oil at the weekend!

May aswell try it, at such short yardage with a beefy o line in front you'd expect he'd get it everytime, let's try it out at Lucas Oil at the weekend!

I can see a game winning touchdown in Casey's immediate future!

Do offensive touchdowns for Defensive players count in IDP fantasy leagues?

Heffo001 wrote: »
    I can see a game winning touchdown in Casey's immediate future!

Do offensive touchdowns for Defensive players count in IDP fantasy leagues?

They do, btu im presuming just for defensive plays like ints and FR's but who knows!

They do, btu im presuming just for defensive plays like ints and FR's but who knows!

That's what I was thinking. I have Casey on a couple of teams, so if offensive touchdowns counted it'd be a nice bonus if they started using him around the goal-line.

• Advertisement

50 euro bet placed on titans to win outright. Im feeling good about this game!

me too actually, the team like last week need to treat this as a playoff game.
    IF they lose they are going for an early bath, a win is the only option

awful awful awful nothing else to say.

After the early pollard int and failure to put points on the board i had a feeling we'd fall apart and thats what happened.

Walker went out injured and he is most definitely a safety blanket for both QBs.

A dominance defense was stabbed in the back for the inept offense, however dont even get me started on that Fokou penalty, i really dont know what he was thinking

We are going to miss out on the wild card spot now and to be honest we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Nope, if we ended up against the Pats or even the Chiefs i think we'd embarrass ourselves offensively at this point.

Time for a lot of changes i think, such a shame after the Steelers win there was a lot of optimism

Titans re-sign Quinn Johnson as Mooney is out for the season, bye hey run game!

Also looks like we're going to sign Visanthe Shiancoe as both walker and Thompson have concussion

• Advertisement

Slightly worried that tonights game could be an absolute mauling :(

as long as its within 50 points

So we kept it a pretty interesting game up until the 3rd and then we were blown away...

The look on munchs face after the fumble and int says it all, he'sa broken man and given the stories that surfaced just before the game about C2J and Munch being 100% gone its not surprising.

From the same stories it seems if Cutler becomes a FA the Titans are in for him.

If that happens and we get him, Cutler starts and Locker is a back up and Fitz goes.

The only way locker stays is if he restructures I think. I hope he is kept but I can't see him getting the 15 million.

The only way locker stays is if he restructures I think. I hope he is kept but I can't see him getting the 15 million.

Nope, even if he had a good year this year i dont think they keep him at that.
    He'll restructure i think as i dont think he'll start anywhere else in the NFL

• Advertisement
Advertisement