Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting out of jury

• 27-04-2012 11:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

i got called for jury this morning for june. is it true if your a full time student you can get out of it? even though you will be off in the summer holidays anyway.
    im only 20 anyway so would be hopless :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

What do you mean hopeless? Can you not understand English or do you lack the capacity to think or make a reasoned decision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

We all have to do it, if you have a valid reason tell them an you might be let out of it. Don't be lazy :P You might see something interesting and at the same time become a member of the justice league, ask them for your membership badge and super hero outfit at the end if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

It is very hard to get out of jury service. My company sent a letter 4 weeks ago, outlining how it would cause huge problems in work if I was not there and they completely rejected it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is very hard to get out of jury service
    Nope. In my experience it is quite easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Mine too.

Just do it. You might get an interesting case.
    Also, it'll give you something to do for the week ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Brother Psychosis

reeta wrote: »
    It is very hard to get out of jury service. My company sent a letter 4 weeks ago, outlining how it would cause huge problems in work if I was not there and they completely rejected it...

they usually refuse and then let you make your case to the judge who will let you off if you have a reasonable excuse ie, work, holidays booked abroad, family commitments (weddings etc)

Advertisement